FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 09:19 AM

I thought I would share this project with you all... I am building a small 30 gallon tender to mix & transport chicken manure tea to my garden. I have one barrel that will be on a stand to make the tea mix, and this barrel will be mounted to a frame and have wheels so it can be towed behind my tractor. The tea mix needs to be mixed with water, so the tanker will be towed to the barrel with the non-diluted tea in it, and then towed to the garden hose. From there, I can tow it to my garden and dispense into a watering can (or maybe by hose)

I picked up a 3/4" fitting and brass hose barb, and the "funnel" is made from a plastic double male fitting and a 90 degree elbow. This allows the re-use of the cap to seal the tanker when moving.

Anyway, here is the start, the modified 30 gallon drum (I like the fact that I found a white one!) I hope to get started on the frame soon. I have a pair of front wheels & tires from a lawn tractor that will be used. The frame will be some re-purposed bed frame angle iron with wood blocks to make the "U" for the barrel to sit in. When done, the frame will be painted red with silver wheels to match the Massey.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 09:34 AM

Looks good,I built something that looks just like that,only mine is used to haul water around my 12 acer property to water my trees.I have mine strapped to a trailer.I just hook a hose to the faucet and away I go.

#3 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 10:11 AM

Thanks, I may use it for other plants too, but them main use is for my veggie garden. I thought about just strapping it to my trailer, but I think the trailer will be a nice addition and looks cooler! LOL... Maybe I can make a PVC "T" that attached to the spout and drive it around the yard to fertilize the lawn. Just for fun really...

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,668 Thanks
  • 17,196 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 10:03 PM

Looking Good! :thumbs:

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 22, 2010 - 05:00 PM

As you progress with it if you want to edit your first post to add more to the post that would be great and then we can publish it to the main part of the site. You can always reply to the thread too as to let everyone know of updates.

Looks like a fun project. :thumbs:

#6 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted October 13, 2010 - 12:08 PM

Interesting project. Was it ever completed? Any updates?

#7 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 12:09 AM

Nawh. it kinda fizzled out from there. I have the tank still, but I am eyeballing it to dunk that hood in to de-rust it!