• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kitepilot OFFLINE  

kitepilot
  • Member No: 9349
  • 0 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted April 12, 2012 - 07:26 PM

I need some help, After steam cleaning my unit I went to check the Hydro oil and for some reason my dip stick seemed to be broken? dont really know what happened but I need someone to let me know what the length of the dipstick should be and the low oil and high oil marks from the cap.
Thank you in advance for your help.

#2 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted April 13, 2012 - 06:47 AM

What make and model of hydro?
  • kitepilot said thank you

#3 kitepilot OFFLINE  

kitepilot
  • 0 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted April 13, 2012 - 08:55 PM

What make and model of hydro?

Transaxle is Peerless MO. 2515 Ser 6057-025 and the stamp on the pump only says Made in USA 11862-2 CCW B7 F
I hope this helps, Oh and what should the oil filter be? in the manual it only has a part number as 14241. Thank you for responding..

#4 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted April 14, 2012 - 03:34 AM

The hydro is an Eaton Model 10 and the rear end is a Peerless 2500. The filter is, I believe, Wix #51410, and the rear end takes 5 quarts of oil.

With this info, someone should be along with the needed dipstick dimensions. I also believe that the Peerless 2600, with the Sundstrand Series 15 hydro, uses the same dipstick.

It's a little dark out for me to measure mine.lol

#5 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted April 16, 2012 - 01:13 AM

From the bottom of the cap to the full line, 10 11/16". No low level mark on mine.

#6 kitepilot OFFLINE  

kitepilot
  • 0 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted April 16, 2012 - 08:58 PM

From the bottom of the cap to the full line, 10 11/16". No low level mark on mine.

Thank you very very much...
Today I changed the oil and intalled a new filter, I hope I did the right thing but for some reason I remember that Gilson was putting ATF in the Pump/Transfer Case and stated that if it was ever rebuilt to put the hydraulic oil in it instead of the ATF 220. Well I put the NAPA brand Trans/Hydro oil in it, I hope it gets along with the ATF that was in there.... Ken

#7 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted April 17, 2012 - 01:58 AM

Don't sweat it, Ken. There isn't more than a quart of the original oil left after draining, and most of that is in the lift cylinders, if they're present. They'll mix without a problem.

If your area is subject to severe cold temps (-20* F), you may find the tractor reluctant to move until it generates some heat to thin out the heavier oil, otherwise it's fine. I use Dexron in my Sundstrand and my FEL for this reason.

A rebuilt hydro may have slightly larger clearances, which is probably why they specify a heavier oil for the system.