• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,748 Thanks
  • 18,027 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Looks Good and should keep you nice and dry.

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#107 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,364 Thanks
  • 1,810 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 07:30 AM

It's been a while since anything notable in this thread, but I recently did some 'hoodhacking' and finally decided to fess up. From the start, I took in this Gt with a replaced techy motor and good sized chunks removed from the hood.

day1.jpg

I'm not bashing techumsehs as this was the first motor I got to work with and it never outright failed me or

cost me any major headaches and I figure any brand motor can crap the bed and become a mess to deal with. If anything haunted me it was wondering if there was something I could do about what I thought was too loud when running and not enough power to do all the original machine was meant for.

m2.jpg

(this would be the stock muffler.,which I replaced with a 'new' one. Wasn't too long before it looked much like the first one and sounded /performed no different)

m4 35824 with SPARK ARRESTOR.jpg

(part#391026 or 35824 )

This was the optional 'Quiet' unit which at 1st was not easy to find and then prices seemed stupid.

One fine day when not looking for it., it appeared and I jumped on it for a song. Which brings us to the hacking and I'd say the pics tell the tale (great fit for the HM100, not so much for a Bolens)

m3.jpg m5.JPG m6.JPG

m9.JPG m10.JPG

I put in some spacers to keep cables in line...

m11.jpg

Now I was commited and according to some, probably should have been (for evaluation) :loosing_it:

WARNING:Please look away at this point if graphic images are upsetting to you.. :( :mad2:  

m13.jpg m14.jpg m15.jpg

m16.jpg m17.jpg m18.jpg

m20.jpg m21.jpg m23.jpg

m27.jpg m28.jpg

Has anyone used one of these mufflers and what's your experience with them??

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens 650, 10hp tecumseh., rings