• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,485 Thanks
  • 17,099 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Looks Good and should keep you nice and dry.

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#107 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,149 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 07:30 AM

It's been a while since anything notable in this thread, but I recently did some 'hoodhacking' and finally decided to fess up. From the start, I took in this Gt with a replaced techy motor and good sized chunks removed from the hood.

I'm not bashing techumsehs as this was the first motor I got to work with and it never outright failed me or

cost me any major headaches and I figure any brand motor can crap the bed and become a mess to deal with. If anything haunted me it was wondering if there was something I could do about what I thought was too loud when running and not enough power to do all the original machine was meant for.

(this would be the stock muffler.,which I replaced with a 'new' one. Wasn't too long before it looked much like the first one and sounded /performed no different)

m4 35824 with SPARK ARRESTOR.jpg

(part#391026 or 35824 )

This was the optional 'Quiet' unit which at 1st was not easy to find and then prices seemed stupid.

One fine day when not looking for it., it appeared and I jumped on it for a song. Which brings us to the hacking and I'd say the pics tell the tale (great fit for the HM100, not so much for a Bolens)

m3.jpg m5.JPG m6.JPG

m9.JPG m10.JPG

I put in some spacers to keep cables in line...

Now I was commited and according to some, probably should have been (for evaluation) :loosing_it:

WARNING:Please look away at this point if graphic images are upsetting to you.. :( :mad2:  

m13.jpg m14.jpg m15.jpg

m16.jpg m17.jpg m18.jpg

m20.jpg m21.jpg m23.jpg

m27.jpg m28.jpg

Has anyone used one of these mufflers and what's your experience with them??