• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 02:48 PM

Finally got a chance to run the block up to the machine shop last week since I was going there to pick up a deck belt for my 104. I was told it had a 0004'' lip ontop & lil wear on the bottom. He gave me 2 options , if I just want to get it runnin and reuse the old piston or I can go ahead and bore it 10 over. Last month or so I took the crank down and his dad miced the crank and told me it was perfect,only needs polished up. I was wanting to put original kohler parts back in it but after lookin around i noticed a guy on ebay has summer deals on his rebuild kits. offers several different kits depending on what you need, I seen a kit with the piston,rings,rod,valves,gaskets & seals,plus a tune up kit for aroun $100.00 . I'm thinkin for the money I'm gonna go with that,

#2 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • Member No: 3755
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 04:43 PM

Sounds like a good price on the kit. I have never regretted doing the job right but i have on several occasions been bitten on the bum because i was cheap.
  • caseguy said thank you

#3 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 08:07 PM

I was thinking about putting kohler parts back in it but I've had a few people tell me that parts from stens & rotary are just as good if not better. I wont be using this gt on a daily basis , I'm not going to use it to cut any grass so I'm not gonna bother putting the front pto ack on. Maybe pull a trailer around the yard once in a while and take a spin up the street & back. But then again you never know what a person will do in the future. I am going to put kohler seals and head gasket on it. My opinion , I think there better quality, Oh yeah I think I'm gonna go with bearing inserts on the rod also. I've head its money well spent , good investment.