sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 04:57 PM

Yes my handle only goes to the rear pto. I don't have anything to go to the front. I do have the bracket that is at the front that would hold the pivot for the clutch pressure.

Makes sense, yours had the rear rotary mower and if the original owner ordered both at the same time, and did not plan on using it for a snow blower or a mower deck, then all he would need would be the handle to operate the rear pto.

#227 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 08:56 PM

Yanked the motor out today after work. Got it up on the bench and managed to get it completely torn down other then removing the valve and the cam. I will remove those here in the next day or so.

Figured out why the governor wasn't working. It is just laying in there loose. Not sure how it never got chewed up and I don't know for sure yet why it came loose and is just sitting in there. I have a new governor coming this week. Is there anything I should order a while?

I also removed the balance gears and they won't be going back in. Here are some pics from the phone. Don't know how well they turned out. Tried to show how the governor gear is just laying in there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1371002147926.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1371002163524.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1371002179569.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1371002193489.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1371002207067.jpg

• olcowhand said thank you

#228 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 04:48 AM

Got the engine completely back together and back in the Bush Hog. I believe someone must have removed the stop pin at some point which let the governor gear come off the shaft. The old gear was in good shape other than one scuff mark on it.

I also left the counter balance gears out and to be honest I can't tell a difference. If anything I thought it shook worse with them in. Dad took some video of me mowing with the trail mower on the back bank and I will get that posted later but for now here is a ride along video just cruising around the house. At the last part is going up the small hill the same as I did with the Wisconsin just above idle then mashing the hydro pedal part way up. Difference is the Wisconsin would all but die and the Kohler loads up a little and keeps going.

It is still uploading but should be available here soon.

• olcowhand and sacsr have said thanks

#229 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 08:21 AM

Yep, this Kohler does the trick! :dancingbanana:    The Wisconsin should have done ok as well, so must be at least the carb issue with it.  My first JB came with a 12hp Briggs instead of the original 14hp (now has the Wisconsin TJD twin), but the 12hp did just fine, so the Wisconsin should have also.  

I see the mighty Massey has the rake on it....watchya been doing with it...rock removal?

#230 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 09:24 AM

I am still not sure what was up with the Wisconsin. I think I might rebuild it and get it bored and see how it does later on.

As for the Massey, yes we were raking the garden. We were a little late getting it plowed and tilled this year and not sure if we are going to get anything planted anymore or not. We have a lot of rocks to rake out since we picked the only spot in the yard that used to have a stoned parking area there at one time according to google satellite view LOL. 

• olcowhand said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bush hog, hd-12, wisconsin, hydro