Well guys. I must have stepped in crap today. Ended up not working late today and when I got home I was debating if I wanted to mess with the tractor or not. I was fearing the worst in that I would have to pull the whole transmission apart and try to find new gaskets for it.
I decided to change in to old clothes and the first thing I did was removed the middle lift assembly and the bottom plate so I could get a better look at the pump. I cleaned up all the gunk on the bottom that the pressure washer never got. Wiped it all as clean as I could and it looked like it was leaking where the hydro / piston unit bolts to the angle gear. Just out of curiosity I tried to tighten the mounting bolts.
Sure enough they were just a little loose. Not much at all really. They tightened easy for like the first 1/4" and got tight. I don't know what the torque should be on them but I should probably torque them. We checked all four and they were all the same way. Cleaned up the mess and took it for a spin. Ran it long enough to get everything warm and pulled it in the garage. Let it sit for a little while and so far no leaks.
The battery that I did the epsom salt treatment too and did one round of slow charge than discharge with the trolling motor. I put it on a 10 amp one hour charge yesterday than left it at 2 amps till I got home from work. I put the battery in the Bush Hog and it cranked it right over. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that it continues. Still taking jumper cables with though