• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fnt96 OFFLINE  

fnt96

• Member No: 4591
  • 2 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted April 10, 2012 - 12:36 PM

Anybody have any experience on these early model New Hollands ? An S14 Model 931002 serial 000101 . The hydrostat stopped working .It was removed and disassembled . It has been apart before I got this . Found an overabundance of gasket sealer was used and excess sealer was holding a valve open so it prevented it from working . After reassembled and installed , what is the proper way to prime this hydro ? I don't seem to find much of any info on these older Vickers hydrostats . I'm finding parts are NLA . The manuals I'm finding are for serial nos 301 and UP but I don't find any for 301 DOWN . Anyone have any light on this ? Any links on info would be greatly appreciated .

#2 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 10, 2012 - 12:50 PM

The only reference I've seen for purging air is for the Peerless transmissions in the Massey Ferguson series of tractors. For those, what is recommended was to raise both rear wheels off the ground, crank the engine, and cycle the control repeatedly from forward to reverse for 10-15 minutes. Might work here.

#3 jjkrjh OFFLINE  

jjkrjh

• Member No: 1171
  • 8 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 07:55 PM

Here is a link to the Ariens manual with the Vickers transmission in it. Page 70 tells how to prime the pump. It also has the only tear down and repair that I have ever been able to find.

http://apache.ariens...s/PRM 31000.pdf

Sorry for the late reply---- hope it helps if you didn't find/have it already
  • Wm McNett said thank you