• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 custom8mm98 OFFLINE  

custom8mm98

• Member No: 30
  • 1 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted June 19, 2010 - 05:10 PM

As my father and i own an auto repair shop we always have people in and out, one of our customers happen to see one of my masseys setting at the shop, long story short. I went to his spare property today about 30 miles south of town as he told me he had a few masseys he would sell. Turns out he has 3 masseys. all are 12's, two of them have good headlight bezels (like i need them) and one of them has the rare power lift option. I havent hashed out a price yet, im hoping i can get them all for $150. Only reason i think i can get them so cheap is they have family history, they all once belonged to my late grandfather as he was in the mower repair business and when he passed away 11 years ago, this guy accquired his personal collection, only problem is they have sat outside for 11 years without being used. so i will get pics of them if they come home with me!!

#2 JoeA OFFLINE  

JoeA

• Member No: 431
  • 1 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted June 19, 2010 - 06:03 PM

about 6 weeks ago i picked up mf16 that appears to have sit out for some time..i got it really for the push plow that was on it...mounted that push plow on my mf12...looking forward to working on the mf16 over the winter and maybe do a restore....good luck on those 12's

#3 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted June 19, 2010 - 07:29 PM

Double Dang you may have the Big Load. Shoot if you get them they will surely run without a lot of work. Great find.

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,611 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 19, 2010 - 07:42 PM

The best part is they are part of your family history!
Usually the hardest part getting a Tecumseh running is getting the passages in the carb clean. Those TEC carbs are notorious for hard to clean carbs. Most times you have to remove the welch plugs to get the crud out.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 19, 2010 - 07:45 PM

That sounds awesome Jeremy. I hope you get them and I can't wait to hear the outcome :thumbs:

#6 custom8mm98 OFFLINE  

custom8mm98

• Member No: 30
  • 1 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted June 19, 2010 - 08:12 PM

Im just really hoping i can save these tractors from further rot and weather! Its an added bonus that i would be getting a piece of family history back in the family. Not like anyone other then my parents and my wife would care, but its nice to know. I have a small hole in my heart for a good story and this has so far made out to be a good one.

#7 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted June 19, 2010 - 10:37 PM

Yeah, its always nice to find pieces of your family history.

#8 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted June 27, 2010 - 09:50 AM

Hey GTR, hows the 3 mf12's deal going. I really hope you get them. I had never seen a mf12 with a power lift before until I picked one up recently. The lift cylinder/hydro pump is missing and I'm hopeing to see some pictures of the one your looking at so I can return mine to power lift. I want to make it as close to original as possible. It would be great for you to be able to have your Grandfathers tractors and rescue them from the rot. My Father offered me his mf10 about 5 years ago and I turned it down because I had no room for it at the time. He ended up selling it to a guy down the road from me. Now I really regret not taking it. I see the guy mowing with it in the summer and often think about trying to buy it back.