• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 bigcountryguy OFFLINE  

bigcountryguy
  • Member No: 10053
  • 2 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted June 01, 2012 - 01:04 AM

try lookin on old junk forklifts for an orbital valve, i have found a bunch of them, just nothin to use them on
  • joemama said thank you

#32 joemama OFFLINE  

joemama

• Member No: 8577
  • 13 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted June 01, 2012 - 07:47 AM

Thanks big country, I have been keepin my eyes open for forklifts and zero turn mowers and specific deere john models, just haven't had any luck yet

#33 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 09:03 PM

looks good
  • joemama said thank you

#34 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 04:36 AM

Wow, this is a cool project. I kinda like the blue/yellow paint sceme...
  • joemama said thank you

#35 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted August 29, 2012 - 09:26 PM

Do the 16" tires mess up your ratio?

My latest project. This was a craigslist score out of Boston for 300 I wish I had taken pics before I pulled the rear tins off. I mounted 7.00-16s on the rear and I plan on building new spindles, pushing the front end out about 3 inches and mounting 5.00-12s on the front. And hopefully someday a bucket loader attachment....

My latest project. This was a craigslist score out of Boston for 300 I wish I had taken pics before I pulled the rear tins off. I mounted 7.00-16s on the rear and I plan on building new spindles, pushing the front end out about 3 inches and mounting 5.00-12s on the front. And hopefully someday a bucket loader attachment....

Do the 16 inch rear tires mess up your gear ratios? Or, maybe you want it faster... just wonderin'

#36 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted August 29, 2012 - 09:29 PM

That's what I'm talking about!!! I've been thinking of doing the same thing on my Power King (if I don't sell it first)... I got a line on some new surplus AO32 engines cheap... just no starters.... any idea how expensive it is to put a starter on them and what's involved?

Good work there.
  • joemama said thank you

#37 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted August 29, 2012 - 09:35 PM

updates straight from the pit of despair..... More colors for you to feast your eyes on :laughingteeth:

I know it will be dependable being mil spec but I only hope it has enough power

updates straight from the pit of despair..... More colors for you to feast your eyes on :laughingteeth:

I know it will be dependable being mil spec but I only hope it has enough power

I've been searching some forums on that same engine. It's 32 cubic inches with a close to square bore and stroke. That works out to about 520 cc's. There is a restrictor plate on the carburetor which keeps the power low... remove the restrictor plate, maybe a little bigger carb and free flowing exhaust and you'll get 18 hp. Some of these are tweaked and get close to 30 hp--but don't know what kind of durability you'd get.

Steve
  • joemama said thank you

#38 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,673 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 07:10 AM

Some of those photos show the frame well. Those flat plate frame rails don't look like they have enough cross bracing.
  • joemama said thank you

#39 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 11:09 AM

Looks like the thread has gone idle. But it was the first time I'd seen it, too.
This is a very cool project.
Eventually he's going to have to break down and install a seat, though.
  • joemama said thank you

#40 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • Member No: 10128
  • 195 Thanks
  • 424 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 08:44 AM

Me too. Wow that's a huge engine! :)
  • joemama said thank you

#41 joemama OFFLINE  

joemama

• 13 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 04:55 PM

yeah the thread did kinda die LOL I have on going internet issues. The project has been stuck on the back burner for lack of funds I can't find the parts I need cheap enough to make the project keep moving

#42 joemama OFFLINE  

joemama

• 13 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 05:02 PM

I've been searching some forums on that same engine. It's 32 cubic inches with a close to square bore and stroke. That works out to about 520 cc's. There is a restrictor plate on the carburetor which keeps the power low... remove the restrictor plate, maybe a little bigger carb and free flowing exhaust and you'll get 18 hp. Some of these are tweaked and get close to 30 hp--but don't know what kind of durability you'd get.

Steve

Every one on the net keeps talking about this restrictor plate?... they don't have them... far as I can see... it has an intake that you can't even get you pinky finger into and a carb with a ventury that's half again that size. the carb that came off of the kohler that was on this tractor is easly 2x or 3x bigger in comparison.

#43 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 05:06 PM

I have a genset with that same engine on it. I have been thinking about building a tractor around it.

#44 joemama OFFLINE  

joemama

• 13 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 05:07 PM

That's what I'm talking about!!! I've been thinking of doing the same thing on my Power King (if I don't sell it first)... I got a line on some new surplus AO32 engines cheap... just no starters.... any idea how expensive it is to put a starter on them and what's involved?

Good work there.

They take a bosch style starter. From what I understand, bmw 350i I believe has a starter that works. You can run a starter/gen from and old kohler or wisconsin also it makes the swap easier if your machine already runs one.

#45 joemama OFFLINE  

joemama

• 13 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 05:11 PM

Some of those photos show the frame well. Those flat plate frame rails don't look like they have enough cross bracing.

The frame is very flimsy the only cross member in the frame is the mount for the axle. All the other junk... fenders and covers and stuff is what stiffens the frame. That was a definite issue that I was going to fix.