11017 replies to this topic

#10921 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• Member No: 45293
  • 2,012 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted April 21, 2018 - 06:11 PM

Spoke too soon on the pressure washer.  Engine runs like new, but after washing the BX, and then getting 95% done with the RTV, the pump gave out.  It was still leaking from places it shouldn't have, so I figured life was short, but hoped to finish.  Oh well, I'll get a new pump unit.  Less than $100, some only $62, but I have to be double sure of mount hole measurements.

Well, you know someone who makes adapter plates real cheap!

• olcowhand, Craig. and dropped82 have said thanks

#10922 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted April 21, 2018 - 08:49 PM

I found a pump that's made for this engine.  Actually I'm using a different engine too.  Old engine is vertical, and I have a nearly new horizontal I'm gonna mount up.  Much easier hooking up hoses to a horizontal outfit.  Plus the crank on the old was 7/8", and horizontal engine is 3/4".  Much better pump choices with 3/4".

• Craig., KennyP and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#10923 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,196 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted April 21, 2018 - 08:53 PM

Hmmm? Need some fresh beef?

:thumbs: 

• KennyP said thank you

#10924 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted April 22, 2018 - 08:54 AM

Between my neck and shoulders, and then all this congestion breaking loose, I didn't to sleep at all till 3:30am, and then only intermittent sleep till 5:30.   Likely won't be a very productive day.  Clint is coming after his wife's self propelled mower this morning.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#10925 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,960 Thanks
  • 47,139 posts

Posted April 22, 2018 - 09:10 AM

Might be a good day for an afternoon nap!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#10926 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted April 22, 2018 - 04:13 PM

Haven't done much today....just too tired.  Clint came and picked up his mower, and left another.  I told him when he asked what he owed me for the 1st one, and I said "no charge", but he wouldn't have that.  Got a $20 bill, so lunch money! This one is a high wheel push mower with a broken starter rope.  When I took the cover off I found it packed with a mouse nest, and the deceased mouse.

20180422_1424471.jpg

The shroud was all busted up at the head bolt mounts, so I'll need to wire weld a piece over it.  When I go for my Dr appointment, I'll pick up a new rope.  Appointment made was for Tuesday, but I got a cell phone confirmation for tomorrow at 10am.  I will call them when they open first thing in the morning to be sure which day is really my appointment.

I took the crankcase cover off the 6.5hp horizontal Briggs that I'll be using for a pressure washer just to check everything.  Got it all flushed clean, and all looks like new inside.  The muffler still has all the paint on it.  It came from an auction where I bought a trailer load of stuff.  The governor wasn't working right, but once I took all the covers off I found the idle tang was bent, holding it at a higher than idle speed.  I bought a 3100psi pump for just $80.  The vertical engine that was on it was a great engine, but the hose connections underneath were aggravating to use.  Now all will be up high, easy to get to.  Also, I could only find a pump that maxes at 2600psi for it due to the 7/8" shaft.  Most pumps are 3/4" or 1".    This horizontal engine's fuel tank holds more gas, so longer run time.  The other would empty a tank in just a little bit.

I also mowed my whole place, except for the roadside north.  This Kubota F3060 continues to amaze me!  And Cecil, who bought my best John deere F935 stopped by yesterday needing a metal bracket welded.  He said he'll never part with it after mowing the 1st time!  It was an awesome mower for sure, but the Kubota trumps it.

And the big front tire for the Massey 2745 has dropped 3 pounds of air pressure.  Might be due to temps cooler in the shop, but might have to take it to get the leak fixed.  I could take the tire off the rim, but wouldn't be smart for me to do.

Come tomorrow, or the next day, depending on Dr appointment actual day, I'll be taking my BX out to smooth a place in the shed for the table to hold coffee & such, and the serving line for Saturday plow day lunch.  I have barely enough gravel in my pile to take out with the Massey 362's bucket to make a decent place.  Seems it's always awfully windy out in the large open shed, so want to put it in the house side shed for wind protection.  Now watch the winds shift from the north instead of up from the south! 

• Craig., KennyP and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#10927 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 5,178 Thanks
  • 2,256 posts

Posted April 22, 2018 - 08:50 PM

Now watch the winds shift from the north instead of up from the south! 

"Murphy's Law"   :wallbanging: 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#10928 dropped82 OFFLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• Member No: 9923
  • 2,742 Thanks
  • 1,906 posts

Posted April 22, 2018 - 08:55 PM

Haven't done much today....just too tired. Clint came and picked up his mower, and left another. I told him when he asked what he owed me for the 1st one, and I said "no charge", but he wouldn't have that. Got a $20 bill, so lunch money! This one is a high wheel push mower with a broken starter rope. When I took the cover off I found it packed with a mouse nest, and the deceased mouse.

attachicon.gif20180422_1424471.jpg

The shroud was all busted up at the head bolt mounts, so I'll need to wire weld a piece over it. When I go for my Dr appointment, I'll pick up a new rope. Appointment made was for Tuesday, but I got a cell phone confirmation for tomorrow at 10am. I will call them when they open first thing in the morning to be sure which day is really my appointment.
I took the crankcase cover off the 6.5hp horizontal Briggs that I'll be using for a pressure washer just to check everything. Got it all flushed clean, and all looks like new inside. The muffler still has all the paint on it. It came from an auction where I bought a trailer load of stuff. The governor wasn't working right, but once I took all the covers off I found the idle tang was bent, holding it at a higher than idle speed. I bought a 3100psi pump for just $80. The vertical engine that was on it was a great engine, but the hose connections underneath were aggravating to use. Now all will be up high, easy to get to. Also, I could only find a pump that maxes at 2600psi for it due to the 7/8" shaft. Most pumps are 3/4" or 1". This horizontal engine's fuel tank holds more gas, so longer run time. The other would empty a tank in just a little bit.
I also mowed my whole place, except for the roadside north. This Kubota F3060 continues to amaze me! And Cecil, who bought my best John deere F935 stopped by yesterday needing a metal bracket welded. He said he'll never part with it after mowing the 1st time! It was an awesome mower for sure, but the Kubota trumps it.
And the big front tire for the Massey 2745 has dropped 3 pounds of air pressure. Might be due to temps cooler in the shop, but might have to take it to get the leak fixed. I could take the tire off the rim, but wouldn't be smart for me to do.
Come tomorrow, or the next day, depending on Dr appointment actual day, I'll be taking my BX out to smooth a place in the shed for the table to hold coffee & such, and the serving line for Saturday plow day lunch. I have barely enough gravel in my pile to take out with the Massey 362's bucket to make a decent place. Seems it's always awfully windy out in the large open shed, so want to put it in the house side shed for wind protection. Now watch the winds shift from the north instead of up from the south!

I'm almost sure we had that all figured out last year while dodging rain. That and all the world's issues were solved.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  • olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#10929 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted April 23, 2018 - 12:37 PM

Ran into a snag putting the new breaker box out at Dad's to run the welder.  I didn't know till I got into the fuse box that there was only 110 running to it, having only one leg coming off the wires to the wellhouse next to the barn.   But the well has been abandoned, and it was connected to both legs.  So I cut the power out to the well and barn, then cut the tri-plex from the wellhouse, and then ran the triplex inside the barn to the new breaker box.  My shoulders started giving me fits of pain, and I kept dropping everything I tried holding onto, so time to quit, even though I do have a light fixture wire to run yet.  Tomorrow will be most of the day at the Dr, and running much needed errands.  Wednesday & Thursday will be ultra busy trying to get set for plow days. 

I wish I had time & money to have a gravel truck lay a good pad of gravel out next to the barn, but won't happen this year.  It's a bit muddy right now, but it should dry a lot before plow day, or at least I hope it does.  Last year it was a mess, maybe the year before too....I forget.  But I can't gravel the fields, and that's where trucks have to park, so it will be what it will be.  The grassy areas are wet & soft almost all year, so I can't allow parking in there or it'll tear the place up.

As much as I enjoy plow days, it is a relief when it has taken place.  If I could just get things set up in a more permanent fashion, then it would make it SO much easier putting on this event.

• Craig., KennyP, SupplySergeant and 1 other said thanks

#10930 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted April 24, 2018 - 04:20 PM

Nothing much left of the day by the time I done the errands after my Dr appointment.  My blood INR was on the high side due to my being on antibiotics, but still just inside the max range.  Take the last amoxicillin "horse" pill today.  The pill is huge!  While sitting in the waiting room to be called back, a guy came in to sign in.  I thought...could that be Joe, a former neighbor?  But he was half his former self, which is good, as he was obese bad, but I saw him last year and he was still big.  When he turned to sit down, then I knew it was him, especially since I could tell he knew me.  I asked what had happened, and he almost died January from clogged arteries, and had emergency open heart surgery.  He's been having stomach issues ever since, and lost a ton of weight.  He sure looks better, but he isn't feeling so good, even though it circulatory system is fine now.   They can't figure out his new problem just yet.

Tomorrow will be plow day readying.  Lots to do, but I'll get it done.  Have just enough gravel to lay a thin pad where we will serve the lunch Saturday.  One light to wire, and move some equipment around in the big shed.  

• Craig., KennyP, CRFarnsworth and 3 others have said thanks

#10931 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted April 25, 2018 - 09:24 PM

Just got in the house, and I'm wiped out!  After going after the porta-pot for plow days, I mowed everything here at my place, then my hay guy needed to use my 2 post car lift to work on his truck.  I helped him, pretty much just holding the light, but that's about all I had left in me to do anyways.  Calling it a day.  Tomorrow has lots going on, then 2 plow days.  Come Saturday night I will truly be completely and totally exhausted.  It'll be worth it though, but will take a couple days at least to recover.

• Craig., KennyP, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#10932 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 7,304 Thanks
  • 6,387 posts

Posted April 25, 2018 - 11:22 PM

Did the guy ever come and get his cows?

#10933 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted April 25, 2018 - 11:48 PM

Did the guy ever come and get his cows?

No, but soon as I get plow days behind me, they get corralled and they will be leaving.

• Craig., KennyP and Cvans have said thanks

#10934 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted April 25, 2018 - 11:51 PM

And if you're wondering why I'm still up when I was saying how worn out I was....I am way past worn out, but I can' find that magical (mythical) sweet spot where my neck quits hurting so I can fall asleep.  :wallbanging:

#10935 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,196 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted April 26, 2018 - 05:47 AM

R U Up?