10539 replies to this topic

#10426 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 9,855 Thanks
  • 5,950 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 07:54 PM

When you said pallet jack I was thinking a pallet jack that you manualy jack up.

I was wondering how you were going to mount that to your kubota!

That thing has some good forks on it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#10427 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 08:04 PM

Looks handier than a pocket on a shirt.

I see HF Tools has China made ones for $80. Been wondering if I'd get along good with one.  Sometimes when switching 3 PT implements I'm totally spent by the time I'm done and must go inside to sit in the air-co for a spell to catch my breath. 

I totally understand now why dad had a tractor for every implement when I was growing up so he didn't have to switch them out.

You got that right, it'll wear me smack out sometimes!  I'm not out of breath, but out of strength or not able to take the pain.  I'll need to build some jack stands to stay attached to each attachment so I won't be hunting them down every time.  Just pull a pin to drop & re-pin.  Man am I getting a lot of projects going!  But I'd rather keep busy doing what I can rather than being bored to death.  I can still do a lot, but I have to do everything safer, and take breaks often.  My neck has been aching worse lately, so wearing my soft neck brace more.  I am proud of myself for finally quitting lifting anything even close to feeling heavy.   If I hadn't learned, I'd have been in way worse shape and fast!  For a while there I was feeling like 1/2 a man at best, but I'm realizing that's not true at all, and it's just that things are different, and I have to adjust if I want to stay viable.

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#10428 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 08:06 PM

When you said pallet jack I was thinking a pallet jack that you manualy jack up.

I was wondering how you were going to mount that to your kubota!

That thing has some good forks on it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I knew I wasn't naming it right, but I couldn't remember the name.  Then I remembered I had one like it saved on "My Ebay" and looked it up.  Olcowhand with Ole-brain! LOL

• Craig., KennyP and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#10429 EricR ONLINE  

EricR
  • Member No: 9495
  • 695 Thanks
  • 418 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 08:44 PM

Daniel, keep the pics coming as you build the forks, I have one fork and going to get another to do the same as you so you can do the hard work and I can copy you, LOL.....

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#10430 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 08:54 PM

Daniel, keep the pics coming as you build the forks, I have one fork and going to get another to do the same as you so you can do the hard work and I can copy you, LOL.....

Will do Eric!  It'll be a week or more before I get the steel, so stay tuned.  :D

• Craig., KennyP, EricR and 1 other said thanks

#10431 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,886 Thanks
  • 3,410 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 06:27 AM

Dan, does your Kubota have a quick hitch on the front?
  • Craig. said thank you

#10432 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 10:53 AM

Dan, does your Kubota have a quick hitch on the front?

Yes.

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#10433 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,886 Thanks
  • 3,410 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 12:03 PM

https://www.palletfo...uBoCQ74QAvD_BwE
These are pretty cost friendly.
  • olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#10434 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 12:16 PM

My quick attach isn't a skidsteer type, so I'd have to do a lot of altering to make that fit.   Plus with freight, that one would likely be over $600.  I'll have around $350 in mine, using the mobile pallet stacker, and still have a hydraulic system from it, and a working battery charger.  I'll kinda enjoy building it as well.

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#10435 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 12:38 PM

This sounds interesting, Daniel! Take lots of pics! Get some close-ups of the rear hitch too! I may try to build one for Alice.

• Craig. said thank you

#10436 Texas Deere and Horse ONLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,796 Thanks
  • 15,495 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 12:46 PM

Already salvaging the hydraulic pallet jack stacker to build one as in post above.  These forks are over 1" thick and solid steel, so will be way stronger than needed, with no fear of bending or breaking.  The stacker is rated at 1,500 pounds.  The rated lift for pallet forks on my Kubota is just 310 pounds.

Below is a rep pic of the exact one I bought a while back for $300.  Mine looks nowhere near as good as this one, and had been outside for a few years, but the hydraulic power pack works like new, and cylinder ram is in perfect condition. 

attachicon.gifstacker.jpg

I'm thinking I may take the power pack and cylinder to make me a swinging lift to bolt onto my trailer for lifting heavy objects in and out of the trailer.  No more than I'd use it, I'd just run it off my battery jump starter box.  Sure would be handy when away from home and needing to lift heavy stuff.  Another way to work smarter & safer.

Man, I'd love to find one of those, it would be so handy in my home shop. You've really got a lot going on around the shop, glad to see you able to keep so busy and working smarter like you are.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#10437 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 04:55 PM

I thought it would take longer, but my Massey parts may come in tomorrow.  But it's supposed to be rainy most of the day, so I may go get them Thursday, and pick up the steel.  Hoping to be working on the pallet fork assembly come Friday.  Got my welding table and chop saw brought to the new shop today using the Kubota's loader.  Most of my cutting will be done with the plasma cutter.   

My waste oil furnace oil pump was making weird sounds lately, so checked it out today.   I oiled the little motor and gearbox shafts, but it didn't go away.  Figuring the sound was coming from inside the gearbox, I drilled a tiny hole in the top, then shot in aerosol white grease.  All quiet now!  

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#10438 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,950 Thanks
  • 5,667 posts

Posted February 07, 2018 - 10:30 AM

I thought it would take longer, but my Massey parts may come in tomorrow.  But it's supposed to be rainy most of the day, so I may go get them Thursday, and pick up the steel.  Hoping to be working on the pallet fork assembly come Friday.  Got my welding table and chop saw brought to the new shop today using the Kubota's loader.  Most of my cutting will be done with the plasma cutter.   

My waste oil furnace oil pump was making weird sounds lately, so checked it out today.   I oiled the little motor and gearbox shafts, but it didn't go away.  Figuring the sound was coming from inside the gearbox, I drilled a tiny hole in the top, then shot in aerosol white grease.  All quiet now!  

We got 2-3" of snow this morning, lucky you are getting rain

I had to replace the oil pump on my furnace a couple weekends ago, it would run for 10 secs then squeal and kick out. When I removed it, the inside was full of sludge so it was starved for lubrication. I can imagine my furnace was possibly burning lean too if pump was clogged up. I'll get tank filters replaced and furnace serviced sometime this summer as it's running okay now.

• olcowhand, Craig. and Cvans have said thanks

#10439 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted February 07, 2018 - 05:16 PM

Back, neck, and left shoulder hurting a lot today, but had several errands to do in town.  Stopped by S-States and dropped off the kerosene heater and picked up another fence box for repair.  Got repaid for the 2 heater wicks, and a pack of special fuses for fence boxes, all I ordered online.  Hung out with the guys a while.  Was nice to see them all.  Nathan kept asking if I was coming back to work the spring season.  I told him it wasn't looking like it.  I would some day like to work 2, maybe 3 days a week if I could do light work, but working there it's likely that would never work out, as you have to do most everything when you work there.

Them having access to my plasma cutter must have paid off, as since my leaving, they are discussing getting either a Thermal Dynamics like mine, Miller or a Hypotherm unit.  They did purchase all my cordless tools  from me when I left.

Once home,  I took some pain meds (don't like driving at all while on them) then I found my weld-on hooks had arrived, so I got them welded up, holes drilled, painted, and mounted on my Kubota bucket.  The pic makes the hooks appear spaced wrong, but just appears that way.  The hooks are called 1/4", but will accept a 5/16" chain as well.  The space inside the hook actually measures nearly 3/8".

20180207_1513251.jpg 20180207_1527201.jpg

Then I decided to cut a full 6" out of the ROPS bar.  Got it finished welding back up, smoothed the welds, and got some scratch filler applied.  Tomorrow or the next day I'll prime, sand smooth again, then paint.  I may be gone most of the day tomorrow getting Massey parts, and steel for the Pallet fork attachment build.

20180207_1634301.jpg

• Alc, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 6 others have said thanks

#10440 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 01:57 PM

Picked up my 5 sets of hood 1/4 turn hold downs for my Massey 362 farm tractor.  There are 4 parts to each hold down.  Over $130 for them, and I about fell over!

Oh well, had to have them or the hood will eventually fall off. 

I also picked up 20' of 1/2" x 3" flat steel for the pallet fork frame build.   That was just over $50.  Won't be starting on that today though, as a neighbor's Mom passed away, and visitation begins at 5.  Knew her for many many years.  She was 84.  

Don't really feel like starting the project today anyway, as my neck is killing me.  I may get the ROPS bar painted today though.

• Alc, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks