• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted February 04, 2018 - 06:13 PM

Larry, I just looked up the specs, and my ROPS bar is 87.2" from the ground! 

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#10412 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted February 04, 2018 - 06:19 PM

Teresa and I are going to my Massey/Kubota dealer tomorrow for some hood retainers for my Massey 362  (hood flopping loose on one side).  While there I'm picking up a can of Kubota orange and the dark grey so I can paint the hooks orange, and paint where I will be shortening the ROPS, which I have definitely decided to shorten.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#10413 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,949 Thanks
  • 47,132 posts

Posted February 04, 2018 - 06:38 PM

Larry, I just looked up the specs, and my ROPS bar is 87.2" from the ground! 

That's way up there looking at the pic you posted. Looks as tall as the bigger tractors next to it.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#10414 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted February 04, 2018 - 06:59 PM

That's way up there looking at the pic you posted. Looks as tall as the bigger tractors next to it.

An older full size 40HP L3250 is only 80.7" tall at the ROPS.  

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#10415 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 10,490 Thanks
  • 5,096 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 10:24 AM

When I win the lottery a Kubota like that is on my list.

• olcowhand, massey driver, Gtractor and 2 others have said thanks

#10416 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 10:32 AM

When I win the lottery a Kubota like that is on my list.

Lorna, I didn't have the money to buy one outright either, so I have 4 more years of payments, zero interest.  I just figured if I didn't get one when I did, I'd never have one.  I'm glad I pulled the trigger though, as it really helps make life easier....and more pleasurable!

• massey driver, Gtractor, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#10417 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 01:47 PM

I didn't mention that I have a real issue with turning my head. I can only get my chin about half way around to my shoulder, either way.  Makes it real hard to see behind me. Guess I need mirrors on my glasses!

https://www.google.c...1.0.gaYk5kyZeHw

Lots of choices. lol

• KennyP said thank you

#10418 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 03:15 PM

Well, tractor dealer didn't have any of my Massey 362  1/4 turn hold downs, so ordered them.  No orange Kubota paint, so will pick up later.  Then big surprise on the pallet forks....advertised price was forks only....thought it cheap.  He was surprised too, as the total pallet fork package was over a grand!  So no factory set for me!  I will make my own when I feel up to it.  But I did spy a nice attachment for my tractor and brought it home.  A 3 point quick attach.  Last year it was mighty hard getting the rock rake, and tiller hooked up, as I can't lift and tug like I used to, so I thought it smart to get it.

20180205_1501281.jpg

Soon as we left out from home, Teresa said "where's my purse" when she got in the car.  The house keys were in it, and purse in the house, all locked up!  No window unlocked either.  So we left out, and she got hold of our daughter Kaylin to get her to come unlock it with her key.  She's in class 25 miles away till after 5 today.  So I stopped at Lowes and bought a new doorknob set.  My shop keys were in the house too, but luckily I had a drill in the old shop, and drill bits.  Drilled out the lock and got right in.  The old knob was finicky anyway, so we upgraded to a much better unit.

Shoulders and neck really started hurting as we were out, but I won't take anything when I'm driving.  I can now though.  

Back to pallet forks.  I bought a hydraulic pallet jack a while back intending to raid it to build a pallet fork attachment, but had decided against it, as it worked perfectly and thought I might spiff it up and resell for a profit.  That is changed now after finding out the true price of a ready built unit.  So it'll get parted out and I'll be able to make the attachment for very little more money.  I "may" have to buy $25 or so in metal if I can't dig up what all I need here.  I did stop and got 10lb of welding rod while I was out, as I'm very low.

#10419 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 40,949 Thanks
  • 47,132 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 03:44 PM

So you are going to take the bucket off to mount the forks?

#10420 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 04:14 PM

So you are going to take the bucket off to mount the forks?

Yes, they make bucket extension forks, but that puts the load a lot further out and I don't want that.  I already have a quick attach on the loader.  I'll just have to make brackets on the pallet fork assembly to match.

#10421 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 40,949 Thanks
  • 47,132 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 04:37 PM

Yes, they make bucket extension forks, but that puts the load a lot further out and I don't want that.  I already have a quick attach on the loader.  I'll just have to make brackets on the pallet fork assembly to match.

:thumbs: Didn't know you had the QA on the loader also. 

#10422 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 10,894 Thanks
  • 6,369 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 07:23 PM

I wonder if you could find a set of skid steer forks on Craigslist and modify those.

#10423 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 07:35 PM

Got the rear QA mounted this evening.  I'm really going to like it.  Might save me injury as well from not having to tug on implements.

20180205_1808501.jpg

I also slid the forks off the pallet jack using a crowbar (forgot to take pics), then used my cherry picker to lift the fork frame from it.  It's only around 40-ish pounds, but lifting that much above my waste is a no no now, and this thing was over 5' tall.  When my Massey hood keepers come in, I'll take my trailer with me, as my steel supply is just before the tractor dealer.  I gotta get a 20' section of 1/2" x 3 1/2" (or 4") to extend the current fork frame, reinforce it length wise, and to cut out the mount bracketry from it.    Won't take all the 20', but close enough to just get the whole stick.  I'll have them cut it in half to fit in the trailer.  Tomorrow I'll use the Kubota loader to bring my welder table from the old shop to the new shop so I can get ready to start this project.  This is one of those times I'll be so happy I bought a plasma cutter years ago.  Once I get the pallet fork built, I'll have around a third or less the cost of pre-built.   :thumbs:

• Gtractor, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#10424 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 07:51 PM

I wonder if you could find a set of skid steer forks on Craigslist and modify those.

Already salvaging the hydraulic pallet jack stacker to build one as in post above.  These forks are over 1" thick and solid steel, so will be way stronger than needed, with no fear of bending or breaking.  The stacker is rated at 1,500 pounds.  The rated lift for pallet forks on my Kubota is just 310 pounds.

Below is a rep pic of the exact one I bought a while back for $300.  Mine looks nowhere near as good as this one, and had been outside for a few years, but the hydraulic power pack works like new, and cylinder ram is in perfect condition. 

stacker.jpg

I'm thinking I may take the power pack and cylinder to make me a swinging lift to bolt onto my trailer for lifting heavy objects in and out of the trailer.  No more than I'd use it, I'd just run it off my battery jump starter box.  Sure would be handy when away from home and needing to lift heavy stuff.  Another way to work smarter & safer.

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#10425 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

the homeless tractor hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 9,797 Thanks
  • 5,095 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 07:52 PM

Looks handier than a pocket on a shirt.

I see HF Tools has China made ones for $80. Been wondering if I'd get along good with one.  Sometimes when switching 3 PT implements I'm totally spent by the time I'm done and must go inside to sit in the air-co for a spell to catch my breath. 

I totally understand now why dad had a tractor for every implement when I was growing up so he didn't have to switch them out.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks