11017 replies to this topic

#10396 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• Member No: 45293
  • 2,013 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted February 03, 2018 - 10:14 AM

You've got ours from Harrodsburg, Craig.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#10397 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,513 Thanks
  • 1,599 posts

Posted February 03, 2018 - 11:19 AM

You've got my well wishes and prayers for her .

#10398 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 7,308 Thanks
  • 6,392 posts

Posted February 03, 2018 - 11:30 AM

Praying that God gives your family the strength to overcome this trial. 

#10399 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,196 Thanks
  • 945 posts

Posted February 03, 2018 - 01:43 PM

Thank you all
  • olcowhand said thank you

#10400 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 1,298 Thanks
  • 945 posts

Posted February 03, 2018 - 02:15 PM

I didn't mention that I have a real issue with turning my head. I can only get my chin about half way around to my shoulder, either way.  Makes it real hard to see behind me. Guess I need mirrors on my glasses!

Used to see people riding bicycles with mirrors on their glasses. Might check a bicycle shop for them.

For mirror on the GTs you could add a bar and use older motorcycle mirrors.

Craig we will keep Wendy in our thoughts.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#10401 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,889 Thanks
  • 15,514 posts

Posted February 03, 2018 - 02:31 PM

Hey guys I'd like to ask for prayers for my daughter-in-law, mother of my twin grandbabies, whom some of you met at Daniels plow day 2yrs ago. Her cancer has now spread from stomic through to her intestents and not looking good. Please say a prayer for her, she's 32yr old, married to my oldest son Craig. Thank you.

Craig,

So sorry to here this. PRAYING for a Complete Healing in JESUS NAME!

I hope the Dr can get a handle on this, I had stage 3 and I've been cancer free for over 3 yrs now.
  • olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#10402 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,988 Thanks
  • 47,152 posts

Posted February 03, 2018 - 03:59 PM

Craig, you folks have my prayers.

• olcowhand, Craig. and Austen have said thanks

#10403 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 42,900 Thanks
  • 31,942 posts

Posted February 03, 2018 - 07:12 PM

Took me quite a while today, taking frequent breaks, but I finally got the 50 sheets of 22' long old shed roofing off my 16' trailer today.  It was parked inside our oldest freestalls, so I slid one at a time over onto the top of the freestall loops.  Not heavy the way I slid them, but still has me sore.  Now that the trailer is empty, I can haul metal to the scrap yard.  I have that pile of metal milking stall pipe I need to get cleaned up before spring so I can mow there.  I'll wire up 2x12's to the inside of my trailer to prevent anything slipping out.   I don't have any forks yet for my Kubota, so I'll get my little diesel Massey out to load the scrap with it's pitch fork attachment on it's loader.  I'm for sure not attempting loading all that stuff by hand.  I have quite a lot of steel to scrap out including 4 small feed bins.  Before pulling them down, one needs to have feed gotten out of it.  It's a good bin, but the other 3 have braces from them holding up all the auger tubes, so to get the feed out, I need to do that before taking those bad bins down.  Plus my Hough loader needs the fuel tank cleaned out before I can load the bins onto my trailer, but then the Massey 362's loader with hay fork might do the job just fine.  I also have an old Jeep Grand Cherokee I kept for parts that can get gone now, as Kaylin is selling her Jeep.  I can get quite a bit of money from all this to help out till I can get my disability approved.   Without machines to do all this, I'd never get this stuff salvaged.  My saving grace is I can take my sweet time and do it  little at a time and not push myself.  When I get some scrap sold, I plan to just buy a set of Kubota pallet forks instead of building a set.  

Today I also went around with 2 battery chargers, and topped off batteries on tractors & such.  I still have a few more to go before having them all fully charged.  Most only took an hour or 2 to get fully charged.  I do this a few times during winter to keep batteries from draining to the point of damaging them.  Sure does extend their life.

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#10404 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 10,274 Thanks
  • 3,336 posts

Posted February 03, 2018 - 07:40 PM

Used to see people riding bicycles with mirrors on their glasses. Might check a bicycle shop for them.

For mirror on the GTs you could add a bar and use older motorcycle mirrors.

I use a bicycle mirror on my 1050 that I use for snow blowing - it works quite well for seeing if I am getting close to something behind me and is easy on the neck.  Not the best for long distance viewing as it vibrates a little bit and makes the reflection a little smaller but is still handy as vehicles get close to you from behind.  Got a little overspray on the back once upon a time - made a small bracket that bolts onto the side of the tractor to hold the arm.

Craig - prayers sent.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1050 With Mirror 1.jpg
  • 1050 With Mirror 2.jpg
  • 1050 With Mirror 3.jpg

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#10405 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 10,927 Thanks
  • 6,384 posts

Posted February 03, 2018 - 08:58 PM

I wonder if you added a little rubber grommet into your mount if it would help with vibration.

#10406 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,900 Thanks
  • 31,942 posts

Posted February 04, 2018 - 11:51 AM

The only thing I "might" do later today is to put the wick in the 2nd kerosene heater for S-States that arrived yesterday.  It's wet and cold, so not condusive to working outside.  Being sore doesn't help.  I cannot wait till warmer weather.

One thing in my future plans is to shorten the ROPS bar on the Kubota.  The thing is way too high, and just barely clears a std garage door height, and to park in the shed behind my house, there is maybe 1/4" clearance.  Kubota noticed this too, and I read that subsequent models had ROPS bars 3" lower for these size tractors, as they more often than not are parked in std garages.  I may go 6" lower, as it will still be several inches over my head height.  Don't worry, as it'll be welded back plenty strong!

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#10407 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,900 Thanks
  • 31,942 posts

Posted February 04, 2018 - 04:23 PM

Got the kerosene heater finished, then tinkered a bit making my loader bucket hook brackets for the Kubota.  I decide to make them bolt on instead of welding direct.  The front lip of the top of the bucket is over an inch high, so I tack welded some 7/8" solid stock onto 1/4".  Got the mounting holes drilled, but waiting till I get the weld on hooks before drilling to make sure exactly how I want to place them.  Using 3/8" grade 5 bolts.

After measuring for height of the ROPS bar when seat is reversed for using the backhoe, I've decided to only go 4" shorter if I ever decide for sure to shorten it.

Not much accomplished today, but more than I thought I'd do considering my neck is being a pain.

20180204_1543031.jpg 20180204_1543091.jpg

• Craig., KennyP, EricR and 1 other said thanks

#10408 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 14,376 Thanks
  • 10,145 posts

Posted February 04, 2018 - 05:44 PM

After measuring for height of the ROPS bar when seat is reversed for using the backhoe, I've decided to only go 4" shorter if I ever decide for sure to shorten it.

Have you considered making it into a folding ROPS?

P6270001.JPG BX25D_Foldable_Rops.jpg

#10409 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 42,900 Thanks
  • 31,942 posts

Posted February 04, 2018 - 06:09 PM

Have you considered making it into a folding ROPS?

attachicon.gifP6270001.JPGattachicon.gifBX25D_Foldable_Rops.jpg

It does fold, but it hurts me to lift the thing.   Anything overhead brings a painful stinging.   The tractor in pic below with the plastic pail in the bucket is identical to my tractor.  Where it folds is real low, so when folded down it is sticking back quite in the way, and gives no protection at all.  So I want it lower so it can just stay up all the time, yet low enough to get into all my buildings without hitting.  It started raining on me a while back, so I drove into one of the freestall areas.  I forgot about it sticking up so high, and it scrubbed the barn.  It startled me, but didn't hurt anything.  This is a spot we drove a Massey 175 tractor under easily with no danger hitting our head.  The ROPS on this model of Kubota are just too darned tall! 

BX.jpg

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#10410 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,513 Thanks
  • 1,599 posts

Posted February 04, 2018 - 06:09 PM

Just read about the backhoe. I don't have the backhoe. I know with mine I shortened it so that from the floor to the top of the ROPS ended up being 73" I also angled it back a bit so that it wasn't straight up. I cut the lower part just above the light mounds and had to repostion the triangle bracket a bit higher. I can't remeber how much I cut it down by. I did the cutting and welding on the lower portion so that if I ever want or need to I can just buy the lower half or the folding ROPS to put it back to factory. Mine too is welded up plenty strong. I also wanted it lowered so that it sits inside the cab.

Edited by massey driver, February 04, 2018 - 06:11 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks