• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted January 14, 2018 - 12:13 AM

OK Daniel you've pictured them twice now so I have to ask, what are you going to do with all the new in the box Briggs engines? 

I bought them at an auction.  Brand new 10hp Briggs w/6 to 1 reduction, electric start and charging circuit.  On a pallet with other stuff I bought.  No plans as yet, but hoping to sell them to a brick layer to run a mortar mixer or the like.

• Craig., KennyP and Cvans have said thanks

#10292 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted January 14, 2018 - 01:39 AM

Craps...not able to sleep, and not much going on here.  Guess I'll go give sleep another try.

• Craig., KennyP and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#10293 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,793 Thanks
  • 1,003 posts

Posted January 14, 2018 - 01:59 AM

Wide awake here, too. Too much time off, with weather keeping me stuck inside!

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#10294 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,636 Thanks
  • 6,125 posts

Posted January 14, 2018 - 10:54 AM

Melatonin. The stuff works for when you can't sleep.  :thumbs:

• olcowhand, Alc, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#10295 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted January 14, 2018 - 12:59 PM

Melatonin. The stuff works for when you can't sleep. :thumbs:

Use it most every night. I've always been somewhat resistant to everything.
  • Craig., KennyP and Cvans have said thanks

#10296 bbuckler ONLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 3,422 Thanks
  • 3,043 posts

Posted January 14, 2018 - 05:41 PM

No plans as yet, but hoping to sell them to a brick layer to run a mortar mixer or the like.

I will ask around I got a few people that comes into the shop that does that kind of work. 

• Craig. said thank you

#10297 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted January 14, 2018 - 06:10 PM

Did some work in the parlor today.  Carried out the 12 glass weigh jars and laid them in freestalls, & unbolted the rest of the cow rub rails.  Also got the stainless steel curbing pried off the top sides of the pit area.  Busted the 2" raised concrete on the one end of the pit.  Luckily it broke off very easily, with a light swing of a 12 pound sledge.   Really not even a swing, just let the weight of the sledge tap it, and it came right off.  Glad it wasn't reinforced with wire! Once the floor is framed & laid, then I'll pour in some concrete to level it nice.  It busted off at an angle, but I'm glad, as it gives more tooth for the new concrete.  There was no way I could get it to break off flush without spending lots of time and money for masonry disc cutters.

James brought more hay for his cattle, but my tractor hadn't been plugged in long enough to fire.  I got it started later and went to feed the hay.  The big bales make my rear tires lose a lot of their traction, so when I went to put the first roll out, the tractor slid a bit in the snow and wouldn't back up without dumping the bale.  It wasn't quite clear of the 2x10 planking at the end of the feeding area, so I had to dump it, hoping it would roll off the boards into the ring.  It didn't!  It crashed right through all three boards.  But I could move the tractor then, so pushed it on in, then chained a gate at the end to keep the cows from escaping.  I am likely doing some timbering soon, so looking forward to the cattle leaving.  To access the woods that haven't been timbered in 40 years, the pasture fence has to be cut.  Come spring all the pasture will be cut for hay anyway, so he has a month or so to leave his cattle, less if the conditions are right for timbering.

Not likely doing anything to the parlor tomorrow.  Have to get to Farm Bureau to pay my farm/home insurance, and to AGAIN tell them to remove cattle insurance.  This will be the 3rd time I've requested the removal.  They still have $120,000 coverage for cows, and it costs me almost $850 per year.  I don't own even 1 cow!  I do plan to add at least 2 of my tractors to insurance, and some other things, so a lot of the cattle coverage savings will go right back on the bill for those items.

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#10298 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 907 Thanks
  • 429 posts

Posted January 15, 2018 - 07:27 AM

That parlor looks A LOT different from the last time that I was in there..........lol

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#10299 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted January 15, 2018 - 05:23 PM

Not much today.  Went and paid my farm/home insurance, then finally got my hair cut.  Last stop was Southern States to drop off 2 repaired fence chargers, and picked up another.  It's an oldie from the 80's, and the owner is one hard to please guy!  I checked into it when I got home, and it had a hole burned through the side of the coil.  I replaced the coil, but very low voltage output.  I think the capacitor is bad, but it's soldered into the circuit board, and I don't have a capacitor like it.  I asked a guy who does these repairs in Missouri if I'm on the right track of it being the capacitor, and awaiting his response.  He's been very nice & helpful to me. 

A little more snow coming in tonight and tomorrow.  I may work in the parlor tomorrow....jury still out on that.  Neck has bothered me more today.  

• Gtractor, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#10300 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,966 Thanks
  • 9,998 posts

Posted January 15, 2018 - 08:45 PM

Quit swinging sledgehammer, ya stubborn #%]+}^]!
  • Gtractor, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#10301 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted January 15, 2018 - 09:00 PM

Quit swinging sledgehammer, ya stubborn #%]+}^]!

I can't swing it in the usual fashion by any means, nor would I try.  I just held it like a pendulum and let it's weight do the work.  Believe me, I could not begin to get a sledge over my head anymore.  I am slowly but surely losing all desire to push myself like I used to.  I'm old enough I don't have to prove anything to myself any longer.

• Craig., Cat385B and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#10302 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted January 16, 2018 - 12:35 AM

Neck didn't allow sleep, so I got up for a while.  Once I'm tired to the bone, then I'll sleep.  Maybe an inch of snow out, and more supposed to come.  Now they have upped it to 3 to 4 inches.  I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow, but I hope those who do have to drive arrive wherever safely.

Hoping my neck feels better tomorrow so I might feel like doing something, but may not no matter how I feel, as it's gonna be cold tomorrow.  I hate to waste heat in the shop or the parlor just to sit & look at the walls.  

• Gtractor, Craig. and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#10303 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 896 posts

Posted January 16, 2018 - 07:20 AM

Understood!

#10304 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted January 16, 2018 - 10:38 AM

4 1/2" snow here in Ball Hollow.  I hear there are wrecks everywhere, especially interstates, where they seem to think it's possible to drive at normal speed no matter the weather.  Of course you can go any speed pretty much, but it's stopping that gets ya!  

• Craig., KennyP and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#10305 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted January 16, 2018 - 11:48 AM

I am still in the house, and haven't ventured outside.  BUT it remains to be seen if boredom doesn't take over and I go to the shop or parlor.  It's 6* out, with wind chill of 10 below.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks