• Please log in to reply
10539 replies to this topic

#10171 mrmd OFFLINE  

mrmd
  • Member No: 62285
  • 252 Thanks
  • 131 posts

Posted December 29, 2017 - 08:59 PM

Mine is an Allis B 112. It has a 16 hp briggs. So you are saying to skip all the hydraulic crap and install this electric thing. It sounds like it would be a lot easier. I would just have to find a suitable location. I will check on the LAs and get back with you.
  • Craig. said thank you

#10172 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,422 Thanks
  • 1,576 posts

Posted December 29, 2017 - 09:19 PM

It's to bad that you can't source the hydralic pump and cylinder that some of them came with.The pump was driven off the small pulley on the flywheel and the control valve is part of the pump .Then the cylinder is mounted underneath.

• Craig., KennyP and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#10173 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted December 29, 2017 - 09:20 PM

Mine is an Allis B 112. It has a 16 hp briggs. So you are saying to skip all the hydraulic crap and install this electric thing. It sounds like it would be a lot easier. I would just have to find a suitable location. I will check on the LAs and get back with you.

HERE is one that would handle the leveraged weight of a plow easily.

• Craig. and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#10174 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted December 29, 2017 - 09:21 PM

It's to bad that you can't source the hydralic pump and cylinder that some of them came with.The pump was driven off the small pulley on the flywheel and the control valve is part of the pump .Then the cylinder is mounted underneath.

That would be great, but I'd bet they're difficult to find, and likely expensive.

#10175 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 08:19 AM

Woke an hour ago, went to the shop, and the test light is still out!  Have to say the IPC is the problem.  Now to find a cure.

• massey driver, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#10176 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,422 Thanks
  • 1,576 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 09:56 AM

Woke an hour ago, went to the shop, and the test light is still out!  Have to say the IPC is the problem.  Now to find a cure.

Interesting for sure. I had a 2007 gmc that would kill the battery every now and then.Checked out many things and couldn't find the problem. I used it a couple times a month so got into the habit of removing the battery cable,when it was parked.The funny part is that it only had this problem in the winter.{ Sold the truck and got a newer one but the real reason was that it was a 2 wheel drive and go t stuck down our roads to many times in the winter so replaced it with a 4x4. The guy who bought it has the same problem with it still. BTW when I sold it he was made aware of the problem,so by following what your doing I'll hopefully beable to give him some more things to look at. Thanks for all the extra info.

• olcowhand, oldedeeres and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#10177 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,950 Thanks
  • 5,667 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 11:12 AM

I have stepper motor issue in my Tahoe, I'm either at empty or full tank of gas, no in between ever. 

My battery drains, but then I only start it every 3 or 4 weeks and move it in the drive. Needs complete front brake redo including hoses possibly calipers....too cold for that for a few months so it sits. Haven't driven it 5-10 miles since Aug. 

Hope you find the issue on the cluster. 

How about using a GM power steering pump and a small cylinder from Surplus Center or Northern Tool for Mike's Allis? He could source a PS pump from a pick and pull form old GM car, truck or van, find a close out discount cyl and maybe source a single valve from Ebay or the likes? 

• olcowhand, camdigger and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#10178 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,422 Thanks
  • 1,576 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 12:15 PM

Sorry to high jack this thread but this is what I'am referring too. Picked the whole thing up for $25. Going to install it onto a Simplicity / Allis when I find one that I like. I took the cylinder apart and re did it because it was leaking oil.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0973.JPG

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#10179 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 12:21 PM

I think that at this point I would put a battery kill switch in and be done with it. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#10180 mrmd OFFLINE  

mrmd
  • Member No: 62285
  • 252 Thanks
  • 131 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 12:30 PM

Talk about hijacking! How would you like to quadruple your money on that. I can't remember the last time I saw one foe sale. When I did I think it was 400 bucks. This actuator thing sounds like a pretty reasonable alternative. Mike
  • olcowhand, massey driver, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#10181 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 01:44 PM

Sorry to high jack this thread but this is what I'am referring too. Picked the whole thing up for $25. Going to install it onto a Simplicity / Allis when I find one that I like. I took the cylinder apart and re did it because it was leaking oil.

What did that come off of?

• Craig. and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#10182 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,422 Thanks
  • 1,576 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 05:17 PM

What did that come off of?

Kenny that came off a Simplicity Landlord . similair to the one in the pic.

2584-td4-b01-ext045.jpg

#10183 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

G-agressive tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 9,311 Thanks
  • 4,948 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 08:10 PM

I can't remember the last time I saw one foe sale. When I did I think it was 400 bucks.  Mike

I know what you mean!!!  

Had to go all the way to Taylorville, Illinois to get mine.  Course it was cheap enough that I could justify the gas and time.  :smilewink:

They are still out there - just have to know where to look. 

Attached Thumbnails

• sim-hyd.jpg

• olcowhand, massey driver, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#10184 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 10:08 PM

Today was a crazy mix.  I started to work on Steve's truck early, then got a call from my gutter guy.  He had help lined up (he had knee replacement, so can only supervise for now) and was coming around 9am.  So I did a few things, then came up to the house awaiting his arrival.  They came, and I stayed around while they worked a while, then went out to Dad's, as he said his med dispenser didn't go off till after 9.  Nothing was wrong with the machine, and dispense time still set at 7am.  I'm thinking he slept so sound, possibly in his recliner, and just didn't hear it go off.  It keeps sounding till you shut it off.  Okay, come home, hung with the gutter guys a few more minutes, then went to the shop so I could possibly get something accomplished.  I had just got started, then Barry, the gutter business owner came down to the shop, and I couldn't get anything done.  Then the guys were near done with the gutters, so we went to the house, and he figured the bill.  They left, and I ate a late lunch.  Went back to the shop yet again hoping to get something done, then Reno, my hay guy, who bought my remaining silage came in.  He did paid on the silage, but he also decided to hang out at least 2 hours!  I'm starting to feel frustrated, knowing today wouldn't end with much getting done.  He left and I started to put the alternator & serpentine belt on, but the tensioner is almost impossible to get to, and I tried almost an hour and thought I had it, but the belt slipped off one of the stationary idlers, and I wasn't feeling up to trying any longer, as I was hurting from bending over the engine bay, and couldn't stand it another minute.  So I came to the house, ate a bite, then laid down for a while.  I don't nap, but I did lay & rest a bit.  I've not really taken a nap since my surgery over 2 1/2 years ago.  I really need to learn how to nap like normal people do.  Tomorrow I really hope I can get something accomplished.  

But at least my house is completely done, and I can see if Farm Bureau will give me my "recoverable deductible".  They said once all is done, they would inspect, then I would get the $2500.  They said there was no time table, so we'll see.  Reno also paid me for half the silage, which isn't that much, but everything helps.  I told him I'd take $750 for it all.  A real deal really, as there's likely 60 to 70 tons, and it's worth around $40 per ton.   There is some spoilage though.  I want the pit emptied, and this is a good way to get it done.  His cows love it! 

He hopes to be able to buy my remaining corn in my bins, my corn planter, grinder/mixer, and my GMC grain truck.  Plus the 9 bushels of seed corn as well.  He wants to plant some corn of his own & needs equipment.   Hmmm, wonder if he might be interested in my old combine!  It's still in working order, so I'll ask him.  Right now he's kind of rebuilding after some financial problems.  He's been good on his word to a T so far, but nothing leaves till it's paid for though.   He's planning to buy each piece as he can afford.  Hope this all works out!

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#10185 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,636 Thanks
  • 6,125 posts

Posted December 31, 2017 - 01:29 AM

He's planning to buy each piece as he can afford.  Hope this all works out!

That should be a good deal for both of you. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks