• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,655 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 09:16 PM

What are you using for Pavers?

They look like a Permacon product but a little different?

"allen + roth" is the name on them.  Style is "Ancient Tan Canyon".  Lowes has discontinued them in my area now.  

#992 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,655 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 10:23 AM

Dad's cutting hay, I've milked, put calves up out of the fields he's cutting, going to put up shade cloth over cow feeding area, and prep the sprayer to go over some of the corn ground with heavy johnsongrass infestation.  I gotta sawdust the 96 cow stalls today as well.   Busy day!

#993 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,655 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 10:17 AM

:wallbanging: Well craps, the day has gone bad already.  I didn't get to sawdust the stalls yesterday being Dad drove the MF 2745 tractor into a hole while cutting hay yesterday and I had to go pull him out.  He had called Josh & told him to bring a chain & the Cat wheel loader.  I knew they'd not get it out with the loader, as it's not posi & won't pull the hat off your head.  So I took the MF 2705 & idled out with it.  Anyway, back to today.  The "Big Dipper" that I do the stall sawdust with busted the rear steering axle frame all lose from the chassis & took out the steering cylinder shaft with it.  Got the old Hough wheel loader out & lifted the rear of the dipper & got it into the shop.  Have to fix it another day, as I have a ton to do the next few days.  Need to spray corn this afternoon, but may have to wait till evening for the wind to die down.  So I'll be raking about 30 acres of grass hay first.  I'll roll it tomorrow.  Nothing ever breaks here when we have the time to fix it.  Always when you have 10 irons to the fire.  

I got almost 60 stalls in fresh sawdust, and being I'm half into my MF1855 diesel conversion, I don't have anything to finish the sawdust with.   :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:

• HDWildBill said thank you

#994 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,655 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 02:53 PM

Dad was raking while I was rolling hay in another field.  I look up & 15 heifers are running up the road.  Dad just left the gate wide open!  Got Josh on the phone & he had to shut all his gates because he was scraping lot.  He had to shut them all as the cows were on the other end of the lot.  He got the 4 wheeler & brought them back down the hill while I ran down the hill to direct them back through the gate.  This kind of stuff is getting real old, real fast!  So I finished the field I was rolling & I shut down the hay rolling for the day.  My nerves are shot & I need a break from everything going wrong.

Today my sawdust loader broke major framing, a wheel rake broke a rake hub, my clothes washer has quit again just after dinner......what next.  Best I don't touch anything else.  I just sold a JD210 last night for $380 and had planned to take a 2 or 3 day bike ride with the money for our 20th anniversary.  May have to buy another &%#@ washer!   I used to have clothes washers last up to 10 years, but if you get 2 or 3 you're lucky.  TSC tubes rip like paper....yeah, I'm not in a good mood right now.  Some days it seems all you're doing is beating your head against a brick wall! :wallbanging:

I'll work past it, but there will be more days just like this one.

• HDWildBill, WNYTractorTinkerer and oldedeeres have said thanks

#995 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 04:37 PM

I know the feeling all to well my friend.  Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed in the morning and then other days every thing seems to go right.  I wish I could figure out the combination to make everyday go right.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. :thumbs: :smilewink:

• olcowhand said thank you

#996 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 05:00 PM

The hurrier I go the behinder i gets.

I know the feeling on those days when everything you touch turns to doodoo. Time to have a cold one and turn your brain off for a minute or two.

• olcowhand and Team_Green have said thanks

#997 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,655 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 05:10 PM

I feel better now....not much, but better!  :thumbs:

The hurrier I go the behinder i gets.

I know the feeling on those days when everything you touch turns to doodoo. Time to have a cold one and turn your brain off for a minute or two.

I don't do brewski's, but I just had 2 cups of good coffee and that helped.  May go pick up a new washer in a bit.  I bought it online & can pick it up whenever.  Sale ended today, so had to jump on it.  Saved 19%!  Basic model almost identical to the one I have.  I don't fault this one for it's troubles, as when the screwdriver took out the plastic water tub, it likely messed up the spin clutch which is what went out this time.  $343 with tax, and it didn't do it, but I should get another 5% off for using my Lowes business card.  I'll have to ask them about that when I pick it up.

#998 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 05:40 PM

I will have a cold one for you how is that. I already had a pot and a half of coffee today.

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#999 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,655 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 11:15 AM

Those following my strictly "washer" thread know I forgot about a washer given to me a while back.  It tests good.  Got about 30 rolls of hay baled this morning after milking, and will finish by mid-afternoon.  Today is going smooth for once.....so far! 

• KennyP said thank you

#1000 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hooray fro a smooth day. Although now that you have said that.......

#1001 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,655 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hay is rolled, and only got off to correct things about 3 times.  Once for a wadded up twine feed, one time hay wadded in the pickup, and once because the tie between twine bales jammed up.  May spray 20 acres of corn later today IF the breeze dies.  Heck, I may wait till tomorrow anyway.  No sense messing up a smooth day now!  I have simpler things I can attend to instead.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1002 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, sometimes it's best to quit while you are ahead  :D :D

#1003 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,655 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 04:07 PM

I did some other minor things to finish the work day.  I'm finished feeding & off the clock and I didn't break or have anything break on me all day long!  :D   The hay was some of the best fescue hay we've ever had too.  About 90F right now, but I "might" go to the shop later to make brackets for my oil cooler on my Massey 1655 diesel.  I said MIGHT:smilewink:

#1004 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,521 Thanks
  • 39,741 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 05:34 PM

Glad it was a good day! You needed one about now!

#1005 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,319 Thanks
  • 4,666 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hey Olcowhand-  You may want to invest in a Papa cam to keep an eye on the dude!?!?   :smilewink:  :poke:

• olcowhand said thank you