• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 40,355 Thanks
  • 31,172 posts

Posted December 11, 2017 - 10:11 AM

Eye checkup was perfect. About time something checked out fine! Early signs of cataracts, but will be years before anything needs done. Having late breakfast, then heading to SS office. If busy there, I'll have to make an appointment for a later date.
  • Craig., KennyP, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#9992 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,717 Thanks
  • 969 posts

Posted December 11, 2017 - 10:11 AM

Modifying my behavior at home will be a job in itself, as I must not be lifting, nor doing anything to aggravate my spinal cord.  In some ways I feel defeated, but I will try to turn it into more of a challenge than defeat.  I can do this!

You'd be amazed what can be accomplished with a cheap engine hoist, a winch, and a few strategically placed pulleys! I have faith you will find a way, American farmers always do!

You were posting as I was, good luck at SS. Glad the eyes are still good!

Edited by SupplySergeant, December 11, 2017 - 10:12 AM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#9993 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 40,355 Thanks
  • 31,172 posts

Posted December 11, 2017 - 02:13 PM

I feel like a cat on a hot tin roof!  I have to decide right away if I'm gonna leave employment this week, as this month I will have 3 paychecks, which would throw my disability application to next month.  I am so scared once I terminate my job, I might get turned down for disability, which would really mess me up financially, leaving me flat broke and unemployed.  There will be 5 months once I officially apply that I will NOT get any back pay, so I will have to use my savings to get by till then, and my savings will be exhausted.  Even if I did get approved, if it takes longer than 5 or 6 months, then I'll be flat busted and no money for even groceries. 

I can still work, but at what expense to my health??  IF I had been officially full time at work for over a year, then I'd be eligible for over 4 months of 60% pay, which would be huge to us, and still be under the SSDI max, but as it is, I have only 25 days of 60% disability pay. 

I didn't go speak with my bosses today, as my head was reeling and I needed some time to think.  I've had so much on my mind lately, and I wish I could just bury my head in the sand a while.

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#9994 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,717 Thanks
  • 969 posts

Posted December 11, 2017 - 03:31 PM

Sounds tough. But, between you and Teresa, I have faith you can figure it out. We'll be praying for you!

Edited by SupplySergeant, December 11, 2017 - 03:35 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#9995 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 40,355 Thanks
  • 31,172 posts

Posted December 11, 2017 - 05:32 PM

Now we just found our old outside dog "Baby" can barely walk.  She's in her teens, and we've seen her going downhill for a while now.  We brought her in the house to keep her more comfortable.  We'll see how she feels tomorrow and will decide then what is best to do.  I'd sure hate to have her put to sleep, but it might be in her best interest.  Love this old dog!  Don't know what is next to come.

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#9996 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,460 Thanks
  • 6,054 posts

Posted December 11, 2017 - 10:25 PM

You'll make the right decision. 

Couple of weeks ago I had to put down my Jack Russell named Sugar. Over the last couple of years She has had surgeries to remove a tumor on her neck. This last time they had to open her up from her collar bone to the back of her jaw. She bounced back again and was looking really good then one day we notice some swelling. The next morning she looked really bad. Wasn't able to drink. Could hardly bark and was unable to rest her chin on anything. She knew it was time but dang it was hard. Never be another one like Sugar. Thankfully we do have another pup here so that helps. Hope it's not too hard on you Daniel.

IMG_0678.JPG

Edited by Cvans, December 11, 2017 - 10:28 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#9997 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 40,355 Thanks
  • 31,172 posts

Posted December 12, 2017 - 11:19 AM

Well, I am no longer a Co-Op man.  I decided it best to go ahead as I can't avoid the inevitable, and I'm not gonna stand around not doing what everybody else is doing just to drag it on.  Besides, they saved my tail giving me a job when they did, and they need time to find a replacement before the spring RUSH hits like a storm.  Leaving this job ranks high on some of the toughest things I've ever had to do. I hung around work over 2 hours trying to get the courage to come on home.   I got teary eyed, and so did my boss Clint when I left.  He's gonna see what he can do as far as unemployment to help me out.  They have been so awesome to work with, and I will SORELY miss seeing them so much.  I WILL be doing their fence charger repairs, and will go back later in the week to move all the fence box parts cabinets etc  home to my shop.  Clint is going to bring his 4 wheeler for some repairs and said I could do them whenever over the winter.  They will be buying ll my cordless tools I have at work, as I'd already bought more for my shop, and I don't need 2 of everything, and they can sure use them.  My plasma cutter however does come home!  Right now I'm a mess.  

Teresa and I will be leaving soon to have our pup "Baby" put to sleep.  She is so weak and can barely get up.   Gonna be a tearful day.

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#9998 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 40,355 Thanks
  • 31,172 posts

Posted December 12, 2017 - 12:07 PM

Had to make an afternoon appointment to say goodbye to our dog Baby.  Not for another  3 1/2 hours.  I was hoping we could just go on right now and get it over with, but no.  We've had her over 14 years.  She showed up on our doorstep as a little dropped off puppy.  She's been a great dog and companion.  Teresa was even closer to her than I.  She was a car chaser early on and had to go on chain after she got hit, so Teresa walked her every single day through the fields as exercise for both of them.

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#9999 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,717 Thanks
  • 969 posts

Posted December 12, 2017 - 12:33 PM

My heart aches for both of you, Daniel. Few things hurt worse than loosing a good dog.

• olcowhand, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#10000 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 40,355 Thanks
  • 31,172 posts

Posted December 12, 2017 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Josh.  I've not eaten anything yet today, and just haven't had any appetite at all.  I am the emotional type, which can be like a curse, but that's just how I am.

• Craig., KennyP, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#10001 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 2,130 Thanks
  • 1,211 posts

Posted December 12, 2017 - 12:49 PM

Having gone through a similar situation with my wife and her job (She has MS) i can understand how you feel.  Just know that your decision is the correct one for you and your family at this time!  It can be scary and unnerving to not know what's ahead but God has a plan for you!  Keep moving forward and be thankful for those people that you've had in your life!  I'll continue to pray for you and your wife.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#10002 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 40,355 Thanks
  • 31,172 posts

Posted December 12, 2017 - 01:05 PM

Having gone through a similar situation with my wife and her job (She has MS) i can understand how you feel.  Just know that your decision is the correct one for you and your family at this time!  It can be scary and unnerving to not know what's ahead but God has a plan for you!  Keep moving forward and be thankful for those people that you've had in your life!  I'll continue to pray for you and your wife.

Thanks Mark.  My middle sister Connie has had MS for maybe 10 or 12+ years now.  She's 67 years old now and had to retire from being a registered nurse when her legs started failing her.  Some days she can get around like a scalded dog, then in an instant she's in a wheelchair, often for weeks at a time.  How is your wife doing?  Prayers from my way to you both too!

• Craig., KennyP, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#10003 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 2,130 Thanks
  • 1,211 posts

Posted December 12, 2017 - 02:49 PM

Thanks Mark.  My middle sister Connie has had MS for maybe 10 or 12+ years now.  She's 67 years old now and had to retire from being a registered nurse when her legs started failing her.  Some days she can get around like a scalded dog, then in an instant she's in a wheelchair, often for weeks at a time.  How is your wife doing?  Prayers from my way to you both too!

Thanks Daniel!

My wife's a PT.  She works 20 hrs a week and is on partial disability.  She's had MS for 17 years.  We've been very blessed that she's never needed a wheel chair.  My wife is like you!  She loves her job and the people she works with.  Fortunately, she had the option of partial disability.  I wish you had that option available!  

• olcowhand, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#10004 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 37,461 Thanks
  • 45,483 posts

Posted December 12, 2017 - 03:58 PM

I'm feeling for you Daniel! Tough not knowing what tomorrow brings. I'm hoping and praying for you guys to see a light at the end of that tunnel. Also hoping to make one more plow day with you guys!

• olcowhand, Craig., oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#10005 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 40,355 Thanks
  • 31,172 posts

Posted December 12, 2017 - 04:30 PM

I'm feeling for you Daniel! Tough not knowing what tomorrow brings. I'm hoping and praying for you guys to see a light at the end of that tunnel. Also hoping to make one more plow day with you guys!

Thanks Kenny.  Just got back from the vet.  I somehow (but barely) managed to stay in the room while Baby drew her last breath.   Now to go place her in the ground like SO many dogs I've buried here on the farm since childhood.  They would have taken care of her body, but I wasn't going to do that.  She deserves to be laid to rest right here!

• Gtractor, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 5 others have said thanks