• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 38,851 Thanks
  • 30,712 posts

Posted September 15, 2017 - 06:19 PM

I barely made it through work today, and I mean "barely"!  I forgot to take half a pain med this morning, so by mid-morning I was hurting bad!  Mike and I worked all day hard putting in new floors where we tore the old bins out.  Mike also dropped his 3' long $100 Snap-on pry bar into the flooded basement.  We set up a trash pump and it took 4 hours to drop the level till I could reach it off a ladder.  It needed pumped out anyway, so killed 2 birds.  Had 2 trucks come in with feed, and several customers today to load.   

I had intended to mow Dad's yard tonight, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow afternoon after I get home from work.  I had to lie down for an hour after getting home, and I never do that but maybe 2 or 3 times a year.  

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#9617 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,851 Thanks
  • 30,712 posts

Posted September 17, 2017 - 10:25 AM

Yesterday's 1/2 day at work was pretty busy.  Soon as the doors opened there were 5 pickups at the dock awaiting feed, etc.  Stayed pretty busy right to noon.  Then I shot to McDonalds for cheeseburgers for my roofer guys at home.  They got my bedroom roof on, then had to leave for a family birthday party.  Then I took off on my John Deere F935 to mow Dad's yard.  Made it a couple hundred yards down the road and she started dying down.  Fuel pump not working..  Ended up the wire plug connectors weren't contacting good, and a quick squeeze with pliers to tighten up the female ends did the trick, so after a couple hours, got his yard mowed.  It was THICK, so even with the "mega mower" as I call it, I had to mow slower.  Usually 1 1/2 hours to mow it all.  Then to hook up Dad's new cordless phone/answering system.  Just a few weeks ago I had to get Dad a new cell phone, and put in all his contacts, and do the speed dial setup, and now do it all again with the cordless on his landline.  By the time I got home I was shot.  Neck/shoulder pain just never lets up.  Not done anything yet today, but I hope to mow around the silage pits and milk parlor areas today, and I need to put the old bedroom roofing on my wagon.  

Should be a busy work week, with a couple thousand acres to spread cover-crop seed/fertilizer on.

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#9618 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,851 Thanks
  • 30,712 posts

Posted September 17, 2017 - 11:36 AM

Mowing ALL done for this round!  No pain meds today and holding my own.  I don't like to depend on them, so I tough it out whenever I can.  Later I'll pick up the old roofing, but for now it's break time.

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#9619 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,851 Thanks
  • 30,712 posts

Posted September 17, 2017 - 05:40 PM

Got a few things done after the mowing.  My digital over-air antennae was taken down for roofing, but the front roof isn't finished, so put up my antennae temporarily.  It is down to the drip edge of the roof and picking up very well, so once roof is finished, I'll leave it down lower.  Lightning always ends up taking out my boosters, so maybe lower will extend their lives.  Then I decided to fix the flat tire on my Massey 1655D after using it's loader forks to move the removed roofing to the wagon.  I aired it up and it went flat just after finishing moving the roofing.  The old plug in the tubeless tire had worn through the tube I had installed later, so I cut the plug off, patched the tire and the tube.  The battery went bad in the Massey long ago, and I've been jumping it off my boost box, and it's getting old.  I had an old GT battery I removed from something a while back, and I first thought it was shot.  But after slow charging it a few days, and leaving it sit over 2 weeks, I put it in it and it fired up the Massey just fine.

I need to make time to build a set of quick-attach forks for my Kubota's loader.

One of my friends wants me to weld a broken skid loader frame, and add a strengthening plate to the areas.  He'll be dropping it off soon so I can do it when able.  Hope it's fairly easy to see & weld, as my neck gives me fits in confined spaces.

My neighbor just stopped by to tell me his oil pan gasket for his ZTR still hasn't came in.  He ordered it Monday and they said 3 days.  It's been 5 and still no show.

Guess I'm done working for today.  Need some rest time before tomorrow's busy day at work.  Likely be an overtime week unless rains come in.

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#9620 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,008 Thanks
  • 852 posts

Posted September 18, 2017 - 09:02 AM

I order alot online and my stuff has ends up, never showing up, all the way to the neibor delivering it to me cuz it went to there house instead lol.

Oh by the way have you set a date yet for plow day? Haven't seen it anywhere yet.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#9621 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,187 Thanks
  • 44,172 posts

Posted September 18, 2017 - 10:27 AM

I order alot online and my stuff has ends up, never showing up, all the way to the neibor delivering it to me cuz it went to there house instead lol.

Oh by the way have you set a date yet for plow day? Haven't seen it anywhere yet.

It's here.

• olcowhand, Craig. and Cvans have said thanks

#9622 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,008 Thanks
  • 852 posts

Posted September 18, 2017 - 01:55 PM

It's here.

Tks Kenny!

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#9623 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,008 Thanks
  • 8,521 posts

Posted September 18, 2017 - 06:47 PM

For however many years there have been houses out here, my house has been the only one numbered 920. Just a off fluke of the tiny town of Crouse. So a new house got built about 3 miles away and they are 920 on their road.  We are constantly getting each others mail. It got to the point that I wrote on the inside of my mailbox which road this is. When there is a new delivery person they sometimes sit there a second and do more sorting. The good news is the new folks are nice. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#9624 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,851 Thanks
  • 30,712 posts

Posted September 18, 2017 - 07:15 PM

Just an 8 to 5 day at work, but it was still a tough one with my constant neck thing.  Was worn out and hoping my neighbor's oil pan gasket hadn't come in....but it did.  Spent 2 hours getting it all back together & it's running nice.  I told him I didn't know if I could tough it out & get it done tonight and he was fine with that, but I just wanted it done.  Called to let him know and he was already asleep at 8.  He isn't feeling so great either.

Not sure if we'll have more cover crop to do tomorrow yet.  We only did 225 acres today.  2 weeks ago the farmers were anxious to get going with it, and now they balk.   :wallbanging:

• Gtractor, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#9625 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,851 Thanks
  • 30,712 posts

Posted September 21, 2017 - 12:37 PM

I got some distressing news at my neurosurgeon's office today.  Turns out that my last MRI (around a year ago) showed a bone fragment floating around, but wasn't a real issue at the time, but she says it's almost for sure causing my present pain.  I have to get another MRI on Oct 4th, and see my surgeon on the 24th to see if surgery will again be in my future.  I hope not, but I'm afraid so.  I asked the certified physician's assistant (she is great) today if I was taking my whole neck thing too seriously (worrying & all) and she said my neck is pretty jacked up and I had all the reason in the world to be concerned.  She put me on a steroid pack to try to relieve swelling around the affected nerve, so hoping for a good outcome from that.  Not sure what my future holds, but I am getting worn down by the never ending pain.  Sorry for my mini-rant, but this is all getting to me.  I took the rest of today off work to get some rest.

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#9626 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,026 Thanks
  • 5,880 posts

Posted September 21, 2017 - 02:11 PM

Sorry for my mini-rant, but this is all getting to me. 

There's a good reason they use pain and no sleep to get information out of prisoners. It wears you down. After my back surgery it feels like a miracle has happened. I sincerely hope your results will be the same. 

Edited by Cvans, September 21, 2017 - 04:28 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig. and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#9627 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 35,187 Thanks
  • 44,172 posts

Posted September 21, 2017 - 02:18 PM

That fragment could be hung up in the wrong place. Shouldn't take much to get it out of there I would think.

• olcowhand, Craig., oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#9628 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,851 Thanks
  • 30,712 posts

Posted September 21, 2017 - 03:41 PM

That fragment could be hung up in the wrong place. Shouldn't take much to get it out of there I would think.

Bring an X-acto knife and a pair of needle nose pliers Kenny!  You can do it for me!   :smilewink:

• Craig., KennyP and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#9629 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,008 Thanks
  • 8,521 posts

Posted September 21, 2017 - 04:34 PM

Nothing worse than trying to work while you are in pain. I have had to slow down a lot since my back surgery. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#9630 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 35,187 Thanks
  • 44,172 posts

Posted September 21, 2017 - 05:26 PM

Bring an X-acto knife and a pair of needle nose pliers Kenny!  You can do it for me!   :smilewink:

I have a big scalpel and some small needle nose pliers! Just gotta know where it's at!

• olcowhand, Craig., oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks