• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,521 Thanks
  • 39,741 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 08:29 AM

Good luck getting the cows loaded. Hope you find a nice oil well too. That would help keep the dairy going!

#902 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 08:41 AM

We might be seeing Daniel on TV soon!  Good luck with the cow's and bull.

#903 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,655 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:11 AM

All the cattle loaded & ready to roll!  The little bull wasn't any problem, and when I put the big bull in with him, I think it abruptly became aware he wasn't so tough after all!  :rolling:   Big bull tried to push the tractor, but no dice!  Later!

• oldedeeres and Earl have said thanks

#904 Earl OFFLINE  

Earl
  • Member No: 34405
  • 76 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 06:48 PM

Dad had a bull who would lift the rear tires of our 70hp Kubota cab tractor off the ground.  We would be carrying a 4x4 hay bale on the unroller and he would start hitting it and eventually work his way under it and stand up.  That dude was tough, but he got so big he was hurting cows and eventually learned he could basically walk through our fences.  He was fairly gentle though, just a 2300lb puppy dog.  I honestly think he would have slept at the foot of Mom and Dad's bed if he would have fit in the house.

#905 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 11:15 AM

Did the sale go OK Daniel, I hope so..

#906 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,655 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:44 PM

Did the sale go OK Daniel, I hope so..

They mail a check after the sale, so we'll get it tomorrow or the next day.  I'm sure the sale went fine, or we'd heard from them.  Got some drainage tile sinkholes filled today in fields at Dad's house, so we'll start planting out there tomorrow.  The rest of the fields at my son's house are still a bit too  damp to plant yet.

#907 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,655 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Milked this morning, then took down a large tree next to a corn field.  Then sealed up some holes from bad field drainage tile and got them backfilled with dirt & tamped in with the Cat payloader.  Then got the front of Dad's old motorhome lifted in the air with the loader while BIL Fred slipped wheels flat under the motorhome's front wheels so Fred will have room to work under it to remove the engine & trans.  Dad sold them to Fred.  He's gonna put them in his 64 Chevy Belaire.  It's a Chevy 350 with a 350 turbo trans.  Then came home to feed silage, installed the engine back into the JD210, charged up our Cherokee's AC, got Kaylin's car's air dam secured in place.  After that I was pretty tired, so I got on the JD430 & did some mowing.  Stopped next to the silage pits & kicked rocks loose sticking up for a half hour, then resumed mowing.  Got up next to Fred's house & got the belly deck bottomed out & even diff lock wouldn't get me loose.  So Fred gave me a pull with his Dad's Massey 1010 (used to be Fred's).  Fred was borrowing it to till his garden with his & his Dad's co-owned tiller.  Pulled me right out once we broke a tie down strap.  Told ya it wouldn't handle it Fred!   :smilewink:   Got the roadside finished & went to call it a day.  430 wouldn't shut off!  Solenoid was sticky.  A prod with a metal rod shut her right down.  Now I'm on here and nearing clocking out for the day.  Tomorrow it's morning milking, then crop spraying all day.

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, HowardsMF155 and 1 other said thanks

#908 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:22 PM

Have a good rest. Sounds like you earned it.

• olcowhand said thank you

#909 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:24 PM

Wow Daniel, that's quite a day. Get some rest my friend.. :thumbs:

#910 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,521 Thanks
  • 39,741 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 05:28 AM

That was a busy day! Glad you got some seat time, even if it was on something "green". LOL

#911 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,655 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 10:58 AM

Milked the cows this morning, then pulled my water wagons for spraying out to Dad's.  Grandson Case went with me, then he enjoyed a tomato when we got back.  You'd think he was eating a peach.  He loves maters!

DSC00645.JPG

Decided to wait till after lunch to start spraying, as it would give Dad time to finish planting the 1st field out there.  That way we're not in each other's way & Dad won't catch any spray drift.  So I mowed around the parlors & pits, then cleaned then applied sealer to a section of concrete that was too damp for sealer to stick when the contractor did the job.  Lunch bell just went off, so see you guys late this afternoon or evening.

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#912 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,521 Thanks
  • 39,741 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 11:26 AM

You got maters already? That ain't fair!

#913 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 11:35 AM

that mater looks good. I am about to wander into the kitchen to find some food myself.

#914 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 02:43 PM

Seeing Case eat that Tomato reminded me of both my girls, as soon as they had enough teeth to eat things like that, they both would eat maters til you made them stop. They still love Tomato's, would eat them every meal..

Some kids just know what is really good. :thumbs:

• oldedeeres said thank you

#915 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,655 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 04:50 PM

Maters came from Krogers, so no telling where from.  Got 40 acres sprayed after lunch, then repaired a planter unit that was twisted.  Too many years of use & planting tight turns, and you get twisted units.  I put a chain on the top rear of the unit, then chain boomed it tight to the far left of the planter toolbar.  Then put a chain from under the rear of unit, hooked up on top.  Ran this to the bumper of the Massey 1130 parked at an angle, then with a VERY soft touch, let out on the clutch, just slipping it & pulled the twist just past center.  When I let off, she settled perfectly straight.  :thumbs:

I was sure worried I'd break something, but all went great.  Dad was gonna work on it in the morning while I milked, but I wanted to get it done so he wouldn't have to.  Dad wears out much faster these days, so I try to get as much done before he feels he has to.  When I stopped at his house, he sure seemed happy he didn't have to deal with it.  Couple tanks to spray tomorrow, then when the rest of the fields dry, just 38 acres, we'll finish up in one day.  But it'll be next week or later, as rain is coming Saturday.  Josh gets married May 11th & will be gone 5 days, so hope we finish before then.  All the daily chores will be enough for me.

• HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks