8700 replies to this topic

#8476 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 06:18 AM

That's going to look so different now. I'm going to try to come down to see Angela & Grandpa next month, hope to see you then!
  • olcowhand said thank you

#8477 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 11:09 AM

Slept in this morning, then got busy.  Drug out the 2 calf hutches we used to put bull calves in while waiting for Bill, (who bought all our bull calves) to come pick them up.  He asked while at work if I still had them.  I priced them, and he said he'll be by soon to get them.

Then I got my towable backhoe out to finally get around to finding the leak in the water line down to the old calf barn/old shop/chicken barn.  Got the suspect area dug out, water turned back on, but so far, no leak.  Sometimes small leaks will heal themselves once time has passed.  I'll leave the hole open a few days, and if no signs of a leak, I'll backfill & call it done.

20161016_1149261.jpg 20161016_1149421.jpg

• Craig., KennyP, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#8478 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,526 Thanks
  • 39,746 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 11:28 AM

Hope some of the soreness from the hay handling has gone away! Handy implement there!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#8479 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 12:41 PM

I've moved the digger down across from the shop at the silage pits.  Dad ran the loader into the frost proof hydrant a few years ago & busted the handle assembly off, and bent the whole tube.  Got a big enough hole dug out so I can use a shovel to find the depth of the line, then carefully remove more dirt till I can repair things.  I want water over at the shop, but for now getting this hydrant replaced will do.  What I'm hoping to do in the future is put a room in the next shed slot for a bathroom/storage where I can easily heat enough to prevent freezing & store paint/etc.  But not happening for likely quite a while yet.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#8480 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,526 Thanks
  • 39,746 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 01:50 PM

That sounds like a good plan, Daniel. Facilities close by can be a real benefit sometimes. Saves a lot of walking!

#8481 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 04:08 PM

My did it turn into a job!  I dug with the shovel to see how much further I could safely dig with the backhoe.  Well, the input line curved in from a higher level, so I snagged it and pulled the city water line off the valves where city water met our well water going to the milk parlor.  We had it this way in case our well pump went out, so we could flip a valve and be back in business.  Luckily it seems the well water line was not harmed at all, so I shut the city water off, then plugged it for now.  I am totally shot for today, so I'll finish this job later.

Took me a shower to wash off all the mud, and now chilling here at the computer to see if I'm gonna feel like going out for something to eat.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#8482 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,526 Thanks
  • 39,746 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 04:24 PM

OUCH! That hurts!

#8483 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 07:24 PM

We did go out for a meal of Famous Recipe chicken, but had a little more to do when I got home.  Due to some backflow during the leak, have had 2 sink faucet aerators clog up with mineral crud and cleaned them tonight. Already had 2 sink traps needing cleaning, and one chose tonight to all but stop draining. That will wait till at least tomorrow. Just replaced one toilet valve and hose just yesterday. When it rains, it pours! Oh well, I'll get to it all in time.

Might get some water issues done tomorrow, but getting the heifers sold & loaded comes first.  I need to separate the bull first thing, as he's beginning to get attitude.  Not bad, but I see it, and don't intend to push my luck.  He doesn't seem to mind me too much, but a stranger seems not to be his liking.  I'll put out feed with the headlocks engaged.  His big old head won't fit through the headlocks, so I'll lure him with feed into a holding pen, then lock him in.  He loves the feed, so it should be easy as can be to get him in there.  Having the heifers all locked will make it way easier to get him caught.  Don't worry, I'll be very careful & vigilant!  It may be true fat boys can't (usually) jump, but you'd be amazed what one can do when a bull gives you that look, much less if he makes his way towards you!

• Craig., KennyP, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#8484 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 07:54 PM

Ya please,, Be carfull

• olcowhand said thank you

#8485 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 11:35 PM

I've had pretty good luck pouring straight bleach into slow sink drains and let it set for a couple hours. Like just before you go to bed at night. In the morning they seem to drain fine again. Works really well in the master bathroom where hair in the P trap can be a problem. 

Looking at a Bull while laying on the ground is a little unnerving also. They look real big when looking up from down there. 

Long story so don't ask.  :(

Edited by Cvans, October 16, 2016 - 11:35 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#8486 KCJAX6810 OFFLINE  

KCJAX6810
  • Member No: 84676
  • 152 Thanks
  • 97 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 07:04 AM

Nice utv btw I've loved the bx series tractors from Kubota but havent tried the utvs yet hows it handle?

Sent from my RCT6773W42B using Tapatalk

#8487 KCJAX6810 OFFLINE  

KCJAX6810
  • 152 Thanks
  • 97 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 07:06 AM

2fd92f302526c2f3c1a675cff830e391.jpg

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#8488 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 07:14 AM

Nice utv btw I've loved the bx series tractors from Kubota but havent tried the utvs yet hows it handle?

It drives great, steering responsive, decent ride for such a heavy suspension, BUT the hydrostatic drive demands slowing down slowly & carefully, as if you're going fast, if you just let completely off the throttle, it'll throw you into the windshield!  Same in reverse except opposite whip.  It pulls like crazy, as it weighs around 1,800lbs.

And my dream is to own a BX25D!

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#8489 KCJAX6810 OFFLINE  

KCJAX6810
  • 152 Thanks
  • 97 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 07:30 AM

It drives great, steering responsive, decent ride for such a heavy suspension, BUT the hydrostatic drive demands slowing down slowly & carefully, as if you're going fast, if you just let completely off the throttle, it'll throw you into the windshield! Same in reverse except opposite whip. It pulls like crazy, as it weighs around 1,800lbs.
And my dream is to own a BX25D!

Same with the bx lol the two pedal hydro. Alot of Rosco tractors were like that too pedal being spring loaded and has your leg all weird lol. My brother wants to try the ATV they are coming out with Idk if it's exactly Kubota but it's a Kubota diesel on a four wheeler lol. we have the deck both buckets and a bunch of toys for it

Edited by KCJAX6810, October 17, 2016 - 07:35 AM.

• Craig. said thank you

#8490 KCJAX6810 OFFLINE  

KCJAX6810
  • 152 Thanks
  • 97 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 07:36 AM

My brother enjoys the heck out of it I'm always calling it an 80 I believe it's being used to my Suzuki being a DS lol a295b61c25d9ef11d16d0ce553728987.jpg

Edited by KCJAX6810, October 17, 2016 - 07:37 AM.

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks