#8461 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 04:53 PM

but at 6:30pm yesterday, Dad called wanting 2 fish sandwiches from McDonalds.

I don't blame him, the fish sandwiches are one of the few things I like there. Their Vanilla shakes are good also. 

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#8462 mrmd OFFLINE  

mrmd
  • Member No: 62285
  • 207 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 05:01 PM

Daniel, had a good time at the plow day. As you know we didn't know what we were going to do today. Just kill time till we need to be home Tuesday. Well wouldn't, you know we end up in Jackson, Tn. Do you have the brothers phone number nu? Hope you get this soon so I.can look them up.
  • olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#8463 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 05:36 PM

Daniel, had a good time at the plow day. As you know we didn't know what we were going to do today. Just kill time till we need to be home Tuesday. Well wouldn't, you know we end up in Jackson, Tn. Do you have the brothers phone number nu? Hope you get this soon so I.can look them up.

David's number is 731.420.1039   Richard's is 731.694.4479

• Craig. said thank you

#8464 mrmd OFFLINE  

mrmd
  • Member No: 62285
  • 207 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 05:59 PM

Thanks Dan. Made contact with Richard and will meet him in the morning. David has a sore leg and is doctoring it.
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#8465 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 06:17 PM

Thanks Dan. Made contact with Richard and will meet him in the morning. David has a sore leg and is doctoring it.

Well then, no matter what weather does to the Evansville plow day, David will have his plow!  Thanks Mike!

• Craig. said thank you

#8466 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 12:20 PM

Day off work today.  More pain than usual in my neck/shoulders, so took a pain pill, which means no driving.  Been cleaning out the shed behind the house where I park my truck.  Getting so bad I can't pull the truck in all the way under roof.  1/2 is finished, but much more to do yet, and won't finish today, but will have truck area clear....pretty much is now.

Got a call from my land leasee.  He wants me to put new ball joints, etc in one of his 4WD pickups.  He'll bring it weekend after this coming.  I would do it this weekend, but I have to get 13 heifers up & sold as some are nearing calving.  Glad I have the 2 post lift up & ready!

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#8467 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 01:30 PM

Been cleaning out the shed behind the house where I park my truck.  Getting so bad I can't pull the truck in all the way under roof.

Question, who clutters up the shed? You don't have time to clutter anything up. 

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#8468 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 01:50 PM

Question, who clutters up the shed? You don't have time to clutter anything up. 

Oh it's me alright!  Bring something home...toss it in the shed.  Something needing put away, but no time....toss it in the shed.  Soon ya have a good ole mess!  And tossing much of it I did, but anything with true promise I put in the freestalls.

• Craig., KennyP and Cvans have said thanks

#8469 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 07:55 PM

but anything with true promise I put in the freestalls.

That's a good place for it. Then we don't have to worry about you getting any crazy cow ideas again.  :D

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#8470 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 08:05 PM

That's a good place for it. Then we don't have to worry about you getting any crazy cow ideas again.  :D

THAT you don't have to worry about!  I also got some of my heifers up tonight & called my cattle guy.  He'll come look at them one day this week.

• Craig., KennyP and Cvans have said thanks

#8471 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 13, 2016 - 05:26 PM

Not much to post about the last few days.  Work has been busy with hauling & spreading fertilizer, delivering wheat seed, minerals, and a little bit of shop repairs.  Today I'm hurting all over for no real reason other than a weather front cooling things down, which makes all my joints ache.  My cattle guy hasn't got to come yet, and having trouble finding a roofer to come repair my house roof and siding.  Everyone is backlogged and the one guy who was ready to come lost his employee and isn't sure if he can do it by himself (would be a hard job alone).    Just finished putting out hay & some pelleted feed for the heifers.  Took a pain pill to take the edge off, so now it's time to relax a bit.  Chili is on the stove!  

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#8472 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 14, 2016 - 06:51 PM

Today at work was mostly shop time.  Replaced a 2" bearing on a spreader truck bed chain shaft, tracked down a bad tail light wire, and replaced a hydraulic hose to the bed drive motor.  Took a while just going to get hose made & find a bearing.  Was going to replace both on this shaft, but the bearing supply only had one.  Ordered 3 more so once I replace the other, I'll have a spare set.  Then changed oil & filter on the Ford F550 flatbed truck.  Did some warehouse work, then right at closing time, just after I put the forklift in the shop & locked up, one of the guys from our other store needed a pallet of 10-10-10 fertilizer, and a pallet of shelled corn.  Oh well, it's my job, so I can't complain.  

Brad, my cattle guy came this evening.  Made a deal on my 13 bred heifers, and he'll come get them while I'm off work Monday.

He saw Hogzilla while he was here and asked if I'd consider selling it.  I told him he didn't have enough money!  :D

• ducky, Gtractor, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks

#8473 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted October 14, 2016 - 10:26 PM

.  I told him he didn't have enough money!  :D

Some things ARENT for sale at any price........lol

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#8474 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 15, 2016 - 08:12 PM

Had a busy morning at work.  Had to unload just 60 bales of hay, but they were heavy boogers.  Found out quickly how much my body has changed the last 2 years.  Was winded & whipped in short order!  Recovered fast, but still...almost embarrassing!    Once I got home, I rested a few minutes, then got the Hough 30 wheel loader out & dug out the hedges between my side yard & the shed yard, which is where we used to park equipment temporarily.  The hedges were a divider of sorts.  No need for them now, so out they came.  Then I got my Massey 1655D & used it's loader to carry off the bushes.

After this, I hauled in some compost dirt to fill in some low spots.  Later, when we finally have rain in the forecast, we'll seed this strip & cover with straw.

20161015_1417511.jpg 20161015_1417461.jpg 20161015_1418191.jpg

• Craig., KennyP and CRFarnsworth have said thanks

#8475 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts