• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted October 03, 2016 - 04:03 PM

Got up without anything to eat or drink for my bloodwork.  I was under the impression I needed to fast....but no, no fasting needed!   :wallbanging:   Get that done, got breakfast, then headed to my pulmonologist.  He said there was no chance the pains I've had in my chest were a clot or anything else to do with my lungs.  He said I need to go get a stress test to rule out any heart issues.  He figures like I do that it's just from lifting so much at work, but "at my age" a stress test is warranted.  I also got blind-sided with another pneumonia shot.  Had one 2 years ago and thought they were good for 5 years, but now there's some sort of booster, so my right arm is pretty sore already.  They warned this shot packs a punch, and it does.  But now I'm good on pneumonia shots till I'm 65, so that's a plus.

Then to the pharmacy for more of Dad's meds.  After that it's 20 minutes till I can pay my respects to my co-worker James" Mom who passed on.  So I hang out at work till 1pm.  The funeral home is less than 75 yards from work, so my boss & I walked down together.  

Came home & drove the scissor lift out of the shop & up to one of the barns as I'm finished with it in the shop.  Then got Hogzilla out and changed the oil in prep for plowing this Saturday if nothing prevents it.  Weather should be fine, with no rain all week, and Saturday's high somewhere around 68F.  Sure hope I get to go.  I could use a day of fun.

Now to finish putting more stuff away at the shop, then go give Dad his insulin shot.

• Craig., KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#8432 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted October 03, 2016 - 05:05 PM

I thought my day was rough, but at least no one stabbed me. 

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#8433 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,346 Thanks
  • 39,627 posts

Posted October 03, 2016 - 05:49 PM

Glad the day turned out on the 'plus' side! Hope you get to plow this weekend!

#8434 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 05:02 PM

Today has been busy at work.  Tomorrow was to be a day off and morning Dr visit, but tomorrow they are short-handed at work & need me.  Being it's just blood thinning # check, I called Dr office & asked if they could just call me the results and adjust dosage myself if needed.  They said that was no problem, so I'll get to work early, at least by 7am and head out to Leitchfield for a gooseneck & truckload of cover crop wheat.  James will be spreading it as soon as I get back with it.  Nathan is on vacation, Randall still out with his knee.   I didn't even get to finish my "morning" cup of coffee today till closing time at 5pm!  

Out to Dad's in a while for his insulin shot.  His short term memory is about the worst ever.  Last night when I went out he said he was waiting for supper being brought by my cousin's wife Rhonda.  I said I thought Tricia (my niece) was bringing supper.  He said she had come, but didn't bring any food.  I went outside & called her, and she said she just left 1/2 hour before & he ate 2/3 of the veggie soup & cornbread she brought.  He'd already forgotten, plus the Rhonda thing he made up in his mind!  His glucose # is still terribly high, so he may end up back in the hospital, and if I can get them to keep him 3 days he then qualifies for over 100 days in nursing home under his medicare.  He really needs enough time in there to get things stabilized.   I think it would help him a lot, as I can't be there with work & all, and not getting much help from other family members, but most do what they can I guess.  Having him under 24hr care will control his diet better so his glucose can level out.

Not sure if I'll make the plow day this Saturday with all that's going on, and now with as busy as things are, plowing almost seems like work instead of fun.  But I'm sure I'll enjoy it if I go.  If I don't plow, I might have to go to a wedding on Teresa's side of the family, and a plow day beats a wedding any day!  :smilewink:   We'll see how things progress.  

• MH81, Alc, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#8435 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,346 Thanks
  • 39,627 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 05:10 PM

Hope things stabilize with your Dad soon. And go plow if you can, just a stress reliever, maybe!

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#8436 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,621 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 06:16 PM

Well Dan sounds like you have your hands full.
I hope you go plow and get some stress relief. You well deserve it.
  • olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#8437 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 07:04 PM

Well, looking good for plowing Saturday.  My bro-in-law Fred is skipping the wedding too, so we'll load up tomorrow night.  Taking both my 2 bottom 10" and my single 12" plow.  Been mighty dry, so may be too hard for the twin, so taking both in case.   :thumbs:

Busy at work yesterday tendering two large loads, the riding with my boss while he did the spreading on 210 acres, doing 2 passes laying down winter wheat.  Today was busy in the morning, but a light afternoon.  Boss gave us all new nice S-States jackets too!

Cooking breakfast at work in the morning.  I'm taking biscuits and a dozen eggs, and Mike is bringing sausage.  We kinda take turns at stuff like this.  Very nice work environment.

• Alc, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#8438 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 07:36 PM

Oh, and soon there will be a Wheel Horse D250 in my shop....but won't be mine.  A friend of mine, and former county Judge-Executive has the D250 which he bought new.  It's not been used for a few years, and he wants me to go through it this winter so he can start using it again.  It's never sat outside overnight, and likely in pretty good shape, but I've never seen it.  I think he has several original attachments for it as well.  He came into work today & said he is redoing the building it's in, so would like to bring it soon.  Told him to bring it whenever and I'd start on it when I could.  Might be one of those machines I won't wanna see go once it gets here.  Brian (TD&H) owns one of these machines.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#8439 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 07:50 PM

What do you mean ( You wont want to see it go ) Name one in which you've restored and was glad to see it go????? :bigrofl: 

• olcowhand said thank you

#8440 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 07:54 PM

What do you mean ( You wont want to see it go ) Name one in which you've restored and was glad to see it go????? :bigrofl:

True, I don't even like to see a rust-bucket go!  :rolling:   But he doesn't want it restored, just went through mechanically, or at least that's what I understood he wants.

• Craig. said thank you

#8441 mrmd OFFLINE  

mrmd
  • Member No: 62285
  • 207 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 08:34 PM

Glad to see you're going to be there Sat. Lookin forward to seeing you again . Me and ma are holed up at Holiday Inn here in Frankfort. No hurry to get there tomorrow. Hope dad continues to improve. You sure could use a break from all of the trials you been put thru.

#8442 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 08:51 PM

Dad is doing better.  Dr doubled his insulin from 10 to 20 units as glucose levels weren't dropping.  They are starting to drop now.

• Alc, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#8443 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted October 07, 2016 - 07:55 PM

Got our tractors loaded, and some things I'd like to sell.  Just need to load my twin 10" plow in the morning.  I just plain gave out tonight.  Work was tough and non-stop.  Ate while driving delivering 5 pallets of feed/minerals to 5 different farms 50 miles out.  Was hot with no AC in the older 2 ton, but bearable.  Sure hope we have no issues going to plow.  I could use a fun day.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#8444 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted October 07, 2016 - 08:11 PM

Good Luck, Daniel. I hope you are able to relax and enjoy yourself.   :thumbs:

#8445 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted October 07, 2016 - 08:57 PM

Other family will be with Dad over the weekend, so I shouldn't have to worry about how he's doing.  Just got back in from swapping hitches.  The drop-down of Fred's with his 2 5/16" ball was too low, so I took it off his and put it on mine.  Raises the front of the trailer over 3", so will help a lot.  The way it was the ramps were so steep it made tires slip on the metal ramps.  Plus the jack would drag in certain conditions.  Better and safer to raise it up.   I'll get some pics tomorrow fer ya's!

• DougT, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks