• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 07:29 PM

Great....it isn't just this one, the daily weather one too! What is going on?

I sent in the report.  I'll make sure he knows you get the weather one too. 

• Craig. said thank you

#8357 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,736 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 08:58 PM

Are you sure you're not set to automatically subscribe to threads you post in?

• Craig. and shorty have said thanks

#8358 Diesel1050 OFFLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 348 Thanks
  • 396 posts

Posted September 15, 2016 - 05:08 AM

Correct. Not subscribed to it...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#8359 Diesel1050 OFFLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 348 Thanks
  • 396 posts

Posted September 15, 2016 - 11:24 AM

Not a biggie, normally I check the thread once a day but don't subscribe 'cause it clutters my inbox

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#8360 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted September 16, 2016 - 07:58 AM

And as for me I am subscribed, but don't get them any more. I checked my spam, deleted items, all over my email acc. and cant figure it out. GTT has checked there end and they say its on my end. The only thing I can figure is my provider is stopping them. Go Figure!

• olcowhand, Cvans and Bmerf have said thanks

#8361 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 04:05 PM

Yesterday I worked 1/2 a day, then took Teresa out to lunch.  Drove through pouring rain.  Came home & started clearing some floor in the new shop so I can start insulating the other half of the raised ceiling.  Work was fairly busy, so after straightening shop, I called it a day & passed out in my recliner.

Today started early and I got 4 runs of insulation in, and need to do 3 more tomorrow so I can put in the upper runs of metal.  Pic taken just after starting.

20160918_1026491.jpg

Then the grass dried off, so I left the shop & drove my JD F935 out to Dad's and mowed his 1+ acre, plus a lot of roadside on the way there and back.  Then I immediately started on my yards & barn areas.  Mowed about another 2 acres & just finished and came in to posting this.  Almost all my days off are spent working, but it needs done!

May go into town with Teresa tomorrow for her dentist appointment, but I'll hang out down at work while she's getting her teeth cleaned, as Southern States is right down the street from her dentist.  I forgot my lunch cooler, so I need to stop by there anyway.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#8362 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 10:26 PM

Your shop is looking good.  They are great stress relieves at times.  Just a place to do what you please and enjoy.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#8363 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 08:10 AM

Your shop is looking good.  They are great stress relieves at times.  Just a place to do what you please and enjoy.

It's served more as a stress reliever than anything so far, many times just sitting and thinking, but it'll get used more as a shop once winter arrives.  I may not get the rest of the insulation in today though, as my neck is hurting from yesterday, so I'd best be easy on it.

I have literally tons of work to do when I get to it.  A Massey 285 to split to replace what I believe is a leaking hydraulic line, my GMC Topkick needs a new diesel injector "pump to block" seal, silage wagon needs patching, other tractors need servicing, GT projects, and more. 

• Craig., KennyP and Cvans have said thanks

#8364 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 04:17 PM

Went & hung out at work while Teresa had her teeth cleaned at the dentist.  Nice watching everyone work!  Actually, things were quite slow.  Dwayne, a sales guy brought a lot of leftovers from his sister's wedding over the weekend, so he told me to pick Teresa up then come back for lunch.  So we had lunch with the work gang.  My boss Clint remarked I couldn't stay away even on my day off.   :D   

Then came home & changed oil & filter in my truck.  Teresa went to Campbellsville to get new shoes for grading apples on concrete, so I pulled the almost new radiator fan clutch off, and had her pick up a new one.  This one just isn't right.  No AC at slow speeds, and AC pressures all check out until I sped up the engine & the fan clutch totally disengages.  Then the high pressure kicks out the compressor due to lack of fan cooling.  Lifetime warranty on the clutch, so no more cash outlay at least.

20160919_1628491.jpg 20160919_1645301.jpg

• TheFarm2004, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#8365 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 04:57 PM

Warranties are good. 

• Craig. said thank you

#8366 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 05:57 PM

Dang, dang, dang!  The clutch they gave Teresa isn't correct.  Mine is a 4 bolt, while they sent the type with the large nut attachment.    I still had the original clutch, which worked better than the new replacement, so I put it back on and will take back the wrong one, and the defective new one.  This way they will (should) get me the correct one.  I sure hate buying something new & it's garbage right out of the box.  Teresa had to pay for the one today, but I'd get the money refunded when I got the defective one returned, so I can do it all at once when I get back up there.

• Craig., KennyP and Cvans have said thanks

#8367 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 10:07 PM

Just bought an alternator and it wouldn't work. So had the wife take it back for an exchange. Well this one works but has a skinny pulley on it.  :mad2:  Going to have to change the pulley for one off an old alternator. 

I don't know why but I always makes me wonder if I did something wrong when a new electrical part doesn't work. 

• Craig. said thank you

#8368 KCJAX6810 OFFLINE  

KCJAX6810
  • Member No: 84676
  • 152 Thanks
  • 97 posts

Posted September 20, 2016 - 04:17 AM

Best bet is finding part numbers and writing em down parts stores mainly AutoZone with me have a way of giving me the wrong part for the wrong (insert make/model/sub model here lol) and try to argue about and even labeling it as correct on their computer.....like a radiator fan clutch wrench for a Chevy blazer to entirely not match with a dodge magnum......I made my own they got mad and called my wife a few names......they lost a good bit of business orders too as they forgot my small engine/bike shop had a bunch of online orders ;-) any who orielly it was and part numbers helped a ton. If not? EBAY lol. I know the pain tho good sir they tried to even make the warranty void as well

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk
  • Craig. and Cvans have said thanks

#8369 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,743 posts

Posted September 20, 2016 - 04:24 PM

Best bet is finding part numbers and writing em down parts stores mainly AutoZone with me have a way of giving me the wrong part for the wrong (insert make/model/sub model here lol) and try to argue about and even labeling it as correct on their computer.....like a radiator fan clutch wrench for a Chevy blazer to entirely not match with a dodge magnum......I made my own they got mad and called my wife a few names......they lost a good bit of business orders too as they forgot my small engine/bike shop had a bunch of online orders ;-) any who orielly it was and part numbers helped a ton. If not? EBAY lol. I know the pain tho good sir they tried to even make the warranty void as well

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

I won't even stop at an Autozone! It's known around here their parts won't last a year!

#8370 KCJAX6810 OFFLINE  

KCJAX6810
  • Member No: 84676
  • 152 Thanks
  • 97 posts

Posted September 20, 2016 - 07:36 PM

i hear ya and second that. returned a waterpump for an imploded impeller........after less than a month.

Sent from my RCT6773W42B using Tapatalk
  • KennyP said thank you