8699 replies to this topic

#8296 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted August 28, 2016 - 03:12 PM

I thought the first line was a clever pun about how heath was into everything lol

Edited by toomanytoys84, August 28, 2016 - 03:12 PM.

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#8297 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 28, 2016 - 03:29 PM

The one think I miss about working a regular job is clocking out at the end of a shift. I don't know if they still use time cards anymore, but there was something about pushing that card in and getting that "THUNK" that was cathartic. No matter what happened during the day it was over. 

I clock in/out on the computer, so no "thunk" for me.  Just like signing into GTtalk.  

• Craig. said thank you

#8298 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,487 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted August 28, 2016 - 03:31 PM

I clock in/out on the computer, so no "thunk" for me.  Just like signing into GTtalk.  

Maybe you can set the puter sound to do a 'Thunk' when you hit enter!

• olcowhand, Alc, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#8299 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted August 28, 2016 - 04:35 PM

Maybe you can set the puter sound to do a 'Thunk' when you hit enter!

LOL

#8300 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 05:42 PM

I didn't lift a bag of feed today.  Mike & I painted the bed of a 2 ton flatbed today, the front wheels, and front bumper.  Ran out of thinner, plus their paint guns sucked.  I'm taking one of my guns tomorrow, and Mike is bringing one of his to see if we can spray better.  Their combined 3 guns all were put up without being properly cleaned, so surely we'll have better luck tomorrow.  But even with poor guns, the truck looks FAR better.  We have a gooseneck trailer to do next, and likely more once the bosses see the results.

They had stenciled on the front of the store counter the Southern States name & logo, planning to try to free-hand paint it,  then I asked if they wanted me to cut vinyl decals and they fell over themselves saying yes.  So I cut them and they put them on the other day and they do look great.  Bosses are very happy with them.  I didn't have the new logo in vector form, so I ordered a new DVD with company logo's, but they wanted the old logo which I already had in vector....the "Flying S's".  So that's what they got.  

I also helped unload corn into a wagon to bag for the deer hunters, and that was my day.....another hot day too.

• Craig., KennyP, sacsr and 2 others have said thanks

#8301 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 30, 2016 - 08:18 PM

Not felt my best today, but muddled through.  Drove the spray rig to 2 places while Mason did the spraying.  Then back to the store & repaired a small spray pump.  Helped load some trucks with fence posts and barb wire, then loaded customers at the dock.  Ended up either pulling s muscle or pinching a nerve in my shoulder blade right at closing time, so have some pain to deal with now.  

Tomorrow I work a half day since I work 1/2 day Saturday, and soon as I get off work it's to the funeral home for a close friend's Mom who passed away unexpectedly at 83.  Too many visits to the funeral home these days!   Losing so many of all ages.  Then Teresa & I both have Dr's appointments in the afternoon.  While out I need to pick up new blades for our Woods 15' batwing.  Pasture needs mowing badly.  I did pull the round bale wagon to the shop today to see if the flat tire will hold air overnight.  Hoping I don't have to repair it right now, so if it will hold long enough, I can get my remaining 50 rolls of hay in, then mow.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#8302 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted August 30, 2016 - 09:13 PM

Put my logo on the desk. No one will forget it. LOL

• Craig. said thank you

#8303 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 02:42 PM

Today was supposed to be 4 hours, but turned into 5, as a load of feed came in at 11am, and we had a time with busted pallets in the truck.  Hardest day of work the last 2 weeks even though 3 hours short of a normal day.

Now I've been bush hogging pasture.  Have finished 20 acres, taking a short break now, then doing some more.

• Craig., KennyP and CRFarnsworth have said thanks

#8304 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,645 Thanks
  • 1,735 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 04:51 PM

Today was supposed to be 4 hours, but turned into 5, as a load of feed came in at 11am, and we had a time with busted pallets in the truck.  Hardest day of work the last 2 weeks even though 3 hours short of a normal day.

Now I've been bush hogging pasture.  Have finished 20 acres, taking a short break now, then doing some more.

You are making me tired.  

I'm gonna go take a break!        Rick

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#8305 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,487 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 05:55 PM

Wish I could mow that fast!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#8306 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 06:05 PM

You are making me tired.  

I'm gonna go take a break!        Rick

I'm done for the day & worn flat out!

Wish I could mow that fast!

Could have mowed faster, but needing new blades but haven't had time to deal with that.  I drove slower so it would get a half decent cut.   After I finished the first 20 acres, I found one end of a blade broke off and was really shaking things.  So I went to the shop, found an old silage chopper blade and welded a length of it onto the broken blade.  Back in business!  Mowed the back hill where all the round bales still are.  Got the worst of the field mowed where cockleburrs were thick as could be, and mowed around all the hay bales.  Got tired so called it a day.  The blade I redneck repaired is holding fine!  I may try to finish the field tomorrow, but can't bring the 15' batwing back up until I fill the wash.  I darn near got hung up crossing to the back field, as the mower hitch bottomed when the rear tires dropped in the wash.  Took 3 times backing up & going forward to get across.  It would only back so far & spun, so forward was my only chance of getting out and it worked.  So I'll leave the tractor & mower down there and use another tractor to pull the bale wagon to haul out the hay, then finish mowing where the bales sat.  May be several days getting time to do it all.  I sure hope the old Hough payloader will run good enough to get the wash filled in.  It needs a good going over, but was running fine a couple months ago.

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#8307 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 04:34 PM

Got the 40 acres all mowed down.  Then came up & mowed a field close to the house.  I decided to cross the wash, but not crawling through like last time.  Came right on out.  I "might" mow the 15 acres directly behind my house tomorrow, but I might not.  Not often I get extra time off work, so may find something more enjoyable tomorrow to do.   The thing is, the ground is steep, almost the steepest I have, and the ground is just right to help the tractor stick instead of scoot & slide.  

The ragweed is thick with pollen already, and the tractor has a yellow haze to it.  So allergy sufferers get prepared for a rough season.

• MH81, Alc, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#8308 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,519 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 05:04 PM

We are expecting thunder storms with 1 to 2 inches of rain tonight so no mowing tomorrow. Might have to sneak out with the boat. 

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#8309 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 01:23 AM

Man please be careful on that hill! I no how steep it is. Behind the house has always scared me, oh & the engraved tree hill as well.
As far as the pollen, I hope ur wrong, its been such a miserable summer as it is.
  • olcowhand said thank you

#8310 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 07:33 AM

Enjoy your Day Daniel. The soul needs some R&R too.
  • olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks