• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,574 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 02:51 PM

Haven't yet taken a nap.  I'm stubborn about napping, so I went & treated the former "manure pit turned water pond" with "Aqua Shade" to help stop algae growth by blocking sun's rays that stop photosynthesis.  The algaecide alone didn't work very well.  Then put charger on my small spray rig so I can kill the crap growing through the gravel driveways.  Mike, one of the spray guys at work had to clean out his tanks, so I have some good stuff to spray.  Too breezy now for any spraying, so it can wait.

Dad fell after I left him last night!   He said he was going straight to bed after he used the bathroom and told me to turn off the kitchen & living room lights.  His bedroom is next to the bathroom.  He said he had decided he forgot something (he can't remember what now) in the living room (which is a converted carport with a step-up to the original house) and fell when he mis-gauged the step.  He has a swollen brow and his eye will likely be fully black by tomorrow.  VERY lucky he's ok, albeit a little banged up.   He gell onto glazed tile set over concrete!  He drove down here today & told me about it.  I urged him to go on home & lie down & rest for a while & said he was.  I sure hope he will.  I'll check on him later.

I need to mow, but I think I'll wait till tomorrow.  It can wait as well as the spraying.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#8117 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,649 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 03:14 PM

Dang! Get your Dad fixed from one thing and another pops up. Hope he gets over the fall soon.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#8118 SupplySergeant OFFLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,079 Thanks
  • 655 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 07:00 PM

Glad the blood was nothing serious! My mother-in-law falls a lot, it can be a terrifying experience. We'll pray for all of the Perkins! 

#8119 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,574 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 12:33 PM

Sold a Craftsman DYT4000 to my nephew this afternoon.  Bought it at the Brinly Hardy auction last Fall.  Perfect condition, and should last him a long time if cared for.  Never even tried selling it yet, but my brother knows I mess with them and he stopped and asked yesterday if I had any for sale.  So I have some fun money!

• Craig., KennyP, Cvans and 2 others have said thanks

#8120 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,473 Thanks
  • 5,007 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 06:03 PM

Funny munny is a good thing.  :thumbs:

#8121 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,574 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 08:31 PM

Not the most productive day at work, but not too bad.  Repaired 3 fence chargers, then helped load a tender truck with fertilize.  Randall drove the load, but a break chamber blew out, so I had to take the other tender to offload into it.  Randall took the load on.  I had to load fertilizer for a tobacco farmer, so I had to borrow a small tender truck from the E-town store.  Delivered that, then it was quitting time.  The area boss told me he wants me to come in at 7am instead of the usual 8am this time of year.  He said he wanted to fill me in on the "new program".  I asked if it was a good program, and he smiled and said yes, it sure was.  No idea what's up, but not getting my hopes up for anything life altering.  Likely more responsibilities for the same pay.  Long as I'm still employed I'll be happy!

Got some seat time on my Massey 1655D using the FEL to move some scrap steel to the pile & smoothing dirt around the dumpster.  Then I pumped waste oil from several 5 gallon buckets into my furnace supply tank.  Got about 200 gallons now, so should have enough to last most the winter piddling & repairing things.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#8122 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,649 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 05:36 AM

Good luck with the new program! Glad you got some seat time!

#8123 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,445 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 05:40 AM

Don't be so sure your not going to move up in the co. There are a lot of workers that are very good at a few things but you can troubleshoot ,repair , rebuild just about ANYTHING !

Edited by Alc, July 12, 2016 - 05:41 AM.

• olcowhand, TheFarm2004, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#8124 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,574 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 06:15 AM

Just a change for the day. A couple guys on vacation, so filling in. They have a way of making bigger deals of nothing.
  • Craig., KennyP and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#8125 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,574 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted July 15, 2016 - 02:07 PM

Been awfully hot and busy, both work and home tending heifers. 15Hrs at work yesterday. Snapped a driveshaft in spray nurse truck this morning. Clutch and trans been giving problems. Driving another nurse truck now. Maybe work a little overtime today but should be off tomorrow.
  • TheFarm2004, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#8126 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,574 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 11:32 AM

At my brother's house checking his Briggs V-twin on his Skag ZTR.  Was what I suspected, a dropped push rod on an exhaust rocker.  The rod went down into the block, so it's gonna require pulling the engine.  I had sold his son a Craftsman YT4000, so he came & picked it up so they could get his Dad's lawn mowed today.  My brother talked like he'd do the repair, but he really doesn't need to take it on.  Likely he'll need me to do it.  Best the head comes off to check the valve & guide close.  Sometimes the guides move in the head due to buildup of crud on the valve stem.  Stem hangs up just long enough that the pushrod falls out of place.

• Craig., KennyP and Cvans have said thanks

#8127 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,574 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 06:29 PM

Closer inspection revealed the exhaust valve guide migrated upward till the spring cap bottomed against it, bending the push rod.  He's likely going to buy a new head assembly & related parts needed.

Went this evening to pay my final respects to my friend Roger Well's Dad who passed away Friday.  I spent many a Sunday afternoon at their home when I was a kid.  Sad to see him gone.  He was 83.

• Craig., KennyP, UncleWillie and 1 other said thanks

#8128 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,574 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted July 23, 2016 - 04:34 PM

Heat index at 105F today.  At work till noon, then Teresa & I went out for dinner and picked up a few groceries.  Came home & got a few round bales in, then decided it was too blamed hot!  Came in & may not go back out till sundown.

Tomorrow is funeral home visitation for my 1st cousin who died in a motorcycle accident.  Spent many a night at his childhood home with him as kids.  He was a great guy with a personality everyone loved.  Gonna miss him a lot, even though I didn't get to see him often.  Life is fleeting!  You guys be safe in all you do!  

• DougT, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#8129 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,574 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted July 23, 2016 - 09:24 PM

Brought in 20 hay rolls from the field this evening after temps dropped. Just bringing 2 rolls at a time. 50 more to go, but have to fill in a ditch first to cross to get to those 50 rolls.
  • Craig. and CRFarnsworth have said thanks

#8130 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 06:20 AM

Rain made ditch??

• olcowhand said thank you