OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 06:44 PM

Sure am glad that it turned out to be a little less serious than they first thought.

Let's hope that this is the only time she has to go through that.

• olcowhand said thank you

#767 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 06:46 PM

Is that why us old folks need to put stuff on our hands so we can move them?  Guess I'm out of oil as well.  :(

Glad to hear the surgery went well and I hope they find the cause of the Gland going crazy. :thumbs:

• olcowhand said thank you

#768 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 07:26 PM

Getting caught up myself tonite. Good to hear that you're as well as can be, let us know when you get the results back from the Vet. ;)
Also good to see that her surgery went well, hope the Drs. can find out what's up with the gland.

Edited by Michiganmobileman, March 27, 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#769 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 08:21 PM

I was SO going to make a comment about all of you guys and lack of oil in your hands but since there are youngin's here I will keep them to myself............ :bigrofl:

• Team_Green said thank you

#770 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 08:46 PM

I was SO going to make a comment about all of you guys and lack of oil in your hands but since there are youngin's here I will keep them to myself............ :bigrofl:

Robert, thanks for keeping that to yourself.  :smilewink:   When I first posted about the oil in the palm, I was afraid where it could lead! LOL

#771 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 10:53 PM

Oh my word Daniel, I thought I had a tough week this week @ work. After reading about this day of yours, I wont be able to complain for 3 weeks lol....... (It would of been funny to of seen a video of that lol)

#772 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 11:00 PM

Glad to here thing are looking up the Teri, I will keep her in our thoughts..

#773 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 11:02 PM

Man Daniel when do you have time to blog?

#774 56series OFFLINE  

56series
  • Member No: 30979
  • 31 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 05:52 AM

Glad to hear everything is ok. 

Hope the Vet has good news for you too! :smilewink:   

Jason

#775 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 08:10 AM

I'm glad to hear she did well. 

As to lack of hand oil, perhaps you could borrow some elbow grease for a transplant.

#776 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 08:47 AM

Robert, thanks for keeping that to yourself.  :smilewink:   When I first posted about the oil in the palm, I was afraid where it could lead! LOL

I'm sure there are a few on here that had a good morning laugh over it..  :D  Good to hear all went well with the doc..  Now to get that gland looked after.  :thumbs:

#777 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 01:43 PM

Today must be a test, as everything I've gone to do has been difficult.  1st thing....got to the cow lot to walk the cows to the parlor before dawn.  ALL the cows were out in the lot instead of the stalls laying down....ears straight up!  Something had them spooked.  Tried walking them down, then they took off running.  Okay, you might think it's good they ran to the holding pen....NO.....they came running BACK!   Had to just get out of the way.  Went through this cycle 3 times before they finally calmed down.  The 2,000lb bull however was TICKED!  He was NOT going in, and did NOT want to let me pass.  We had a serious stare down & talk, then he finally went on past me going off with his bawling & snorting.  Got the cows milked without too much problem though.  I would have got the "Zap Stick" and given him a treat, but if I'd have walked off to get it at that point, I am SURE the cows would have taken off yet again.   

Then had to go get our old Chevy 2 ton our sawmill buddy a few miles away had filled with sawdust for me.  When I get there, the starter (brand new) sounded awful but finally fired the engine.   Then as I approached the highway, one of the brakes wouldn't release.  Kept working the pedal, then finally we're off!   Get home, and the hydraulic lift pump for the truck hoist is too low on oil to lift enough to dump.  Have to locate a funnel & put in some hydraulic oil.  Finally get the sawdust dumped.   Then helped Dad put the MF285 back together partly.  After that Dad took over & I went to ready equipment to haul some manure tomorrow if the fields allow.  ALL 3 tractors are low on fuel, so 95 gallons later they are full.  (filled loader & MF1100 yesterday with 50 gallons)  

Got the 2 MF2745's hooked to the manure wagons, and all 8 tires on the wagons are low.  Went to air them up & my tire attachment blows it's hose....repair that.  Finally get all aired & wagons greased....ready to go.  Then got the MF2705 out to hook to the manure pit pump.  Had a beast of a time getting the pto hooked up.  Finally all hooked up and greasing....grease gun runs outta grease!  Time for a cup of coffee by this time, so here I am talking to you guys.  Cup almost empty, so about time to go finish that chore, then stir the manure a bit.  After that it will be feeding time.  8600lbs of silage, and 1900lbs of feed supplement later & I will be off farm duty.  Then I need to pull the front left off my daughter's car to fix the brakes.  Long day & not done yet, but I'll git-R-dun.  Heartburn has made this day much worse also.  Gonna take a swig of Pepto as I go out the door.  I think I'll sleep well tonight!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#778 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 04:00 PM

Just finished chores, and I too am finished.  I have no energy left at all.  Starter solenoid came in for my Kubota G4200, so I "might" install it.  Doubt I do the brakes on the car.  She doesn't have to have it done right away.

#779 SamMC OFFLINE  

SamMC
  • Member No: 30776
  • 208 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 04:27 PM

Super soaker! The ultimate squirtgun.

#780 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor