• Please log in to reply
8700 replies to this topic

#7726 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 10:39 AM

The last time I looked, this is the OFF TOPIC forum and is the place where we are supposed to post 'non tractor stuff.

I am new enough to the board that I likely don't get a vote, but that doesn't mean I don't have an opinion...... Personally, I think this quote is spot on... It is an Off Topic area so the reader can expect non garden tractor related posts. There are many specific areas that address specific tractor related topics. So much so, the issue becomes one of deciding which area to post. I am presently struggling with that dilemma.......

IMHO, the dissent just proves that some will complain their free ice cream is cold.....
  • olcowhand, TheFarm2004, MH81 and 6 others have said thanks

#7727 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,657 Thanks
  • 1,740 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 05:49 PM

IMHO, the dissent just proves that some will complain their free ice cream is cold.....

What Ice Cream? Where is the Ice Cream. I didn't get any Ice Cream!  :mad2:                Rick

• olcowhand, Craig., oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#7728 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 06:44 PM

What Ice Cream? Where is the Ice Cream. I didn't get any Ice Cream!  :mad2:                Rick

:rolling: Perfect example of me getting a laugh from the antics of family, this is exactly why I love this site !

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#7729 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 06:55 PM

What Ice Cream? Where is the Ice Cream. I didn't get any Ice Cream! :mad2: Rick

Ice cream is in the freezer at my place. Sorry, no deliveries, must call in person to collect...... By appointment only....

Edited by camdigger, April 18, 2016 - 06:57 PM.

• olcowhand, TheFarm2004, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#7730 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • 3,657 Thanks
  • 1,740 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 06:58 PM

All I know is, that after supper i'm having Ice Cream, and reading what Daniel has posted!      :thumbs: ​     Rick

#7731 Cub 1650 OFFLINE  

Cub 1650

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 975
  • 105 Thanks
  • 79 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 06:59 PM

Daniel, I looking forward to your post every day.  It is all ways good to hear about what is going on.

Thanks for your post!!!

#7732 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 07:02 PM

Ice cream is in the freezer at my place. Sorry, no deliveries, must call in person to collect...... By appointment only....

FYI, next available appointment is July 23/24....
  • olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#7733 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • 3,657 Thanks
  • 1,740 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 08:07 PM

FYI, next available appointment is July 23/24....

That would be good for me. My b-day is on the 21st. can we have cake too?

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#7734 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • 3,657 Thanks
  • 1,740 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 08:09 PM

Now to get back on topic;   Daniel  keep on keeping on!     Rick

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#7735 mrmd OFFLINE  

mrmd
  • Member No: 62285
  • 207 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 08:43 PM

Wait a minute. Cake and ice cream. Two of the essential daily nutrients. I went to Kentucky to plow dirt I darn sure would go to Canada for cake and ice cream.
  • MH81, KennyP, jpackard56 and 1 other said thanks

#7736 mrmd OFFLINE  

mrmd
  • Member No: 62285
  • 207 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 08:44 PM

By the way Daniel where is your daily post?
  • Craig. and camdigger have said thanks

#7737 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 08:48 PM

Today was going way too smoothly at work.  I made 3 offloads with the tender truck and no issues, and heard of no issues with any coworkers.  Then I made my last run of the day.........you guessed it....problems.  Made it 20 miles into my 50 mile delivery, and air warning comes on.  I'm down to 65psi, so pull off the Western Parkway.  I shut off the truck, crawl all under to listen for leaks, and hear none.  Restart the truck and still can't hear a leak.  I knew it had to be at the pump, as I was holding 60psi fine.  Restart the truck again & start feeling for air, which is kinda hard with that big radiator fan blowing air like mad.  Then I found it was the main outlet at the pump.  A 5/8" air line leaking at the fitting.  Not a tool in the truck, so had to think.  Found nylon string where the road crew used it for aligning guard rails or something.  I tied off the air line in 2 directions, then pulled these 2 sets of strings together for a bowstring tight fit.  That pulled the angled line hard down into the fitting.  I had called my boss, but he hadn't left yet, so I told him to stay put, that I had it rigged.  Kept a full 120psi the rest of the trip.  I offloaded, then went back to the store where I checked the line.  Turns out wrenches wouldn't have helped, as the line was never installed correctly.  The ferrule was just at the end, so it squeezed the very end of the line down to 1/2" and was lucky it held onto it this long.  The ferrule should be at least 1/4" past the end of the air line.  Gotta stop by a parts house in the morning for some ferrules.  Quick fix once I have one.  14 hours non-stop today.

Below is a pic of my McGyver string apparatus.

P_20160418_2046271.jpg

• TheFarm2004, MH81, Craig. and 5 others have said thanks

#7738 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 08:52 PM

Nice fix. Good thing someone littered so you had materials to work with. 

#7739 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,644 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 08:52 PM

Wait a minute. Cake and ice cream. Two of the essential daily nutrients. I went to Kentucky to plow dirt I darn sure would go to Canada for cake and ice cream.

:rolling:

Thanks, needed that.

You bunch of goofs actually made me eventually smile
:thank_you:
  • olcowhand, TheFarm2004, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks

#7740 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,644 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 08:53 PM

Today was going way too smoothly at work.  I made 3 offloads with the tender truck and no issues, and heard of no issues with any coworkers.  Then I made my last run of the day.........you guessed it....problems.  Made it 20 miles into my 50 mile delivery, and air warning comes on.  I'm down to 65psi, so pull off the Western Parkway.  I shut off the truck, crawl all under to listen for leaks, and hear none.  Restart the truck and still can't hear a leak.  I knew it had to be at the pump, as I was holding 60psi fine.  Restart the truck again & start feeling for air, which is kinda hard with that big radiator fan blowing air like mad.  Then I found it was the main outlet at the pump.  A 5/8" air line leaking at the fitting.  Not a tool in the truck, so had to think.  Found nylon string where the road crew used it for aligning guard rails or something.  I tied off the air line in 2 directions, then pulled these 2 sets of strings together for a bowstring tight fit.  That pulled the angled line hard down into the fitting.  I had called my boss, but he hadn't left yet, so I told him to stay put, that I had it rigged.  Kept a full 120psi the rest of the trip.  I offloaded, then went back to the store where I checked the line.  Turns out wrenches wouldn't have helped, as the line was never installed correctly.  The ferrule was just at the end, so it squeezed the very end of the line down to 1/2" and was lucky it held onto it this long.  The ferrule should be at least 1/4" past the end of the air line.  Gotta stop by a parts house in the morning for some ferrules.  Quick fix once I have one.  14 hours non-stop today.
 Below is a pic of my McGyver string apparatus.

attachicon.gifP_20160418_2046271.jpg

Nice roadside fix.
Glad you didn't have it pop clear off.
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks