• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 17, 2016 - 06:09 PM

To please those who don't think non GT related posts belong on this site, when Brian comes up, we will be loading a Massey 1650 of Brian's I picked up, a diesel engine that will be going into this Massey, loading a deck going to Texas to another member of this site, and Brian will be dropping off some Bush Hog things to me, and I'll send a Bush Hog push blade for him.  Also, Josh (member SupplySergeant) will be loading up a Brinly box blade and aerator/seeder that will be going to his place.  

Just because life takes all one's free time away from spending time on GT's, there is nothing wrong with posts about everyday life and how it changes.  I agree some posts can go over the top, and we try to stay on top of those, but we have lives other than GT's, and I see nothing wrong with it.  My posts have nothing to do with raising my post count, and I truly don't care one bit if I have a post count number or not.  For the most part, those who have issues with people posting about other things than GT's, I consider hard to please anyway, so I can't and won't spend time worrying about it.  

• DougT, TheFarm2004, MH81 and 20 others have said thanks

#7712 mrmd OFFLINE  

mrmd
  • Member No: 62285
  • 207 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted April 17, 2016 - 06:22 PM

I for one look forward to your posts everyday. Having been to your farm puts me in closer contact with you and your issues. With the hours you,'ve been working I been wondering when the cows will be coming home(not). At least with this job you can come home and not have to think about it. I doubt that ever happened much when you were milking. Keep up the postings, I enjoy.
  • olcowhand, TheFarm2004, MH81 and 8 others have said thanks

#7713 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted April 17, 2016 - 06:28 PM

I love your postings, Daniel! They are about life in general, which all of us have to deal with every day.

• olcowhand, TheFarm2004, Mr Electrak and 8 others have said thanks

#7714 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,084 Thanks
  • 658 posts

Posted April 17, 2016 - 06:49 PM

I read this thread every morning. If nothing else, it serves to remind me that I am not the only one who can't spend the time and money on GT's that I'd like. 

• olcowhand, TheFarm2004, Mr Electrak and 5 others have said thanks

#7715 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 17, 2016 - 07:05 PM

I thought threads like this is what makes this site feel more like a family gathering then just another GT site!!

• olcowhand, TheFarm2004, Mr Electrak and 10 others have said thanks

#7716 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 17, 2016 - 08:11 PM

Today came mixed feelings.  Said goodbye to equipment we've used for many years on this farm.  I'm especially going to miss the Cat wheel loader.  Paying off the balance of the farm debt though, so needed done.

P_20160417_1218031.jpg P_20160417_1131401.jpg P_20160417_1131561.jpg

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 11 others have said thanks

#7717 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 17, 2016 - 08:27 PM

Yes, I'm sure it was rough seeing that stuff head down the road for sure. Glad it brought enough to pay off the farm, that's a great deal!!

• olcowhand, Craig., MFDAC and 3 others have said thanks

#7718 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted April 17, 2016 - 08:33 PM

To please those who don't think non GT related posts belong on this site, when Brian comes up, we will be loading a Massey 1650 of Brian's I picked up, a diesel engine that will be going into this Massey, loading a deck going to Texas to another member of this site, and Brian will be dropping off some Bush Hog things to me, and I'll send a Bush Hog push blade for him.  Also, Josh (member SupplySergeant) will be loading up a Brinly box blade and aerator/seeder that will be going to his place.  
  Just because life takes all one's free time away from spending time on GT's, there is nothing wrong with posts about everyday life and how it changes.  I agree some posts can go over the top, and we try to stay on top of those, but we have lives other than GT's, and I see nothing wrong with it.  My posts have nothing to do with raising my post count, and I truly don't care one bit if I have a post count number or not.  For the most part, those who have issues with people posting about other things than GT's, I consider hard to please anyway, so I can't and won't spend time worrying about it.

Well said.
  • olcowhand, DougT, TheFarm2004 and 9 others have said thanks

#7719 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 02:29 AM

To please those who don't think non GT related posts belong on this site, ...

The last time I looked, this is the OFF TOPIC forum and is the place where we are supposed to post 'non tractor stuff.

• olcowhand, Mr Electrak, Texas Deere and Horse and 8 others have said thanks

#7720 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 05:33 AM

AMEN!

• Texas Deere and Horse, jpackard56 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#7721 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 05:35 AM

The last time I looked, this is the OFF TOPIC forum and is the place where we are supposed to post 'non tractor stuff.

Last time I looked to!! Some idiots like to spout off before reading where there at.
  • olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, MFDAC and 4 others have said thanks

#7722 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 06:17 AM

Today came mixed feelings.  Said goodbye to equipment we've used for many years on this farm.  I'm especially going to miss the Cat wheel loader.  Paying off the balance of the farm debt though, so needed done.

attachicon.gifP_20160417_1218031.jpgattachicon.gifP_20160417_1131401.jpgattachicon.gifP_20160417_1131561.jpg

So does this mean that the farm will be debt free in the near future? If it does, I bet that will make life better for you and family. Not having debt hanging over your head makes a person feel alot more in control of their life.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#7723 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 09:14 AM

I thought threads like this is what makes this site feel more like a family gathering then just another GT site!!

This also is well said :thumbs:

• olcowhand, Craig., HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#7724 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 09:15 AM

Yep ! that's the way I interpret those words too !

• Craig. said thank you

#7725 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 10:21 AM

I read this thread every morning. If nothing else, it serves to remind me that I am not the only one who can't spend the time and money on GT's that I'd like. 

I am not a supporter on any other site, although on occasion I do visit one brand specific site. I have a couple friends over there that if they are on here I don't recognize their handle.

This site is my connection to other GT folks no matter what part of the country or even the world. I especially enjoy reading posts from the folks from other parts of the world, whether it is specifically GT or just happenings in their community/family. I enjoy the other hobbies, places, work, and interactions folks discuss, it is what makes this a family. Sure on occasion something comes through that I won't share with my wife---BUT lets be honest, she hears/sees much worse in the news everyday. I think the moderators do an excellent job of keeping this site on the family orientated path. I like that we have so many different topic sections to interact with. I can go to a specific section like a reference library, I can go to a section to get a laugh, I can see what different folks I've met are up to, I learn about other countries, different work positions, a plethora of different tractors and tools, different ways to accomplish tasks, garner ideas on how to save a buck, see places in photos that I'll likely never see in person,....the list goes on and on. I am no longer in the military, so NOBODY forces me to read anything I don't want to anymore...

I'm on here because I want to be.

You know that feeling you get when you've been away from home too long and the minute you pull in you kinda get that internal sigh of relief cause your home (ya, you see the grass needs done and the fence that's down) but inside you just feel kinda warm and fuzzy like it all is gonna be O.K. now....   That is similar to what GTT does for me, THANK YOU MODERATORS and EVERYBODY  ELSE FOR BEING FAMILY !!

• olcowhand, DougT, OldBuzzard and 10 others have said thanks