• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 38,488 Thanks
  • 30,608 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 11:26 PM

Wow, paying the farm off is GREAT news. I know you have missed emotions about it, but you know it's the best deal in the end for you.

There are unknowns concerning moms nursing home expenses that could come to haunt me, but I'll have to deal with it if it does.

Do you have a warm place you can park it?

Would be expensive even with waste oil heat to keep it warm, as I wouldn't have enough and would have to use diesel. But keeping it under roof would be enough to make it start easier. I can deal with the steering.
  • Craig. said thank you

#7667 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,004 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 04:16 AM

Wow never thought I'd live to hear that ether. Thats really quite awesome.
  • olcowhand said thank you

#7668 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 34,765 Thanks
  • 43,798 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 04:53 AM

That is good news to hear!

#7669 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,737 Thanks
  • 5,580 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 07:18 AM

Congrats on getting  the farm paid off.

I do hope that doesn't haunt you and your dad when it comes to nursing home expenses, those places can about take everything you own in some cases

Can't believe it's been a year since you stopped milking, man how time flies.

Speaking of the farm....what is Josh doing now for work?

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#7670 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 761 Thanks
  • 261 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 07:28 AM

Being debt free is a nice place to live. Congratulations!

#7671 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,488 Thanks
  • 30,608 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 06:16 PM

Congrats on getting  the farm paid off.

I do hope that doesn't haunt you and your dad when it comes to nursing home expenses, those places can about take everything you own in some cases

Can't believe it's been a year since you stopped milking, man how time flies.

Speaking of the farm....what is Josh doing now for work?

Got GREAT news today!  Dad went to the finance office of the nursing home today, and I guess my sister just got the wrong person when she spoke to them.  Turns out Mom's medicare and doughnut hole insurance will cover 100% up to 100 days.  Then a 2 week home stint and she'll qualify for another 100 days.  What a financial burden lightened!  

Yes, it's been a year since dairying in 17 days!  Seems longer than that in many ways, but things are smoothing out slowly.

Josh is full time at AGC, where they manufacture car windshields & other automotive glass.  He'll be working there 1 year come July, but company employee only since January.  Before that he was hired through a temp service, so now his wages are pretty decent.  

I have a feeling I may end up being full time at Southern States, but only time will tell.  Even part time after the spring rush would keep me afloat, but full time would for sure.

I won't personally be debt free, but I don't owe enough to be a problem.  At least no farm debt in a week or so, and that will be awesome!

• TheFarm2004, MH81, Alc and 6 others have said thanks

#7672 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,488 Thanks
  • 30,608 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 06:23 PM

Today at work I cleaned up the shop, then rebuilt some spreader spinner assemblies.  Work provided a northern bean lunch, and some awesomely good fried potatoes, and lasagna.  They do this about once every 2 weeks.  Then back to cleaning.  Then we were told the loaner Vector spreader would arrive in 20 minutes, so the boss sent 2 of us to help pull the broken one onto the lowboy trailer after the loaner was driven off.  Took quite a while getting the broken Vector aligned proper on the lowboy, but finally did.  Then the boss called just before closing time and sent me to repair a spreader buggy, so got an hour overtime today.

• MH81, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 3 others have said thanks

#7673 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 9,085 Thanks
  • 5,555 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 08:36 PM

At least this time "buying the farm" is a good thing!
  • olcowhand and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#7674 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,004 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 04:04 AM

Agreed!

#7675 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,837 Thanks
  • 1,434 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 06:45 AM

Agreed!

Great ! The news about nursing care is also great, those charges can really get out of hand quickly. So glad some things are finally looking better for you folks.

#7676 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,955 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 06:54 AM

Very happy that things are working out for you and your family Daniel.
The two weeks home for Mom may be a readjustment for everyone.
Especially as health changes occur, but the clock reset on the home will be so worth it.
  • olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#7677 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,488 Thanks
  • 30,608 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 08:35 PM

Well, I have bad news today.  Dad dreamed up about the nursing home charges being covered.  He did speak with them, but none of what he told me was correct according to what the nursing home people told my sister today on the phone.  Seems these days he forms his own versions of reality a lot.  What he wishes becomes "his" reality.  The nursing home charges are NOT covered at all, and it is costing roughly $6,600.00 per month.  When Dad told me it was covered, I thought it too good to be true, and I guess it is.  Oh well, it is what it is, and so much for my feeling a bit taller.  Dad called upset just a while ago, so I told him I'd go on my lunch break & get it in writing just what the financial status is.  I've a feeling I have a lot of grief ahead dealing with Dad's memory.

As to work today, my boss gave me a couple great compliments.  He sent me to modify a 3pt sprayer he special ordered for a blueberry grower.  He said I was the perfect man for the job as he knew I'd figure out how to set it up.  I got it modified and the buyer was very happy.  When I got back to the store I went straight to the shop to finish putting a new air ride suspension bag under one of the transfer trucks.  I texted the boss to tell him the sprayer owner was happy and that I was working on the truck.  He texted in reply "You da man".   Earlier today though, I had a very painful incident.  While driving out a break shoe pin from the transfer truck using a 3lb shop hammer and a long drift pin, the hammer (worn rounded) glanced off the pin & hit the side of my knee joint.  And I was putting my body behind that hammer.  I can barely push a clutch, and when I pulled the repaired truck from their shop, I had to use my right foot due to the pain.  Sure hoping it's not too bad tomorrow.

I just now got in from getting some of the sold machinery ready for towing to the new owners.  Leg is hurting bad, but it's gotta be done, plus it helped some to keep busy with all the family issues going on.  Yesterday I felt so relieved, but that's gone now.  :(

I know now I must have full time employment to make ends meet, so I'm hoping & praying I can earn a spot full time at Southern States.  Sorry to rant on, but sometimes it helps to just put things down in writing.  Plus it sometimes comes in handy when I forget things!

• Craig., KennyP, MFDAC and 2 others have said thanks

#7678 SupplySergeant OFFLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,590 Thanks
  • 905 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 08:39 PM

The knee sounds painful! Can you use any anti-inflammatories with your blood thinners?

Sorry to hear the bad news about nursing home costs. I just hope you get everything figured out.

#7679 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,955 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 08:39 PM

Sorry Daniel
Both the knee and the home.

As for Dad, he's not getting a cold, is he. My grandma always got much worse when a cold came on.

#7680 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,488 Thanks
  • 30,608 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 08:46 PM

The knee sounds painful! Can you use any anti-inflammatories with your blood thinners?

Sorry to hear the bad news about nursing home costs. I just hope you get everything figured out.

Sorry Daniel
Both the knee and the home.

As for Dad, he's not getting a cold, is he. My grandma always got much worse when a cold came on.

Thanks so much guys.  No anti-inflammatories for me I'm afraid.  I sure miss Ibuprofin too!

Dad doesn't have a cold.  I'm afraid he's been doing this for a while now, but getting worse, and I assume brought on from strain over Mom being in the nursing home, and the financials.

My side of my knee joint doesn't look at all that bad, especially being on thinners that usually make huge bruises, but I've never bruised easily.  I'm just glad it didn't catch my knee cap, as it would have ripped it loose and I'd have been in really rough shape.

But I'm telling you, when I hit it, it nearly brought tears to my eyes, but I walked it off.  The stresses over family issues did however bring me to tears this evening.  I worked that off.

P_20160412_2138481.jpg

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks