• Please log in to reply
8699 replies to this topic

#7351 easternharvest OFFLINE  

easternharvest
  • Member No: 80494
  • 154 Thanks
  • 140 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 10:38 PM

So I know I'm coming late on the poo story (hilarious!) But I think I can top that... in high school I worked at a dairy in PA milking 200+ head twice a day. Well one day was tasked with weed wacking around the open concrete poo holding tank. Well teen with Walkman + knee high wall = yep, swimming in poo! Walkman didn't make it! Moms minivan $tunk for along while. Didn't mean to hijack post, just wanted to share.

Edited by easternharvest, February 24, 2016 - 12:04 AM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#7352 milkman44 OFFLINE  

milkman44
  • Member No: 78911
  • 97 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 09:53 AM

Yesterday was a good day to do things, but sounds like you had two days stuff to do in one. I had a Dr appt in Etown and got out about 11:00 so called my buddy that lives down there. I went down and he was switching tires on one of his trailers and burning trash at the same time, caught his wood pile on fire and had to carry water from the house in a bucket to put it out, We decided to take his '34 Plymouth coupe for a drive and wound up on Ball Hollow rd. He was showing me where his Rhino now lives and it's across from your place. We pulled in by your shop and didn't see anyone around so we left, did see Hogzilla setting there all shiny. If you hear of two hooligans in an old car at your place, they are just harmless old men. Looking forward to April!!

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#7353 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 10:10 AM

Yesterday was a good day to do things, but sounds like you had two days stuff to do in one. I had a Dr appt in Etown and got out about 11:00 so called my buddy that lives down there. I went down and he was switching tires on one of his trailers and burning trash at the same time, caught his wood pile on fire and had to carry water from the house in a bucket to put it out, We decided to take his '34 Plymouth coupe for a drive and wound up on Ball Hollow rd. He was showing me where his Rhino now lives and it's across from your place. We pulled in by your shop and didn't see anyone around so we left, did see Hogzilla setting there all shiny. If you hear of two hooligans in an old car at your place, they are just harmless old men. Looking forward to April!!

I am so sorry I missed you!  We were both at the house and I saw a maroon coupe pull out but not in time to flag you down.  I was on the phone with mom's nurse.  Sure wish we could have met, and it's a darn shame given you were right here!  

If you're talking about the green Rhino ATV....it's in sad shape.  Not ran in quite a while.  Those neighbors can trash things in a hurry!  If you come by again, be sure to come to the house if you don't find me outside.  

• Craig. said thank you

#7354 milkman44 OFFLINE  

milkman44
  • Member No: 78911
  • 97 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 10:29 AM

I am so sorry I missed you!  We were both at the house and I saw a maroon coupe pull out but not in time to flag you down.  I was on the phone with mom's nurse.  Sure wish we could have met, and it's a darn shame given you were right here!  

If you're talking about the green Rhino ATV....it's in sad shape.  Not ran in quite a while.  Those neighbors can trash things in a hurry!  If you come by again, be sure to come to the house if you don't find me outside.  

Thanks, I'll sure do that, just didn't want to bother you unannounced and you sure had your hands full to boot.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#7355 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 12:03 PM

Working on putting in the insulation batting in the half of the ceiling that's been reroofed.  Got 3 runs in, but several to go.   Shop is tight with the trailer & everything else in there, but I managed to clear enough room to maneuver the man lift.

Gotta run out to meet the nurse when she visits mom in just a few minutes.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#7356 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 03:14 PM

Nurse visit with Mom went better.  her blood pressure is not as low, INR # is great.  She still isn't eating or drinking quite enough, but the nurse will see if her Dr can prescribe something to spur her appetite.

As to the rest of the day to this point, I've been putting up more ceiling insulation.  Just 3 sections to go, but my neck said to quit for the day, so I have.  With a little luck, I might get some metal up tomorrow.  The metal has to be cut down to 10' sections and cleaned first.

P_20160224_1505561.jpg

• Craig., KennyP, CRFarnsworth and 1 other said thanks

#7357 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 03:35 PM

Looks mighty fine from here! I'd have to pass that job off to Steve or lay on my back!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#7358 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 03:46 PM

Looks mighty fine from here! I'd have to pass that job off to Steve or lay on my back!

I did pretty good to do this at all, considering I've had cervical surgery.  But the metal will likely prove harder, so send Steve!  :smilewink:

#7359 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 04:37 PM

I did pretty good to do this at all, considering I've had cervical surgery.  But the metal will likely prove harder, so send Steve!  :smilewink:

It'll be COD! And you can feed him for a while!

#7360 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 06:00 PM

So is that the last of the insulating..You'll find it cooler inside in the summer as well.Always nice to get insulating etc: finished up with. Looks good.

• Craig. said thank you

#7361 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 06:02 PM

Not driven the Mountaineer much yet, just the trip home from the dealership and back up there today to finish paperwork.  But Teresa drove it to Elizabethtown today, and it had 85 total miles we've driven, and the avg mpg was 16.8.  16 even is considered avg mpg.  After I drove to Campbellsville & back, it now reads 17.4 avg mpg.  Not too bad considering it is a large SUV with AWD.  My Grand Cherokee got between 19 and 20 avg with 4WD kicked out.  The ride is ultra quiet & smooth compared to the Jeep, so worth a mile or 2 on the mpg to us.  It must be almost a foot longer than the Jeep too, as it takes a lot more garage space.  Tons more legroom and cargo room.  On drives more than 45 minutes, the Jeep would cause my right leg (leg that had the clots) to cramp, and I'd have to get out to stretch my legs.  This SUV has enough leg room to completely straighten my leg while driving, which is another great plus to me.

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#7362 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 06:08 PM

So is that the last of the insulating..You'll find it cooler inside in the summer as well.Always nice to get insulating etc: finished up with. Looks good.

The last till my roofer does the other pitch of roof, but yes, this ceiling is the last UNLESS later I decide to also blow insulation on top of the dropped ceiling.  That area only has double-bubble under the roof.  I doubt I'll need to blow in insulation there though, and if I did, it won't be anytime soon.  Kinda wish I hadn't bolted down the manual tire changer already, as it blocks parallel use of the man-lift for those last 3 sections of insulation.  I'll have to go in perpendicular on both sides of the changer to do that.

#7363 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 06:42 PM

Not too bad considering it is a large SUV with AWD.  

That ain't large. My 94 K1500 suburban (WarBeast) got 22 mpg. Although, I am not hard on a gas pedal. Now the BlueOx half that. Big blocks are thirsty.

#7364 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 06:48 PM

The Suburbans are in a league of their own!  

• Craig. and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#7365 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 06:58 PM

You need a name for the moutaineer. Willy always out does everyone on that front.
  • Craig. said thank you