• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 08:57 PM

I'm fortunate that I don't care for any type of greens (spinach/kale/turnip, etc).  Green beans I love, and they are pretty low in vitamin K and can eat lots of them with no bad effects.  I love broccoli w/cheese, and they aren't too high in K, but I must limit my serving size.

• Craig. said thank you

#7277 camdigger ONLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 09:05 PM

Most of us were so spoiled, then we get slammed with a big storm, 5 inches to 2 feet depending on where you were.  Now these little snow falls of 2-3 inches.  We are all in an uproar! I hate snow.....

Now this frigid cold for the last few days, and coming up.

My laptop actually froze solid in my truck.  It wouldn't even turn on!  I had to let it sit in the warm office for a couple hours before it would turn on.

After many years working in remote locations, you learn not to leave laptops in the vehicle overnight. Not even soda pop cans. Left a six pack in my pickup over night because my site trailer hadn't arrived yet. The cans spray painted the whole interior when the aluminum cans burst......
  • Craig. said thank you

#7278 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 09:06 PM

I've decided I must replace my tired Grand Cherokee with something a bit newer within a year or so.  Been pouring over the internet and the least I can expect to spend for a decent SUV in 4WD or AWD is 10 grand.  Prices for vehicles can be astronomical!

I'm going to start looking asap, but I don't want to rush it either.  I just hate having to spend the money, but I want something Teresa can drive without worrying as much.  My Cherokee is going on 230,000 miles.  The engine is great still....just everything else is is starting to give problems, and I'm getting tired of always working on the thing.  I'd prefer to stick with a Grand Cherokee, but the newer ones are AWD and don't get much mileage compared to mine which gets 20mpg close to home, 22-24 hwy.  The AWD only get 16mpg city, 20hwy.   I have friends in the business, so I'll get with them & see what they can tell me.

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#7279 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 09:07 PM

After many years working in remote locations, you learn not to leave laptops in the vehicle overnight. Not even soda pop cans. Left a six pack in my pickup over night because my site trailer hadn't arrived yet. The cans spray painted the whole interior when the aluminum cans burst......

I just wasn't paying attention to the weather. 90% of the time I take it in the house with me as I have work to do usually after the kids go to bed. Last night u didn't so I left it.

Stupid thing is always with me...its like a ball and chain. I swear people have no lives and just send me emails
  • Craig. said thank you

#7280 camdigger ONLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 09:20 PM

I just wasn't paying attention to the weather. 90% of the time I take it in the house with me as I have work to do usually after the kids go to bed. Last night u didn't so I left it.
Stupid thing is always with me...its like a ball and chain. I swear people have no lives and just send me emails

I know the feeling well. Blackberries, iPhones, and androids give mobile access to email, texts, and limited internet, but they can become an electronic leash....
  • Craig. said thank you

#7281 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 06:40 AM

You might want to consider the Chevy Equinox. AWD, and it did great in the snow and we got 30mpg hy 25 city. But when the twins came along it wasn't big enough.
  • olcowhand said thank you

#7282 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 08:27 AM

Up at the farm, we have an F150 that's about 5 now.
It gets 17 with a gas v8. I've seen it do better, but I'm taking an all around average.

If the Cherokee can't do better than that, something is wrong.
  • olcowhand, Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#7283 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 08:31 AM

I have a work acquaintance who got his wife a Kia Sorento.
Says she loves it and he says it's good on gas too.
I've never been in it, but it's a decent enough looking car, I assume it's AWD or 4WD
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#7284 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 03:59 PM

Drove out to Dad's to double check his med dispenser, and because Dad said the nurse mentioned wanting to put Mom in the hospital.  So I called the home care and she contacted the nurse and Dad got it confused as I had figured.  The nurse just told Mom if she didn't start drinking more fluids she might end up in the hospital.  Home care assured me that if anything important comes up that she will call me first thing.  While I'm talking to one of them, the other is talking to me about something else, Mom being the usual one to do this.  All this confusion just makes my head spin.

So I just wanted the rest of the day to be calm.  So I worked a little on Hogzilla, then started cleaning the shop more.  Got things in pretty decent shape.  The lift table is no longer serving as another work bench.   Need to clear the wooden work bench another day.

P_20160213_1529591.jpg

• Craig., KennyP and EricR have said thanks

#7285 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,487 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 04:59 PM

What I wouldn't give for that kind of floor space!

#7286 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 05:10 PM

Looks nice.  That amount of floor space would be sweet to have.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#7287 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 05:29 PM

That shop looks great. I am jealous. Especially as I was outside in the cold working on a tractor today. Hard to hold little stuff with gloves on. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#7288 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,487 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 05:41 PM

That shop looks great. I am jealous. Especially as I was outside in the cold working on a tractor today. Hard to hold little stuff with gloves on. 

I know how that goes!

#7289 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 05:49 PM

With the surface of most of my fingers still numb, it always feels/works as though I have gloves on when handling things.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#7290 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 06:02 PM

While I am truly blessed to have been able to build such a shop, I sure wish I had it back when I had more kick in my step.  At times I feel guilty for not feeling like doing more in there.  I have plenty I could do now, but just don't feel up to taking on bigger things just yet.  The Massey 285 needs split to find the oil leak source, and the GMC 2-ton needs the injection pump pulled to stop the oil leak where it mounts to the block.  Having taken on that discbine & other work so soon after surgery is likely why I haven't improved as much as my Dr thinks I should have.

I'll sure be glad when I can install the 2-post lift.  Would have made repairing my Dad-in-law's driveshaft so much easier than it was yesterday.  Next time I go to Lowes I need to go ahead & pick up 50' of #10 wire for the lift power line.  No putting up the lift till the roof gets replaced & underside insulated & metal covered.  Not been weather for my roofer to do it.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks