• Please log in to reply
8699 replies to this topic

#6931 TheFarm2004 OFFLINE  

TheFarm2004

• Member No: 642
  • 129 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted December 27, 2015 - 08:39 PM

The door has a very old sliding door rail.  One of the door gliders is missing.  If anyone has one like it they want to part with, I'd like to buy it.

I have rail like that, But rollers are a bit different. I will post a picture when I find them.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#6932 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 27, 2015 - 08:48 PM

Looking really good Daniel. I knew by the way you talked about the barn, it would take a lot of work to save it. It's going to be worth it in the end..
  • olcowhand, Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#6933 TheFarm2004 OFFLINE  

TheFarm2004

• Member No: 642
  • 129 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 06:14 PM

uploadfromtaptalk1451430685593.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1451430712080.jpg
This is what I have, but I am afraid that it's mate is buried under a couple of cords of wood.

#6934 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 06:18 PM

attachicon.gif20151229_163135.jpgattachicon.gif20151229_163108.jpg
This is what I have, but I am afraid that it's mate is buried under a couple of cords of wood.

Thanks David! It will be a long time before I build a new slider, so if you find the mate, give me a shout please.

#6935 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 07:56 PM

Well if things aren't looking up!  Getting all my details worked out on getting the land in my son's name, tax prep details all ironed out, and tonight I got a call from Steve, who rents my cropland.  He has a 99 Ford F250 4WD that needs a complete brake job, new drums/rotors & all.  He'll be bringing it tomorrow to drop it off.  He said if I wanted the work, he'll have plenty more coming up needing done if I wanted it.  I said heck yeah!  Looks like I'll be getting lots busier soon.  Still have sore painful days, but I hate sitting around, so I'm ready!  

Steve's place is just 5 miles away, and I'm closer than any other repair shop to him.  One job can lead to another customer, and maybe it will become a major source of income.  Time will tell!  

• TheFarm2004, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks

#6936 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 08:21 PM

Always nice to have some sort of income. I'am glad to be back on line.Of course my old computer crashed on Dec 21 so now have one with windows 10 .All new to me plus had to change how my computer connects to the net. Used to be dial up but 10 doesn't support dial up. So using a cell phone now to tether from to use my computer.All the new stuff has given me lots of stress in how to get everything to work. I'am finally settled down some and am getting more back to earth in doing things again. What a pain to install all the stuff that I had saved onto disc's etc. I got lucky because just a month ago I had saved everything.Anyway now I'll have to up date my profile because I have to chnage my e-mail address etc:

Edited by massey driver, December 29, 2015 - 08:30 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6937 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 08:41 PM

Hey Larry, click HERE for info on dial-up for your new PC.  Click HERE for a listing of USB dial-up modems.

#6938 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 10:10 PM

After having bought the modem for my computer it didn't work. I spent 2 days with over the phone teck support to no avail. Finally on the thrid day I was able to get some answers.from the modem manufacture . I was told that there aware of the problems with the modem  and with the windows 10 operating system.I was told that there currently working with microsoft to try and figure out why there modem won't work with windows 10. I had bought a usrobotics modem.So after going to all the computer places in Winnipeg and not one having a modem I decided to say to heck with dial up. I bought a cell phone that I can tether off of and am going to use my computer this way.The dial up was getting almost impossible to put up with [very slow] so decided to do it this way so that i get almost fast speed internet now. It costs me a bit more per month but guess I had to change if I wanted high speed anyway. Like I say I'am on a learning curve right now. Have two things to learn the new i phone 6 as well as the new computer.Sure would have been easier if I would have only have to had one new thing to learn at a time.So far I like this new system way better. Everything is just a click away now ,not a 2-5 minute wait.LOL

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6939 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 07:49 AM

Well if things aren't looking up!  Getting all my details worked out on getting the land in my son's name, tax prep details all ironed out, and tonight I got a call from Steve, who rents my cropland.  He has a 99 Ford F250 4WD that needs a complete brake job, new drums/rotors & all.  He'll be bringing it tomorrow to drop it off.  He said if I wanted the work, he'll have plenty more coming up needing done if I wanted it.  I said heck yeah!  Looks like I'll be getting lots busier soon.  Still have sore painful days, but I hate sitting around, so I'm ready!  

Steve's place is just 5 miles away, and I'm closer than any other repair shop to him.  One job can lead to another customer, and maybe it will become a major source of income.  Time will tell!  

That's great news, Daniel! Gonna need to get that lift installed before long! It would be great to use on these brakes!

• olcowhand, Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#6940 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 03:09 PM

Sounds like your getting some customers built up Daniel. If your not careful, you'll be covered up with work. Got to keep yourself open for tractor shows and such.

#6941 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 03:14 PM

Sounds like your getting some customers built up Daniel. If your not careful, you'll be covered up with work. Got to keep yourself open for tractor shows and such.

Or working at that job this Spring!

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and Craig. have said thanks

#6942 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 04:10 PM

Gonna hit a couple shows at the very least, no matter what's going on here!

Or working at that job this Spring!

As soon as Clint at the Co-op said he wanted me, I asked about needing a couple days off for plow day.  He said he'd give me those days off NO problem at all!  :thumbs:

Steve may not get the truck dropped off till tomorrow.  I saw when I ran to town he was busy with a surveyor next to the highway where he bought property recently.  He called to let me know.

I also have a neighbor's tractor to repair when I can get to it.

Today I've been digging up my water line next to my old well.  The well is bad, so I unhooked the pump & drained everything.  The parlor & calf barn water is also turned off so I don't have to keep heat there, then it hit me really quick that I had no place to wash off mucky boots & such.  So I'm putting in a frost proof hydrant next to the old well house, then adding a shutoff valve past it to go on to the calf barn.  I'll have a hydrant for winter use, and still be able to keep the calf barn shut off.  Using my towable backhoe.  I'll add a couple pics later.

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6943 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 06:10 PM

I am so so glad I swapped out the engines on my Caddigger.  This Onan doesn't know there is a load.  

Finally found the water line, and it was further from the well than any of us remembered.  Tip...write things down!  

P_20151230_1625011.jpg P_20151230_1625131.jpg

Likely go get the black plastic pipe & fittings in the morning, then after lunch get it all hooked up & test for leaks.  If all is good, I should get it all filled back in.  Then I'll be able to wash my boots off!

• Craig. said thank you

#6944 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 06:38 PM

Glad you got to try out the digger and it worked great for you. I :love:  Onans!

#6945 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,947 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 06:40 PM

Sure is nice to be able to clean up outside before going into the house.