#6677 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,446 posts

Posted November 09, 2015 - 09:01 PM

I hope everything goes the way you hope. It's definately got to be tough on your mind.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#6678 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 10:49 AM

The appraiser has come & gone, with results back in a week or 2.  All has to be ran through their database, then manually adjusted.  The next 50 days will be hectic on the mind.

• Alc, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#6679 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,446 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 01:43 PM

The worst part of this type of stuff is having to wait for answer's. If your like me you like to know right now !! not wait for weeks ,even months. Hope things go quickly for you.

#6680 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 04:12 PM

Craps....running a low grade fever now, coughing, runny nose/etc.  Feel like crap.  But I still got silage fed, 5 rolls of hay out, and ground & unloaded a load of calf feed.

• Craig., KennyP and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#6681 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 05:34 PM

Craps....running a low grade fever now, coughing, runny nose/etc. Feel like crap. But I still got silage fed, 5 rolls of hay out, and ground & unloaded a load of calf feed.

Everyone here is sick or getting sick.
  • olcowhand said thank you

#6682 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 05:43 PM

Everyone here is sick or getting sick.

I'm hearing it's everywhere around here as well.  Hope you guys get past if quick!  FedEx guy was here today and said he's still getting over his bout with head & chest.  He spotted it in me immediately.

• Craig. said thank you

#6683 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 05:47 PM

Oh my word, I haven't had them symptoms yet, but everyone around me has or does. Doing all I can to stay away that
  • olcowhand said thank you

#6684 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,522 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 07:03 PM

Hope you get through this quickly, Daniel! None of that around here as yet!

#6685 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 07:07 PM

Steph is still coughing like a TB patient. I got over mine pretty fast.

#6686 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 10:31 PM

Had it as well. My feeling bad fever stomach issues lasted 24 hours. Couch persisted for a week.

Hope you feel better soon

#6687 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted November 11, 2015 - 01:37 PM

Slept on the couch last night so Teresa could sleep.  Coughed my head off for a while, but did finally get some sleep.  My rib cage is sore as heck.  Not really feeling any better today.

Anyways, I fed silage, then finished welding 3 spots on the relocated cattle headlocks, half the repair welds to the Troy Bilt rider's deck, swept the shop floor, then mowed the yard.  Still feel like crap, but at least getting something done.  May go mow around the pits & milk parlor in a bit.  Better to keep busy than just sit around.

Gotta go fix a leaky sink drain at Dad's tomorrow.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6688 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted November 11, 2015 - 05:12 PM

Gotta go fix a leaky sink drain at Dad's tomorrow.

Remember not to lay under the drain when you take it apart. 

• olcowhand, KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#6689 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted November 12, 2015 - 06:07 PM

Dad's drain leak was just a simple twist of the plastic fittings to snug up.  Likely they got bumped & loosened when they got cleaners & stuff out stored under the sink.  They have switched to city water for the long haul, so while I was out there I unhooked the deep well jet pump & drained everything so I don't have to worry about running a heater in the old well house.  I have to go back out in the next week or 2 to use a hand pump with a long piece of vinyl tubing so I can pull the water level down in the well pipes and house service pipe to prevent freezing in them.  

Then I went to check fences after the windy night.  Found a couple old dead trees blown down on the fence line.  Got them patched temporarily, but have the Kubota loaded up to fix it right, and add another string of wire to a couple sections.  I also replaced several insulators today.   Then I welded up a barb wire holder to slip into the Kubota RTV's receiver  to make rolling off the wire an easier job.

While back there, I went to drive up what I figured might be too steep a spot with the ground so wet, and even in 4WD with diff lock on, I spun out & had to back down.  My neck is still kind of stiff, and I thought I cleared a small wash....but nope.  Dropped the back right wheel off into a 2' deep rut and sat at a 45 degree angle, and no way for it to pull itself out.  Luckily I had 2 log chains in the bed, plus a come-along.  When I chained to the nearest tree, I had about 2" to spare reaching the RTV.  Got it pulled out easily & back to work.  I have a 4,500lb winch w/fairlead I will soon put to the front bumper so next time I'll have an even easier time pulling it out of such things.  

\My cattle guy who bought my dairy cows wants me to feed out some heifers for him, so I have to get this fence in better shape.  He'll be bringing 25 heifers next week, so I'll be fencing the next 3 days, or at least most of it.  My 23 bred heifers will be ready to sell by the time his 25 are ready to leave, so then if it works out well, I'll have room for 40 to 50 more of his heifers.  This will give me some income that will help a LOT.   Even just feeding his first 25 will put some decent money in the cookie jar.

But the reman injection pump I replaced for the neighbor's Case 570 tractor has issues.  Half the time it refuses to hit a lick without a tiny shot of ether.  It's like it's metering valve is sticking.  Once started she runs great.  Sometimes it starts as soon as you crank a couple pistons up, but other times nothing.  I called the place he bought it at, and they recommended me putting some Seafoam & ATF in the fuel and running it a while.  They said if that doesn't rectify the problem they will make things good.  The tractor has no other issues and always started fine till the old pump seized, so it has to be the pump.  I sure hope the treatment does the trick, as I hate to have to pull the pump again.  Requires pulling the whole front off the tractor to get to the timing gears.

#6690 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted November 12, 2015 - 06:29 PM

Oh, and I also got the deck repairs finished today on the Troy Bilt riding mower.  Just gotta spray a little black paint on the deck, mount back on the rider, then she'll be ready for selling this spring.

Still not feeling so hot, but keeping busy.