• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted November 03, 2015 - 07:16 AM

Do you think that was the intent of the necked down area on the shaft ?  

Yes, I've read where that was designed into it specifically.

• Alc, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6662 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted November 04, 2015 - 05:28 PM

I had a Dr appointment this morning to check my INR level.  Was too low last week, but upping my dosage of Coumadin got my numbers back to good range.

When I got home I began welding in the support pipe for the head gates to bolt to.  Part are done in the pics, but I finished them all before calling it a day.  Want to get the head gates all finished by next week so I can start feeding silage to this group of heifers soon.  We usually lose one heifer a year due to a bully heifer head butting another heifer over into the feeder where they get stuck upside down.  If you don't find them within a couple hours, they will bloat & die.  We only had an electric wire before, but I have plenty extra head locks now that the dairy is shut down.

I haven't had the old Lincoln Weldanpower 150 fired up in a couple years.  Had to clean the points and she ran fine.

P_20151104_1418341.jpg

First I welded the inner 1 1/2" ID pipe to the cast in concrete section.

P_20151104_1418561.jpg

Then I slid the 2" ID pipe over the 1 1/2" ID pipe & welded it all together.

P_20151104_1419191.jpg

• Craig., KennyP, sacsr and 1 other said thanks

#6663 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted November 05, 2015 - 08:50 AM

My old house in the city had short metal fencing designed like that. Metal T type posts with a cement "curb" at the bottom. I wanted chain link so I just slid my pipe over it, fill with cement and done. I drive by once in awhile, still there 20+ yrs later.

We had a family friend who raise cattle, we watched some big ole cows push the young ones right through the electric fence until it broke and out they went, young ones bellowing like crazy....and they say cows are stupid, those were some smart ole girls. 

• olcowhand, Alc and oldedeeres have said thanks

#6664 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted November 05, 2015 - 02:57 PM

Been working hard at placing the headlocks.  Had to get them all in place once started, as I had to remove the electric fence.  Plus the owner of the Case with bad injection pump picked up a reman pump today, and he needs it going for Sunday, and Saturday evening I have a funeral home visitation to be at, and also have to tend to farm business in town tomorrow morning.  So I'm under the gun, but I'll make it.

The pics show partially done with the headlocks, but all are in place now, a electric fence insulated off each end.  Half a day's work still with some welding to do, but it can wait a few days.

P_20151105_1237241.jpg

• KennyP and MFDAC have said thanks

#6665 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted November 05, 2015 - 05:39 PM

I went back at it and got all but maybe an hour's worth left.  Just 2 u-bolts I need to make from all thread, and weld on one short piece of pipe for the lock lever to latch onto.  All the locking rods are welded together and the locking lever welded on.

P_20151105_1716201.jpg

• KennyP and MFDAC have said thanks

#6666 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted November 05, 2015 - 05:46 PM

Glad you have that under control! Those bovine critters can be bullies at times!

• olcowhand said thank you

#6667 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted November 05, 2015 - 07:26 PM

My old house in the city had short metal fencing designed like that. Metal T type posts with a cement "curb" at the bottom. I wanted chain link so I just slid my pipe over it, fill with cement and done. I drive by once in awhile, still there 20+ yrs later.
LOL never seen that before

We had a family friend who raise cattle, we watched some big ole cows push the young ones right through the electric fence until it broke and out they went, young ones bellowing like crazy....and they say cows are stupid, those were some smart ole girls.

#6668 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted November 05, 2015 - 07:28 PM

I went back at it and got all but maybe an hour's worth left. Just 2 u-bolts I need to make from all thread, and weld on one short piece of pipe for the lock lever to latch onto. All the locking rods are welded together and the locking lever welded on.

Nice work Uncle!

P_20151105_1716201.jpg

• olcowhand said thank you

#6669 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted November 06, 2015 - 05:57 PM

I just got the Case 570 tractor fired up after installing the reman injection pump.  She runs fine, and all I need to do tomorrow is install the fan, fan belt, radiator & sheet metal.  Had to cut a timing cover gasket from bulk, as nobody had a gasket in stock.  Tomorrow should be easy enough to get this done, feeding done, then visitation at the funeral home.  It's my youngest daughter's boyfriend's Grandpa.  He was only 60 years old.  A very aggressive cancer took him in less than 3 months.  I never met the man, but his son Stewart & I are good friends.

• Craig., KennyP, sacsr and 1 other said thanks

#6670 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted November 06, 2015 - 06:23 PM

Glad you got the Case going! The next funeral I go to, I probably won't know I'm there!

Need to get a Case GT for the grandson!

• Craig. said thank you

#6671 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted November 06, 2015 - 06:32 PM

Need to get a Case GT for the grandson!

I already did.  Case owns a Case 224! 

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6672 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted November 07, 2015 - 12:37 PM

I finished the Case 570 and drove it to Jerry's.  He was sure tickled to see her going.  He's down there moving gravel with it's FEL now.   :thumbs:

• Craig., KennyP, EricR and 1 other said thanks

#6673 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted November 07, 2015 - 01:18 PM

Nice!

#6674 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted November 07, 2015 - 07:25 PM

Glad it's working well again!

#6675 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted November 09, 2015 - 07:08 PM

Got myself a cold a few days ago.  It's sapping my energy and making sleep rough.  Took half a pain  pill a bit ago, and will take Tylenol before bedtime.  Hopefully will get some sleep.

Tomorrow the property appraiser will be here to start the process of putting a fair market value on the land & home that will be put in my son's name.  I sure hope he can keep it low, as I'll be covering the capital gain tax that Josh will have to pay in taxes.  This is the part of the whole process that has kept me up late nights worrying.  If the value is set low enough for me to afford it with money in hand, then all will be ok.  If it runs higher, then I'll be selling excess equipment as soon as the new year arrives, and/or operating on borrowed money till sales take place.  I also won't know what my side of taxes will be for another month, so very anxious to know what a hit I'll be taking or trying to avoid.  

Having so much financial stress along with the health issues I've had, it will sure be nice if I can get out from under the dark cloud of financial worries.  I know worrying doesn't help, but I haven't been able to keep it off my mind.  It's not just Teresa & myself either, as I have a lot of Mom & Dad's home expenses to take care of, and I want things to go smooth as possible to keep them from worrying.  The last few years have been tough, but hopefully the new year will bring better times.

• Alc, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks