• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted October 15, 2015 - 09:00 PM

Again, after a full hard day a few days back, I'm stuck in granny gear since.  It's really hard for me to take, as I'm used to a life going full out much of the time.  Health has changed all that, and it isn't something I like.  I sure hope things improve the next few months, but I've not seen any improvement in the numbness in my hands or shoulder blade in a while, and numbness in my hand has expanded slightly in my left hand.  Could be from working, but Doc said it might not get better even with time.  But he did say I was out of danger of paralysis, which is great.

Mostly been doing fence repairs lately.  Not fun, but beats boredom by a long-shot.  Have a lot of land transfer hoops to get done yet (to my son), and till that is all done I won't know where I stand financially and tax wise, so I can't really forge ahead with any sort of plans either.  3 more months will answer a lot of questions, of which I hope have good answers.

Oh how life has changed, but at least I'm still here.  

Teresa has worked the last month at the neighbor's orchard to bring in some extra cash.  Not used to her being gone all day, but she's just down the road 2 miles.  That job will likely be done in a couple weeks, maybe 3.  Financially we are fine at the moment, but the future we don't truly know, but then does anybody for that matter.  Just so many changes in such a short time.

• daytime dave, Gtractor, grnspot110 and 7 others have said thanks

#6588 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted October 15, 2015 - 09:13 PM

Daniel

I'm saddened to hear of your latest troubles.  I haven't followed this post as faithfully as I should have.  I hope your health issues improve, but be prepared if they do not.  I'm sorry to hear that Theresa had to work, but be glad she did and does.  A good team is hard to beat.

You and your family are in my thoughts always.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#6589 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted October 16, 2015 - 08:47 AM

Life changes can sure turn things upside down for awhile.The main thing is that we !! [you] are still here and can and will overcome the changes that have to be made. Things will get done, just not as fast as what you would like them too. I still get overwhelmend  

at times. I try to settle down and come back to earth by doing something that relaxes me. My way is to jump on my little tractor and go do something with it [anything] it helps calm me down. The other big thing that helps me  to calm down is to , lay on the floor by our dog and pet and run my hands through her fur coat. Its my way of settling down.You just have to find something that settles /calms you down and take things slower. It'll always work out in the end. Like I said your still here.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#6590 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted October 16, 2015 - 10:32 AM

I've started a project for Teresa I said I'd get to before winter, so now's the time.  My small old little shop next to my house hasn't been used in a long while & just became a catch-all.  So I've been moving stuff out to make it an enclosed parking space for Teresa to park the Jeep in.  She parks in an open front shed, and when it's stormy, it's real nasty, plus snow blows in during winter all over the Jeep.  I took down the old overhead door I built almost 30 years ago.  It's extremely heavy, and beginning to rot.  I'll replace with a light modern door so she can have a auto door opener.  I have to run to town to pick up some of Dad's meds, and likely take it easier the rest of the day.  I have to learn I don't have to finish things in a blitz fashion....at least till things improve in my neck and shoulder.

I gotta say though, this project is very worthy, as Teresa asks for little, but gives so much.  I will enjoy doing this for her.  :thumbs:

• daytime dave, Gtractor, grnspot110 and 9 others have said thanks

#6591 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted October 16, 2015 - 03:13 PM

Mowed my yard this afternoon.  Noticed the family who rent the house across the road had awfully tall grass, and their lawn tractor's hood up, so it's broken.....again.  They are at work, so I mowed their yard for them.  Just thought it right to do.  Felt good doing a good deed too.

• daytime dave, Gtractor, grnspot110 and 6 others have said thanks

#6592 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,561 Thanks
  • 3,941 posts

Posted October 16, 2015 - 04:23 PM

A good deed always feels good. Its hard to be on the receiving end tho. I have been doing the yard work for my neighbor this year. They both have poor health and can't do it.
  • olcowhand, Alc and Craig. have said thanks

#6593 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,457 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted October 16, 2015 - 06:55 PM

Glad Teresa will have 'indoor' parking this Winter! She'll enjoy the opener! 1 'Attaboy' for mowing the nieghbors yard!

#6594 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted October 17, 2015 - 11:45 AM

Wanna come mow my yard next?

• olcowhand said thank you

#6595 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted October 17, 2015 - 01:05 PM

Wanna come mow my yard next?

Dang, you're just outside my normal range!  :smilewink:

• HDWildBill and UncleWillie have said thanks

#6596 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted October 18, 2015 - 10:22 AM

This is my former hobby shop.  It started life as a smokehouse for meats.  When I was just a toddler, Dad doubled the center section into a small parking garage to park his car.  When Dad & I switched homes back in January 1985, I soon added a 12x10 room on the right, then about 10 years ago, I added a shed on the left to park my GT's....well, it holds some of them.

The tractor shed will remain a GT storage, but the center section & small room will become Teresa's parking garage and whatever she wants the small room addition to be.

P_20151018_1103251.jpg

You can see where benches shelves & other things were attached to the walls.  I also removed all the PVC air lines from the compressor.  Still some shelves to remove on the far end.

P_20151018_1100181.jpg P_20151018_1100381.jpg P_20151018_1101091.jpg

I took down the hanging furnace also.  I guess I should have taken before pics, but got preoccupied with the work at hand.

P_20151018_1100301.jpg

The room addition will be crammed up for a while till I find new homes for everything.  I told her it might be into next year before I get this cleared for her.

P_20151018_1100461.jpg

I called my garage door guy, but he'll get back with me this week.

• grnspot110, Alc, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#6597 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted October 18, 2015 - 11:01 AM

I would kill for a building like that. Well maybe not kill, but I might look at someone real hard.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6598 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,457 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted October 18, 2015 - 05:32 PM

Nice to see you getting that ready for her! Even if it is only parking right now! She'll love it!

#6599 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted October 18, 2015 - 07:20 PM

That's a great project.  It's been a pretty useful building all along.

#6600 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted October 21, 2015 - 07:24 AM

While it's not me doing the harvesting, the last of the soybeans are being done today.  It sure is different watching someone else raise the crops on the land, but that's the "new life on the farm" from here on out.  I will of course harvest hay and raise cattle.

Yesterday I took our steer in to be processed.  Looking forward to the meat in the freezer come next Thursday.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks