• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 12:09 PM

I just love it when I go to town to get needed items and either they don't carry, or are out of stock. Pretty much wasted my day to this point.
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#6527 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 01:23 PM

I just love it when I go to town to get needed items and either they don't carry, or are out of stock. Pretty much wasted my day to this point.

I can't stand that! Whats worse is when u try to stop that by calling ahead, then you get there to find out you were talking to a stupid person that you couldn't see through the phone was wearing his sign! IM STUPID ..... should of asked for his name on the phone and hunt them down! Oh well lol
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#6528 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,700 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 02:34 PM

I can't stand that! Whats worse is when u try to stop that by calling ahead, then you get there to find out you were talking to a stupid person that you couldn't see through the phone was wearing his sign! IM STUPID ..... should of asked for his name on the phone and hunt them down! Oh well lol

Amen!  How about the clown that works in the store and you ask them where something is and you get this deer in the headlights look.  They don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. A lot of these big box stores are like that.

• Craig. said thank you

#6529 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 02:46 PM

Whenever I call I make it a point to have the person on the phone physically put hands on the item. Then I get their name and tell them to put my name on the item before I ever start out the door. They get mad but it cuts down on wasted trips.

• Alc and Craig. have said thanks

#6530 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 06:56 PM

The part I needed that showed in stock was a  section of 8" insulated stove pipe.  So I left Lowes and stopped at a small hardware store & ordered a "through the wall" gimble.  It will give the 8" plain stove pipe a 2" clearance around it, and will do fine.  It should be in Tuesday.  I did get the waste furnace fired without the flue, and all seems fine.  It's gonna be some time before I really need the furnace, but want to get the job behind me.  Seems literally that everything I have going on is stuck for whatever reason to where I can't put anything behind me,  The land surveyors haven't finished, so I can't get the process started (pretty involved.....survey, property appraisal, land & zoning, lawyer stuff, and lots of financial crap because we're incorporated,etc) to put the land & house in Josh's name.  And until that is done, I have no idea how my finances will look as it may drain all current monies.  I may get new health insurance, but that too has been delayed and nobody can tell me why.  

My neck still gives me a lot of problems, and that makes me feel kinda "broken", then combine that with stresses and it makes for sleepless nights & worrisome days.  All the land/money stuff has to be done before the end of the year, so at least in 3 months I should know where I stand, if I'm standing at all.  

Oh, and Mom called today & wants a new hot water heater.  She says there is sand or something in her water. I have no idea if there is any reality to that, so I'll have to go see.  She says she can feel it in her towels.  Changing out her water heater won't be easy, as hers is an old cabinet model, and I don't think they make them these days.  She will not like an open water heater either.  She can be very difficult to please.  I may end up having to hire it done so someone else has to please her.

Big changes can bring big problems.  Guess I'm having trouble adjusting.

• MH81, Alc, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#6531 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 07:59 PM

The only time I ever heard of sand in water was when the well head went bad. Does Grandma have well or city water?

#6532 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 08:34 PM

The only time I ever heard of sand in water was when the well head went bad. Does Grandma have well or city water?

Did some googling, and found the same.  Yes, they are on well water.  If it's much of a well problem, a couple valves simply turned & they're on city water.   

• Craig. said thank you

#6533 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 09:41 PM

The owner went and bought a new well tip and sank it down about 15' away from old one, We finished in one day. or just turn a valve and go to city lol... Wounder how much sand got into Grandmas pipes?

Edited by Craig., September 26, 2015 - 09:44 PM.

#6534 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 12:57 PM

Went out to Mom & Dad's to scope out the water issue.  Like I figured, there is no issue.  Water, both hot & cold is crystal clear.  No signs of sediments in toilet tanks, clothes washer or anything.  All the aerators on sinks flow full stream, and with sediment, the aerators will clog in a heartbeat.  I felt of their towels which she said were grainy with sediment, and they felt perfectly fine to both Teresa & I.   Dad told me when I got there that there was no sediment problem, and he is right.  But once Mom gets something in her head, there's no getting it out.  Her age is making things so much more difficult and I just don't know what to do.  Right now I'm gonna let it ride & see how she does.  

The way the water lines are plumbed, it would cost at least a couple thousand just to put a small filter system in, and I can't afford spending money to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

:wallbanging:  :(  :wallbanging:  :( .............. :(  :(  :(  :(

• Craig., KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#6535 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 01:06 PM

You may have to become a good actor and learn to lie convincingly. Thats what I would do. I've had to do that unfortunately, but it works great.
  • olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#6536 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 08:11 AM

Yea, tell her you check it out and the problem seems to be fixed. She will probably believe you for a while until you need to go "clean" the system again :thumbs:

• olcowhand, UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#6537 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 10:26 AM

Yea, tell her you check it out and the problem seems to be fixed. She will probably believe you for a while until you need to go "clean" the system again :thumbs:

Yep tell her you purged the system and it is all good now.

• olcowhand said thank you

#6538 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 11:26 AM

On another job today.  Drove the IH T340 high lift crawler up to Josh's to start digging a new septic leach bed.  No sooner than I got there, I heard a "pop".  Got off to check and a track pin has worked it's way out of one side.  I got it drove back in and limped it back to the shop.  One reason it worked loose was the track shoe bolts were loose, and allowed stresses to pull the links apart.  Got new bolts put in a total of 4 loose shoes, then put a bit of stainless steel weld around the end of the pin to prevent it again.  Some of the links were worn, so when I rebuilt the chains years ago, some weren't as tight as I'd have liked.

Anyway, got it back up there by mid morning and got almost have the bed area excavated.  Hope to finish this afternoon.  Gotta call for a load of rock.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6539 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 12:59 PM

Sounds like a crappie job! LOL
  • olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#6540 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 02:12 PM

Load of rock ordered for morning.  Now I need to take my towable backhoe up there.

• Craig., KennyP and camdigger have said thanks