• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 07:42 AM

Just woke to finding it's still raining! No idea how much, but enough to finish everyone's crops out for sure. Wish I could direct it to you Brian!
  • OldBuzzard and Craig. have said thanks

#6437 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,081 Thanks
  • 658 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 08:06 AM

I can always tell that it's raining around here by the traffic reports! Seems like Louisville drivers think rain is like ice. Glad to hear this batch made to you, I know fields around me are so dry, the combines are running in giant dust clouds.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6438 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 09:07 AM

Woke up to a good soaking here as well.  We haven't had rain it seems like for weeks.  All the mud holes on the atv trail were just about tried up.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#6439 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 01:06 PM

Wow, priced some 11/16 lug nuts from Massey.  I needed these special stepped nuts so I could put 18.4x34 tires already mounted on rims with the heavy cast iron wheel centers onto the 362 Massey for more weight on the rear, as when moving rolls on downhill slopes, she gets skiddy.  The lug nuts are $36 each x 16, so would have been going on $600 just for lug nuts!  So I did some looking at the burned Massey 175 rear end inside the old cow stalls, knocked one of 5/8 studs out of it, and they WILL fit the hubs on the 362, and I have the stepped nuts for these lugs.  The 11/16 studs are straight, where the 5/8" step down to the 5/8.  So when I feel up to the swap, I'll do it for zero extra dollars.  Well, I have to buy a lot of alcohol to blend with water for even more ballast, but the 16.9x30's didn't have water either, so either way I'd have been buying alcohol, just a bit more for the larger tires.  Fenders have at least 4" clearance now, so I'll still have 2" clearance so no need to raise the fenders.  The 18.4 tires are better than what's on the 362 now too.

I went ahead & removed all the needed studs, putting their special lug nuts with them so I'll be ready.

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#6440 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 04:17 PM

It would seem to me that adding weight and bigger tires then reducing the stud size from 11/16 to 5/8 would be a bit risky. 

• Craig. said thank you

#6441 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 04:47 PM

It would seem to me that adding weight and bigger tires then reducing the stud size from 11/16 to 5/8 would be a bit risky. 

The Massey 285 has the same 5/8 studs, wheels/tires/wheel centers, and almost 20 higher HP.

• Craig., KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#6442 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 04:50 PM

I have been draggy as all get out today.  I'm wondering if it due to getting a flu shot yesterday?  

• Craig. said thank you

#6443 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 07:33 PM

Yep on the flu shot!

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#6444 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 07:49 PM

Wow, priced some 11/16 lug nuts from Massey.  I needed these special stepped nuts so I could put 18.4x34 tires already mounted on rims with the heavy cast iron wheel centers onto the 362 Massey for more weight on the rear, as when moving rolls on downhill slopes, she gets skiddy.  The lug nuts are $36 each x 16, so would have been going on $600 just for lug nuts!  So I did some looking at the burned Massey 175 rear end inside the old cow stalls, knocked one of 5/8 studs out of it, and they WILL fit the hubs on the 362, and I have the stepped nuts for these lugs.  The 11/16 studs are straight, where the 5/8" step down to the 5/8.  So when I feel up to the swap, I'll do it for zero extra dollars.  Well, I have to buy a lot of alcohol to blend with water for even more ballast, but the 16.9x30's didn't have water either, so either way I'd have been buying alcohol, just a bit more for the larger tires.  Fenders have at least 4" clearance now, so I'll still have 2" clearance so no need to raise the fenders.  The 18.4 tires are better than what's on the 362 now too.

I went ahead & removed all the needed studs, putting their special lug nuts with them so I'll be ready.

All I can say on this is to give it a go. If they work, you saved some cash!

• olcowhand, Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#6445 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 09:13 PM

All I can say on this is to give it a go. If they work, you saved some cash!

Agreed! A lot of cash.

• olcowhand said thank you

#6446 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 11, 2015 - 10:34 AM

My back has been hurting since yesterday.  At the shop this morning I had to roll off the shop scooter, then get on my knees to stand up!  My mid back muscles hurt like crazy.  I know for sure I haven't lifted anything heavy, so I have to attribute it to the flu shot, but it's never done this before.  But then the flu strain changes, so the shot does also.

I bush hogged the small calf lot this morning, and after lunch will mow all the barn/pit/road frontage areas with the JD F935, then the home yard with the 430.

Tomorrow I'm going to Lanesville for the tractor show, then by member thefarm2004's (David) home to pick up a Bolens 600, plus I'm buying a diesel engine off him.  If I can get it running, then there will surely be another diesel repower thread some day.

As far as the show, with my back feeling like it is, I'll likely start late and get there around noonish or so as 3 hours will be plenty for me, then David will be home sometime after the parade ends.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6447 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 11, 2015 - 07:31 PM

Got ALL my mowing done before another rain hit.  JD F935 deck is a bit viby, so will need winter attention.  Need to tighten the fan belt on the JD 430 before mowing again.  Was good to see another rain!  Pasture looks better now for sure!  

#6448 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 07:35 PM

Been to Lanesville, IN for their Heritage tractor show.  Quite a show!  I even found my cousin Mike there with one of his pair of WWII army tanks!  He also had a couple huge army trucks there, one of which towed his tank to the show on a Lo-boy trailer.

P_20150912_1205481.jpg

Then the diesel engine and Bolens 600 from David (GTT member thefarm2004).  He gave me the 600, and sold me the diesel for cheap!  I hope to both running soon.

P_20150912_1921291.jpg P_20150912_1920581.jpg

I have several more pics from the show I'll upload later tomorrow.  Kinda running out of steam.  Show was fun, but the walking wore me out.  Was great meeting David, and fun getting away for the day.

• MH81, Alc, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#6449 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 07:49 PM

And the internet dug up a Ford 1210 as having a Shibaura 0.9L diesel in it, so likely the same engine.  Shibaura built these engines for Perkins.  The 1210 is rated 16hp, but at 2700rpm.  These engines can spin 3600rpm, so the HP should be near 22hp.  They have the same bore & stroke as my Yanmar engines, one rated 20hp at 3300rpm, the other rated 22hp at 3600rpm.

#6450 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 07:46 AM

I'll bet the diesel is NOT going in the Bolens!

• olcowhand said thank you