• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted September 02, 2015 - 04:30 PM

Glad things are progressing at a decent clip there, other than the wrong parts! If you can, put the other fan in the opposite corner! That will make very good circulation!

• olcowhand said thank you

#6407 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted September 02, 2015 - 04:55 PM

Glad things are progressing at a decent clip there, other than the wrong parts! If you can, put the other fan in the opposite corner! That will make very good circulation!

The other fan will be opposite side, but not quite the corner. The oil furnace will be in that corner.Yes, should make for a good breeze.
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6408 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted September 02, 2015 - 09:16 PM

Good idea on shop fans

#6409 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,575 Thanks
  • 3,957 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 05:37 AM

Air movement helps a lot with feeling cooler.

#6410 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 10:41 AM

Here is my organization efforts for the end wall.  All the oils & lubes on one shelf, and the other shelf has all the boxes of small stuff like grease fittings, shaft keys, fittings, etc.

P_20150903_1113201.jpg P_20150903_1113331.jpg P_20150903_1113521.jpg

And it beginning to get very dry.  Been a good 3 weeks since any rain to matter.  Last cutting of hay will be light, but I have plenty already, so not worried about that.  Pasture could use some rain, but it is what it is, and they have quite a bit of grass yet.

#6411 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,575 Thanks
  • 3,957 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 12:31 PM

Shop looks great. Well stocked and organized. We are real dry here too. Last night my son was tilling the garden and it was bone dry.
  • olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6412 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 2,087 Thanks
  • 1,891 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 12:45 PM

There is no grass left in my itty bitty pasture. The green is weeds all the grass is dried up. I glad I don't have anything that need to graze anymore. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441302342.534625.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441302351.030917.jpg
  • olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#6413 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 01:22 PM

Shop looks great!

#6414 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 03:54 PM

Built a bracket for a 2nd large cooling fan stolen from the old free stalls.  Now there is really good air movement.   I still have 2 smaller floor level fans to put right where I'm working when needed, and today is one of those days.  Only mid 90's heat index, but sweating like mad unless in the moving air, then still hot.  With some of you having temps much higher I can't complain much.

P_20150903_1604351.jpg

The land surveyor came & got started on laying off the land we'll be putting into my son's name.  Sure be glad when all this legal stuff is done & behind us.  I'm sure Josh will be glad as well.  Being incorporated since the early 80's, nobody had any property in their own name.  Now he's gonna have his very own place.  

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#6415 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 03:56 PM

Shop looks good,how long will it stay neat and organized thats left to be seen. Wish we could pick and choose where the rain is needed. We've been wet and damp all summer.There hasn't been to much if any hay put up around here that hasn't seen rain. Right now were even still cutting grass once or twice a week. My neighbour was saying that the hay he's been cutting right now is so full of juice moisture that he can't believe its Sept. and the hay is still growing like crazy.He's got so much hay made that he doesn't know where to put it. Like he said this will be the first time that he's going to have a bunch to try and sell.

#6416 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 04:09 PM

Shop looks good,how long will it stay neat and organized thats left to be seen. 

:D  So true Larry, but it's much more likely to stay fairly straight than the old shop.  Being the old shop shared the calf barn behind it, it stayed filthy down there plus in the summer it was so bloody hot in there that you got in, did the repair, then got the heck out, just leaving the mess created.  The new shop is also "bird tight", which will help so much.  Birds would cover the old shop floor & all it's contents with grass & other nesting supplies....along with bird poo.  Right now the old shop floor has a good mess of heifer poo from moving them to the back 40 a couple days ago.  The only way to separate them at this time is to do it inside the barn, then move them out through the shop.  Always a good mess made.  I hope to move 35 of our locking head gates from the milking area down to where the heifers eat silage then build a corral  behind them.  Then I will be able to separate them outside, plus be able to catch them easier for shots & such.  In a year or so there will be no more silage, but I'll still give them some grain supplement to catch them in the head gates.

There will surely be messy times in the shop, but I plan to be pretty vigilant about keeping it clean & organized as best I can.

• Craig., KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#6417 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 06:06 PM

Your main thing is you are not on a dead run anymore, Daniel! Those fans will help when you are working on something.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#6418 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 07:37 PM

Your main thing is you are not on a dead run anymore, Daniel! Those fans will help when you are working on something.

Man-O-man is it nice not literally running from one job to another.  Life here oftentimes was just ....well, for lack of better words...crazy.  It will still be hectic at times, but nothing like it used to be.  I may well end up some day doing repairs for my main living here in this shop, but for now it's for my own repairs which will keep me busy for a while yet.  I should get this shop completely finished by year's end.  Really all that's left is the 12' section of high roof to put new metal on, insulate, then put the old roof on the ceiling.  My roofer guy broke his leg this past winter, so I may have to find someone else if he's not up to speed soon.  It's just too much for me to attempt myself.  

#6419 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted September 04, 2015 - 09:11 AM

Like you said at the last there. It's a wise man who recognizes his own limitations and plans accordingly. Things still get done but you stay sound and healthy.

#6420 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted September 04, 2015 - 10:32 AM

More shop organizing today, but organizing tools today.  Then UPS brought the last thrust bearing for the Massey 1100, so I switched to working on that.  Bearing in and all the pto unit bolted with Loctite.  After lunch I'll slip the unit onto the rear of tractor & get it bolted up.  She'll be running today, but unless the mailman delivers my front axle pivot bushing, I still can't move it.  It was a week yesterday since SSB Tractor said they'd ship it from NY, but hasn't arrived yet.

Added:  Grrrrrr, no bushing in the mail today! No reply to my morning email to them either.  :wallbanging: