• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 29, 2015 - 06:44 PM

On the hydraulic hoses on the oil re-cycler...they will of course retain some oil, so I think I'll take the check valve balls out of a set of quick-connects (already have some used), so when finished using, I can connect them to stop oil leakage, but they will be completely open when disconnected.

I'm also going to cut the board a bit shorter, and mount a pair of lawn mower wheels to the motor end, and put a handle on the other end for ease of moving.

• Craig., KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#6377 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 09:52 AM

Good idea. Working smarter is always the way to go.
  • olcowhand said thank you

#6378 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 12:35 PM

Gee you are getting lazy. Got a fancy schmancy oil pump now you are too good to lift it.

I can't say as I blame you. I am moving toward putting wheels on everything I own. Makes it a lot easier.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#6379 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 03:18 PM

Gee you are getting lazy. Got a fancy schmancy oil pump now you are too good to lift it.

I can't say as I blame you. I am moving toward putting wheels on everything I own. Makes it a lot easier.

The less energy put out doing a particular job leaves more energy to do yet another job.  And then there's lazy factor too!  :smilewink:   But hey, I have the wheels & all needed without spending a cent, so another "why not" reason.

That old hydraulic pump has been around since WWII.  Was old surplus out of an airplane.  Then Dad used it on an Avery tractor, later I added 3pt lift to a 1960 David Bradley Suburban to cultivate peppers.  I thought it was long gone, as I thought it left on the Suburban when I foolishly traded her off 25+ years ago, but it's the same one, as it's bracket is what I built to bolt it to the Burb.  I'd recognize the bracket anywhere, as part of it is a motorcycle muffler bracket.  Now the pump still lives on in Ball Hollow.  :thumbs:

• Craig., KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#6380 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 03:22 PM

FWIW, I have been taking wheels off junk lawn mowers and watching for casters and lawnmower wheels on sale at my local discount house to do exactly this. For over a decade. Tool cart, welding cart, work bench. Saw base, even pipe rollers for the welder and chop saw. Running low lately, LOL.
  • olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6381 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 11:50 AM

Helped my neighbor move 18 rolls of hay this morning, then mowed the barn/pit areas.  Gonna tarp some hay this afternoon, then get things ready to move about 20 heifers to the back 40 with the bull tomorrow if it works out.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6382 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 03:15 PM

Got my little IH T340 hi-lift crawler out today and did some cleanup where the hay barn burned 1 1/2 years ago.  It has a good gravel base, so it'll make a good parking spot for any equipment I can't get inside this winter.  

The 340 hadn't been run in a while, so it was good exercise before putting in Josh's lateral bed.   I'll snap a couple pics later, as I didn't have my cell phone on me.  

#6383 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 04:52 PM

Got my little IH T340 hi-lift crawler out today and did some cleanup where the hay barn burned 1 1/2 years ago.  It has a good gravel base, so it'll make a good parking spot for any equipment I can't get inside this winter.  

The 340 hadn't been run in a while, so it was good exercise before putting in Josh's lateral bed.   I'll snap a couple pics later, as I didn't have my cell phone on me.  

Please do as I can't remember seeing one of those!

#6384 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 05:21 PM

Sounds like a good day.

#6385 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 06:13 PM

Please do as I can't remember seeing one of those!

Here ya go.  A 1960 IH T340 with Drott high lift/clam bucket.  It's small but can do a lot for it's size.  I bought it around 18yrs ago with totally shot tracks and engine, turning brakes worn out, well, basically done for.  I re-pinned & bushed the track chains with a sledge hammer & a jig built to hold the links while I blistered my hands with the sledge.  Was a huge job, but the only way I could afford any type of dozer back then.  I built the limb risers & all out of an old Jeep roll cage.  It's not a ROPS, but it keeps trees from trying to take your head off.

P_20150831_1709221.jpg

The post is all that's left of the building.  I cut it off and left it, as there is 110AC to it.  Handy if I ever put another building there, but it's unlikely I will.

P_20150831_1709551.jpg P_20150831_1710261.jpg P_20150831_1710441.jpg

Sounds like a good day.

It was!  After I got done with the dozing, I came in the house & asked Teresa how fried chicken sounded, so we took off for Famous Recipe Fried Chicken.  Only thing is, Teresa just found Lil, one of our 2 pygmy goats had died.  She has been sick & we've been treating her, but she passed on while we were gone.  Gotta go take care of her now.  We've had her for around 9 or 10 years.  It would have to be Lil, as she was the nice goat of the 2.  The other one is a total butt!

• KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#6386 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 06:23 PM

Cool dozer, Daniel! Sorry to hear about Lil!

• olcowhand said thank you

#6387 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 07:25 PM

A T340 with a Drott 4 in 1 loader is a pretty danged nice piece of equipment.

I have operated one for more than a few hours :D and they are definitely 'over achievers' when it comes to the amount of work that they can do.

• olcowhand, Mr Electrak and KennyP have said thanks

#6388 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 11:21 PM

Day ending with a sleepless night. Allergies I believe causing this bad headache and my shoulders are aching as well. Hate these kind of nights. Came out on the porch for a while, then the neighbors dog started barking. In a few minutes I know why....skunk! Stunk bad for several minutes, but ok now. Maybe sleep will come soon. Tylenol is beginning to help but I sure miss being able to take ibuprofen.
  • Alc, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6389 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted September 01, 2015 - 07:16 AM

Nice little dozer!

Sorry to hear about the goat, for 9 or 10 yrs, she was a very old lady.

We lost our 3 yr big doe 2 weeks ago. My son had built a platform with steps and a ramp to exercise our show goats. She somehow got underneath it and flip it over on top of herself, it either broke her neck or suffocated her.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#6390 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 01, 2015 - 08:59 AM

Woke late, not quite 9am.  When I got out the door, all the large heifers were coming up to the lick tubs.  Was easy as sin to ghet them all in the barn.  Now to let them chill, separate the ones to go to the bull, let them chill again, move them to the former dairy cow lot, chill again, then move them to the back 40.  It's when you get them stirred up and don't allow chillin time that you have issues when moving them from field to field.  I always get worried when moving them, as this is the prime time for some to end up testing the fences or just plain plowing through them.