• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 04:59 PM

Glad to hear it didn't come off in the field, hopefully won;t be too much work to repair.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#6272 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 05:17 PM

Glad to hear it didn't come off in the field, hopefully won;t be too much work to repair.

No biggie, and I have some various lug studs, but don't know if any will fit.  I'll get into that in the morning.  Teresa had a dermatologist appointment this morning, and the spot on her cheek was just what the Dr called a sunspot & froze it.  We were worried about that.  Then I had my blood thinner "INR" checkup.  All my numbers were great, blood sugar & INR, but they pulled blood as it's been a while since they did full blood tests.  He also prescribed me some sleeping aid pills that he said also were a great pain reliever.  Hoping for a good night's sleep tonight, but he warned they sometimes take a few days to get used to.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6273 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 05:54 PM

Hope the sleeping pills help Daniel. Thanks for posting all the pictures of the hay making. That sure is beautiful country down there! 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6274 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 06:17 PM

There is always some issue that pops up! Hope the wagon is an easy fix! Good to hear Teresa's spot was taken care of! Hope the pills let you sleep! I could use some of those!

#6275 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 07:25 PM

There is always some issue that pops up! Hope the wagon is an easy fix! Good to hear Teresa's spot was taken care of! Hope the pills let you sleep! I could use some of those!

I didn't specify, but it was the Massey 362 that broke the studs.  I rested a few minutes, then grabbed some of the lug bolts & went to the shop.....they fit!  So I finished stacking all the hay, and tomorrow morning I think Dad & I will go pick up the scissor lift.  I'm just gonna drive the Cat 910 wheel loader the 6 miles to get it on the trailer.  Dad will pull the trailer with my truck.

I hope the pills work too.  Most nights I get to sleep easy enough, but I keep waking up during the night, mostly due to muscle cramps & such.  Doc said these should help, but to start with just one pill, and if it isn't enough, then go to 2 each night.  We'll see.

• Craig., KennyP and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#6276 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 10:35 PM

Hope the sleeping pills work out. There is nothing worse than not being able to sleep. They helped my dad a lot. Just be careful when you take them. Too late and you sleep till noon and too early and you pass out at 8! Dad had to play with his times to get it right.

Edited by toomanytoys84, August 14, 2015 - 10:35 PM.

• Craig. said thank you

#6277 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 06:39 AM

Well one pill did nothing, so took a second one. Nothing changed but I won't take more than 2 as instructed. He said I could be weird headed the first couple mornings but I feel normal. Maybe after a few days it will start working better.
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6278 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 11:24 AM

Got the lift loaded.  That beast is heavy!  The guy had unplugged the charger, so had no power at all to release the brakes.  I scooted it up but the wheels cut, but I got it far enough to take the loader to the front (driven & braked wheels) and hooked chain from bucket to the lift, then lifted weight off the wheels & used the articulation to scoot it on up into the trailer.

Got it home & took off the battery cover metal, then replaced two 6V batteries with one 12V.  On the other side I put my 12V jump box to give it 24V and she pulled herself off the trailer down the ramps into the shop.  All seems to work great.  Someone repaired a broken weld on one turn wheel, but didn't get it bent straight up before he welded it.  If I sell it I'll need to get that fixed right, but for now I can use it as-is.

P_20150815_1104071.jpg

• Alc, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#6279 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 04:33 PM

I wasn't gonna work much today, but had to try out the scissor lift.  This thing makes the job so much easier & safer.  I've put 6 new 2x6's up.  Let me tell ya, it's hot up there next to that tin!!!  I am so glad I bought this thing, if only to do this one job.  Rental would have cost as much or more, as once these 2x6's are finished, then the roof will be replaced on this section, and the old roof will become the ceiling.  So it'll make putting the tin on the ceiling a snap compared to without it, which would have been near impossible without the lift.

I still have to put the hanger brackets on 2 of the 2x6's, but it will be another day.  Each 2x6 is screwed to the old 2x4's in at least 3 places with 3" screws.

P_20150815_1643141.jpg P_20150815_1431261.jpg

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#6280 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 04:56 PM

Awsom. My guess is that it would be useful for alot of things u haven't thought of yet. I wouldn't sell it, I'd keep it. With us getting older this would make heights easer and most of all safer. I no I'd feel better knowing u had that available to use when ur alone to do a job rather then useing a ladder.
  • olcowhand, KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#6281 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 05:28 PM

Glad it is paying for itself already! Not something you will use often, but a real nice thing to have when you need it!

#6282 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 17, 2015 - 04:54 PM

Got a survey guy coming this week to give me a price on surveying the property going to my son.  Then I started putting up more 2x6 rafters under the high portion of my shop roof.  Had to stop several times due to calls, and going out to dad's due to a backed up sewer.  The guy who put the "wetland" system in will be coming to put in a new section of pipe from the tank to the wetland bed, as it has a blockage.

Finally got back to the shop ceiling and got one side completely finished.

P_20150817_1601241.jpg

Then I got all this other side hung on a single screw to the original 2x4 rafters in their centers, and will install the end brackets tomorrow if nothing else comes up.

P_20150817_1737331.jpg

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#6283 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted August 17, 2015 - 06:29 PM

Looks real good, Daniel!

#6284 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted August 17, 2015 - 06:31 PM

Looking good!
  • olcowhand said thank you

#6285 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 18, 2015 - 12:36 AM

Wat's the high roof part for? I figure you did it to lift truck beds up in the shop to work on?

• Craig. said thank you