• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 06:55 PM

Extreme heat or cold seem to affect me more since going on these blood thinners.  Game changers.

• Craig. and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#6182 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 07:33 PM

Now the AC is barely working in my Jeep Grand Cherokee.  Not low on R134, as the compressor never cycles...pumps continuously.  But the air inside is just barely cool & won't truly cool the inside.  Seems to be getting worse.  My gauge set's high side line looks rough, so I can't check high side pressure, but while compressor is running the low side read 70psi, which is a bit high.  I'm kind of thinking my low side line's built in orifice is blocked or damaged.

Talked to a Heating & Air guy at work and he said with out knowing the high side numbers he's agreeing with you, at this point it does point to the orifice as being the problem.

• olcowhand said thank you

#6183 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 08:02 PM

I got the high side gauge hose repaired, and will test for high pressure readings tomorrow.  All the low side lines are cool & sweating water, but not cold as it should be by a long shot.

• Craig. said thank you

#6184 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted July 29, 2015 - 10:48 AM

Sounds like the evap is plugged on the outside with degree or and oily residue, seen this far too many times in years past..
  • Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#6185 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted July 29, 2015 - 11:16 AM

Sounds like the evap is plugged on the outside with degree or and oily residue, seen this far too many times in years past..

There is plenty of air flow through the vents.  Wouldn't a blocked evaporator limit air flow?  I tested pressure this morning while cool, and pressures are fine.  I am leaning to my fan clutch not operating well enough when hot.  When I throttle up the engine at full temps, the air from the fan doesn't seem to increase at all.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#6186 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted July 29, 2015 - 01:00 PM

Then it should blow cold driving down the road, faster you go, cooler it willget if the fan is not working. Oil on the fins let'sair through but kills its aability to transfer or cool the air passing through it.
  • olcowhand, MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#6187 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted July 29, 2015 - 04:52 PM

Wow...106 heat index.  Had to go get 22 twelve foot 2x6, and some steel to build a new wagon tongue.  Was sweating like rain at the steel yard.  Truck's air isn't working so good at low speed either, but does fine down the road.  Might just be the heat for both truck & the Jeep.  The Jeeps fan clutch is slipping too much, so had to order one, as nobody had one in stock.  Usually I never ask for help at Lowes, but tired & hot as I was, I got someone to help load the 2x4's on the cart, and again to the truck.  This morning I searched everywhere (last night too), and never could find my rear rack for the truck to put the lumber on, so I just built a new one from square tubing.

If the Jeep's AC doesn't improve with a new clutch, then I'll pull the dash & get the air handler box out & get it fixed.  If I do that, I'll get a new evaporator, as it's got a slow leak somewhere.  I have to charge it once a year, sometimes twice.  If oil is on the evaporator, that would be the leak.

Gotta get rested & cooled off, then time to start mowing.  House yard & all the barn/pit areas need it.  I'd say 2 to 3 acres.

#6188 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,353 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted July 29, 2015 - 05:25 PM

I have not gotten good results from R-134! In town, it will not cool. Out on the highway, it takes forever for it to get down to a good temp!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#6189 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted July 30, 2015 - 04:56 PM

This morning I serviced the 10' bush hog, then had to make a run to town to the bank, then give my daughter a ride home from work.  They were short a vehicle today.  Came home & mowed down part of a severely grown up field where our milk cows used to pasture.  Not been able to mow it till now due to surgery, then the never ending rain we went through.  Rained 2" last night, but the ground was firm even though it is steep.  Danged ragweed was 10' tall in places.  More to finish mowing the next couple days.

But tonight Teresa & I are going to a local tractor pull.  Not been to one in years, and after the storms rolled through, the temps are perfect for such an outing.  First real event I've gone to other than my own plow day in I don't know how long.

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks

#6190 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,353 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted July 30, 2015 - 06:04 PM

Have a great time!

#6191 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,468 Thanks
  • 5,004 posts

Posted July 30, 2015 - 10:04 PM

Have a great time!

I agree and I hope the weather holds for you. 

• olcowhand said thank you

#6192 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 30, 2015 - 10:58 PM

Hope you had a great time. Is this the pulls you were telling me about last week?

#6193 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 04:07 AM

I have not gotten good results from R-134! In town, it will not cool. Out on the highway, it takes forever for it to get down to a good temp!

Don't blame the 134, blame dodge for making a poor system. My GM rigs all had crazy cold a.c., my toymotor pickup warms when sitting still a little more than I like, as does the Mazda CX9 the wife has, so your not alone LOL ,next new truck for me will be either a full sized GM diesel or the new Colorado diesel? It will all depend on tow ratings,as I need tow capabilities coming up, and the toymotor just doesn't have it...

Enjoy your self Dan, I'm gonna miss one tonight .. Hope the Ford's do well? I know the cub will😉

Edited by skyrydr2, July 31, 2015 - 04:11 AM.

#6194 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 06:12 AM

Had fun and met a lot of old friends. Left before it ended but was getting tired. Took a few pulls in video till my battery got low. I'll get it uploaded later. IH was king

• MH81, OldBuzzard, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#6195 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 06:15 AM

Hope you had a great time. Is this the pulls you were telling me about last week?

Yes it was. Better than our fairgrounds has ever had. I think the abbreviation was KTPA sanctioned?