I finally got all the 3/4" bolts torched and all 8 cutter units separated. About 4 showed signs of seal leakage, although not bad, but ALL get new seals. I have parts sourced through 3 places. My New Holland dealer, seals through a bearing supply, and new shock absorbing hubs through Messicks, which were half the price through my dealer. My dealer wanted almost $150 per gearbox, and Messick's I got a set for 2 gearboxes for just $133 and identical OE parts! It pays to shop around. It'll end up 4 grand or maybe a bit more rebuilding the entire thing, but it was the only true option left.
Tomorrow I start cleaning up all the components which will take all day, maybe longer. Then the rebuild process starts. Not all my parts are in yet, but I have new parts to rebuild 3 of the 8 units already.