UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 06:39 PM

I've ran my little Massey 3 1/2 hours or more today just moving scrap & putting things away under roof.  That little loader will always get used, even without a dairy going.   Handiest thing I've ever built.  Willie, if you ever get a deal on an FEL, go for it man....you'd NEVER regret it! 

Trust me I am looking for one I can afford. 

Bad thing about being disabled and trying to work is that you don't have enough money to buy what you need to get the work done because you live on disability. It is a viscous circle. 

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#5822 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 05, 2015 - 05:38 PM

Put in a water hydrant/hose hanger/valve combo from TSC for Teresa this morning to make accessing water for her flowers out front easier.  The hydrant comes out of the cellar behind the AC unit, and makes for a tangled mess to trip over getting to the hydrant valve.  I had an old concreted pipe still there where I used to have dish TV, but the \unit wouldn't fit over, so welded a larger square tube to the unit, slipped over cut down pipe, then drilled & bolted solid.  

P_20150605_1142331.jpg

Had new gator blades for my 430 that came with it, so today I finally put them on.  Needed to clean the deck underside, so easier to clean deck with blades off, installed gators, then hung up old blades & I'll sharpen them later & have them on standby.  I also did some caulking around windows, but I may be done for the day.  Pretty tired.  But then again I may rest a bit then feel like mowing around the house.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#5823 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted June 05, 2015 - 06:17 PM

Skip the mowing, and mix up some mortar.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#5824 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 05, 2015 - 07:13 PM

Skip the mowing, and mix up some mortar.

Oh, you REALLY want me to feel some pain don't ya!  I've mixed more than a few boats of mortar!

• Craig. said thank you

#5825 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted June 05, 2015 - 07:29 PM

Sounds like a full day. 

#5826 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 05, 2015 - 07:31 PM

Sounds like a full day. 

Full enough, but I did take several rest breaks.

• Craig. said thank you

#5827 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,566 Thanks
  • 3,950 posts

Posted June 05, 2015 - 09:10 PM

It is good to read how well you are recovering Dan. Almost amazing how much you are up and getting things done.

• olcowhand, Mr Electrak, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#5828 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 04:13 AM

Sounds like you've been busy, Daniel... A good sign that you're feeling better!!

#5829 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 06:27 AM

Bad part is I still can't sleep much later than I ever did.  I can lay around till maybe 6:30and I MUST get up.  Late enough I suppose, especially this time of the year when the sun is up.  Coffee is brewing and I'll actually feel like a human soon. Mornings are the best.  Like this morning 80 to 90 % of my right hand numbness is gone, with my left being gone about 60 to 70% and just gets better every day (worsens some by late night).  My neck really isn't the issue later in the day, rather shoulder & back muscles that attach at the neck.  All better with time, and only being 16 days since surgery, I guess I am a walking miracle.  The hospital folks all think of me that way already.  Usually when the anesthesiologist comes in to speak to you before surgery, he will ask you a lot & tell you a lot.  This time when I started to tell him some of my medical stuff, he stopped me right there & said he knew ALL about me and I had a very impressive history of survival against impossible odds.  He, my neck surgeon, my pulmonologist, & the surgeon that put my vena cava filter in had been having a pow wow about me, so they all had their ducks in a row for this go-round.  I already realized how lucky I had been to survive my clots, but after him telling me this, it really sunk in even further.  I already know how fortunate I am, as I have lost 2 old friends in the last 2 weeks.  Randy was around 54 and had been battling leukemia for years and it took him about 2 weeks ago.  Then a former neighbor, she was about the same age passed 2 days ago after a life of serious diabetes that ended up destroying her heart.  I was just out of the hospital & in awful pain when Randy's visitation was held, but I will be able to make Pam's, which I think will be tomorrow.  My dear Uncle Gene, Dad's 82yr old brother is in serious condition following a stroke.  And worse, he lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, so I can't get down there to see him.  He doesn't even always recognize his 3 sons, and can barely speak, but at least not in a coma now. I have 2 sisters with colon cancer, one still battling heavy with it, mostly confined to bed.  And my dear friend Brian battling the same now, but whom I know all 3 WILL defeat it, plus many others very sick, some battling dementia & Alzheimer's.

So to those who wonder why I work when I don't have to at the moment......well, I want to enjoy life, even if it hurts a bit.

• Bill56, massey driver, Mr Electrak and 4 others have said thanks

#5830 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 06:44 AM

Great news Dan, good clean living helps too, hows your corn doing this year ? Also what do you use for fertilizer when hilling for a side dress? :thumbs:

Be safe, and don't over do it, only you know what that limit is, well maybe Teresa does too, so easy does it. I am starting to feel like you were before your surgery, minus the neck pain, with work, gardens and kids.... I'm whipped... and still need to weed my little garden some, get over to the large garden and service the corn and taters and start staking tomatos...DOH!!

#5831 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 06:58 AM

No true garden this year Keith and no corn at all.  Just too much on our plate to go ahead & plant.  Plus we have quite a reserve of canned & frozen goods.  I have been mowing the garden area instead of spraying since I hadn't had time to get the sprayer serviced (plus it needs cover to hold the soil), but I did a walk through before last mowing & found Teresa 5 volunteer squash plants, so mowed around them.  Now she wants to go get some eggplant & maybe a few other plants, but not too much.  We also have 4 volunteer tomato plants, plus one in a large tub we bought.  I may get Hogzilla out today (tiller still mounted) & till a small spot for her new plants coming soon.

As far as garden fertilize, I use little being I usually add plenty composted manure, bu when I do add, I usually just drag off a 5 gallon bucket full of 50/50/50 off the top of the spreader buggy that I use on pasture ground.

And yes, Teresa has to pull my plug occasionally when she sees my feet beginning to drag!  :smilewink:

• massey driver, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#5832 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 07:36 AM

I have always believed that a person has to move even in if in pain. I believe it's the body's way of fighting back.  I find that when I hurt etc: If I get busy doing stuff the I forget about hurting [and feel way better] if I sit around and think about it,things are worse. Guess like the saying says  { No Pain No Gain} 

BTW good to hear that your feeling better and sounds like improving by leaps and bounds.

• Craig. said thank you

#5833 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,486 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 07:44 AM

I have the same issue with getting up early. Always have been an early riser. Glad to hear things are going well with the healing! Carry on!

• Craig. said thank you

#5834 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 08:47 AM

I wish I had the problem of early rising. I like to sleep in....got up at 9 today felt good

#5835 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 09:52 AM

I may not be on as much today as dsl, tv, and phone are out, and posting on cell can be aggravating with fat fingers. All went out right after my last post. Called to be sure it wasn't on my end. But seems I'm only one of over 300 disconnected. Someone cut a main fiber optic cable!
  • MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks