• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 07:07 PM

I can see where this is heading!

Oh no, not going anywhere bad, as I take no offense to anything said in the way toward looking after my best interests.  But sometimes even if one does push his limits (slightly) physically when it at the same time boosts their mental state immensely, it's a gain overall.  That was my case today.  I do find when I  have a more physical day that the next day needs to be more restful, and that is my plan for tomorrow.  

• massey driver, grnspot110, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#5807 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,642 Thanks
  • 1,735 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 07:13 PM

.................  that the next day needs to be more restful, and that is my plan for tomorrow. ............ 

:D      You talked me into it.    :D   

Hoping your recovery continues going well.   :thumbs:         Rick

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#5808 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 07:19 PM

Just don't want to see you have a setback!

• olcowhand, Bill56, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks

#5809 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 07:32 PM

Just don't want to see you have a setback!

No setback will happen, long as I don't lift heavy stuff.  That was all my surgeon was telling me to absolutely not do except to also not drive on the roads.  He didn't even want me to wear a neck brace at all so I'll move my neck as much as possible, but when walking/etc I feel safer wearing it in case I slipped or the like.  He wants me walking & doing as much as I can without stressing my neck or any muscles connecting to it, which turns out is almost every muscle in the body by the way.  His only true warnings were not driving, lifting more than 8lbs till my 1st checkup (Thursday), and do light work only, which is what I have been doing.  He also stated that he knew my idea of light work was likely considered medium to heavy work to most of his patients.  His other order was to rest whenever possible, which I do.  This is the 1st day I haven't had at least 2 naps during the day, plus the first day I haven't felt like I needed one.  Also, the numbness in my hands is lessening!  :thumbs:

• MH81, grnspot110, Alc and 6 others have said thanks

#5810 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 07:41 PM

Good to hear things are healing right then. If you feel your going by the Doc's orders, then go for it. I'm just worried something will make you twist the neck real fast and make it hurt again. Like a wasp or something divebombing.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and Craig. have said thanks

#5811 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 07:49 PM

The only thing that causes my neck to ache is being on my feet too long at a stretch.  Today when we went to town, it started aching a bit, so I let my Jeep's seat back to reclined & took a rest while Teresa ran into Krogers.  Ache goes away instantly when I recline.  I do put the soft brace on snug almost every time I go for a walk or like when I drove the GT and big Massey to slow sudden movements from unexpected events of whatever nature.  I've never been this vigilant with anything medical in my life, and that is not an exaggeration! 

• massey driver, MH81, grnspot110 and 4 others have said thanks

#5812 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 05:56 AM

Glad you are able to be doing more, Daniel.
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#5813 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 07:35 AM

Glad to hear you are feeling better and taking precautions.

I won't harp on ya, ....I had a father who was carrying in firewood 10 days from open heat surgery. You sounds like you are not pushing it, but yet still doing stuff. Sometimes the mental healing by doing stuff trumps the physical!

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#5814 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 11:51 AM

Been busy again this morning.  First just hung out with Dad while he tinkered with the Massey 175, then helped him move the burned 175 rear end up into the oldest freestall alley out of the way completely.  May need internals from it later on, so want it out of the weather.  Then discovered ALL the protein lick tubs were empty, so placed eight 125lb pails.  Easy to just slide them into my small FEL and then place in feeders with bucket tilt...no handling to place.  After lunch I'll use my small FEL to move burned beyond use parts of the old 175 into the scrap pile so I'll have my old spot to park my truck out of the way.  May run to town to pick up cattle insecticide rubbers as the heifers are getting aggravated by face flies.  Having a good day, and easy enough doing it all.

• grnspot110, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#5815 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 01:19 PM

Sounds like a great day again today for you. Did you hand slide those tubs into the bucket??  Where's the photo of the burned up tractor in  the scrap pile? Your slipping Daniel !! :rolling:

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#5816 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 01:47 PM

Glad to hear you are easing back into it. I have a problem with the "ease" part. I tent to jump back in before I should. 

That little FEL is a life saver isn't it. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#5817 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 02:47 PM

Sounds like a great day again today for you. Did you hand slide those tubs into the bucket??  Where's the photo of the burned up tractor in  the scrap pile? Your slipping Daniel !! :rolling:

OK, pics coming later.  Not much to see, as mostly just sheet metal & the old Freeman loader. I hated putting the Freeman loader in the pile, as I do have another pair of good cylinders I could have put back on it, but the front end of it got quiote hot, so I'm sure it's temper is gone & would bend if put back to work.  Heck, we bent it years ago & had to add gussets to reinforce it.  That loader we had on Dad's old MF 50 from as far back as my memory goes (pre-school).  

Yes, been slipping some with pics, but remember, I'm a druggie for a while.  :smilewink:  

Had to slightly raise each protein tub out of the one below, then a simple slide onto the poo forks, bucket not mounted.  Raising each tub required a little effort effort, but done right (which I did Cat!), there was no strain at all.  Dad helped me lift heavier items when needed.  I will admit, being an decently honest guy, I did move a 45lb wheel weight with just my right arm, but then all us guys get stupid now & then right??  By end of day I'll have my pickup parking space back.

Dad spent most of the day straightening the old shop.  

I did get to aching right good a while ago, but realized I was 2 hours past meds time.   Feel good now.  Teresa said all signs of swelling are gone!   Kinda hard for me to see, even with a pair of mirrors.

Glad to hear you are easing back into it. I have a problem with the "ease" part. I tent to jump back in before I should. 

That little FEL is a life saver isn't it. 

I've ran my little Massey 3 1/2 hours or more today just moving scrap & putting things away under roof.  That little loader will always get used, even without a dairy going.   Handiest thing I've ever built.  Willie, if you ever get a deal on an FEL, go for it man....you'd NEVER regret it! 

• Texas Deere and Horse and KennyP have said thanks

#5818 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 05:25 PM

Here are some pics.

Tractor & Freeman loader parts on top of the old Bush Hog.

P_20150603_1622151.jpg

Where I dismantled the burned Massey 175. Soon to be reclaimed for my truck parking spot.

P_20150603_1609371.jpg

Massey 2745 with seed drill I used yesterday.

P_20150603_1608491.jpg

Used my little FEL to load the burned tires on the trailer full of old posts that Craig & Josh pulled up.

P_20150603_1607131.jpg

Moved these Massey 175 cast wheel hubs with my little FEL too.  These must weigh a good 400lbs each.  Barely had enough traction to move them.

P_20150603_1606211.jpg

• Bill56, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#5819 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 05:27 PM

I'll back off and let you decide whats good for you, Daniel. Just happy to see you doing something, no matter how!

• olcowhand, Bill56 and Craig. have said thanks

#5820 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for the pics!
  • olcowhand said thank you