8687 replies to this topic

#5746 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 03:59 PM

Josh got the hay roller tie mechanism working, and the first cutting is in. Josh asked what it would all make & I guessed up to 70+.  It rolled out 72 bales, so this old fart still knows something!

Compared to Grandpa were still kids!

• olcowhand, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks

#5747 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 04:12 PM

Let Caleb r dog out @ 11pm last night and I didn't c it but there was skunk in front of the RV and he attacked it, I couldn't c anything, didn't no what was going on, yelling @ Caleb to stop and come here but to late he chased that skunk under the RV when the skunk let him have it!!! to say the least we couldn't sleep in the RV last night and most likely not tonight ether. This was the second time for that dog didn't learn from the first go around. grrrrrr. Sue spent most of the night and day cleaning Caleb, and everything from sidewalk, RV, and our clothes, and yes I helped the best I could while having dry heaves.

• olcowhand, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 2 others have said thanks

#5748 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,436 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 04:24 PM

Let Caleb r dog out @ 11pm last night and I didn't c it but there was skunk in front of the RV and he attacked it, I couldn't c anything, didn't no what was going on, yelling @ Caleb to stop and come here but to late he chased that skunk under the RV when the skunk let him have it!!! to say the least we couldn't sleep in the RV last night and most likely not tonight ether. This was the second time for that dog didn't learn from the first go around. grrrrrr. Sue spent most of the night and day cleaning Caleb, and everything from sidewalk, RV, and our clothes, and yes I helped the best I could while having dry heaves.

Welcome to the country!

• Craig. said thank you

#5749 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,702 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 10:36 AM

Buster our hound dog hasn't learned his lesson with Snakes.  They can be as hard headed as kids!

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and Craig. have said thanks

#5750 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 10:58 AM

Such encouraging words lol. I guess I have to agree, cuz I had him out and he caught the sent of that skunk and tried to track it down. I don't want to go through that again.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#5751 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 11:33 AM

Such encouraging words lol. I guess I have to agree, cuz I had him out and he caught the sent of that skunk and tried to track it down. I don't want to go through that again.

My old outside dog I had when I was a kid. From the time he was a year old till we had to out him down at 16 he got sprayed at least twice a summer by a skunk. He never learned. We would take him to the creek let him swim and get wet then cover him in a whole bottle of dawn and then let him swim to rinse off.

Still stunk but not as bad

I think he did it because the skunk will stand its ground. He never could catch rabbits or squirrels so when he ran up on a skunk they stood their ground and sprayed him. Then he ran off squealing and rubbing his face on the ground.

Edited by toomanytoys84, May 25, 2015 - 11:35 AM.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and Craig. have said thanks

#5752 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 12:02 PM

We had a dog that got sprayed several times. She had her own cure though. She rolled in cow piles and walked around till it dried then jumped in the pond. It seemed to work. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 2 others have said thanks

#5753 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,392 Thanks
  • 1,528 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 10:51 PM

1st good laugh tonight, my dog did something similar, but with a ground hog.

We had a dog that got sprayed several times. She had her own cure though. She rolled in cow piles and walked around till it dried then jumped in the pond. It seemed to work. 

2nd good laugh.

• Craig. said thank you

#5754 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 07:50 PM

Well I made it home! Smelly dog and all. Wind battered me and the RV all the way home. White knuckle effect most the way home. Cant wait till my mussels heal up and I'm so looking forward to my BED :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: 

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#5755 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,436 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 07:53 PM

Glad you got home safely,Craig! Thanks for helping Daniel out!

• olcowhand and TheFarm2004 have said thanks

#5756 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 07:56 PM

Glad you got home safely,Craig! Thanks for helping Daniel out!

Tks. It was my pleasure to help my uncle out!!!

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#5757 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,436 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted May 27, 2015 - 06:27 AM

If I were closer, I'd be there!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#5758 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,702 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted May 27, 2015 - 07:04 AM

it the winds were anything like we got here yesterday I bet you were white knuckled!  Glad you made it home safely.  I always like coming home to my own bed.

• Craig. said thank you

#5759 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 28, 2015 - 11:14 AM

Craig, it's so great that you could go and help out Daniel like that. I know it made a big difference for Josh to have the help on the farm. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Glad to hear you made it home safely and got to sleep in your own bed, nothing better then that !!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#5760 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted May 28, 2015 - 01:30 PM

Been a trying 24 hours.  One simply the pain, then realized I'm about out of pain meds.  Call surgeon's office about refills and written script must  be picked up, but my cousin who works there said she'd meet Teresa after work & give her the script, saving 40 miles off the trip.  Last night I felt rough, then TV kept freezing.  Internet was hit & miss, so I did get a service call message to my TV/internet provider.  Then soon after light storms roll in.  Just as I was pulling the data plug from my just weeks old wireless router lightning hit.  Teresa already had our big TV and all unplugged & wires pulled from the back of tv.  But lightning took my new router, cable TV box & cable modem , my 19" flatscreen TV in the kitchen connected to air antennae and my antennae booster.  The cable TV stuff is on the phone company's dime, but I'm hit again at about $350+.  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks