Today I went to town to get stuff for repairing the tractor, and was going to pick up a 1 ton pallet of molasses lick tubs. They were out of tubs.
Nobody in town could expand 3 1/2" pipe to repair my tractor's exhaust tube, so I came home & made one by splitting 3 1/2" pipe, welding in a strip to make it large enough to just slip over the 3 1/2" pipe still on the tractor, then taking 4" pipe, which fits the exhaust stack, peening one end inward till the other piece of pipe slid tight into it, and welded together. It should last a long time.
I have all the gasket surfaces cleaned & ready. Have to run my water pump to my Massey dealer tomorrow to have them ship to their rebuilder. I was going to just order a kit, but I was putting a lot of pressure trying to press out the shaft, and it didn't budge. I don't want to bust this housing, so I'll let pro's do it. The rebuilder didn't have any housings like mine, that's why I have to ship mine to them, otherwise I'd have just picked up a reman, and turned mine in as a core.
Dropped alternator off today to get it checked out & any needed repairs.
This afternoon I had problems feeding silage, as the Massey 1100 quit turning over just as it almost fired. I think it's in the battery cable connections. I cleaned them best I could without my good terminal cleaning tool (which I've lost track of) but it still wouldn't crank, so put my jump box on it & got the feeding done. I'll deal with it tomorrow.