• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hope you get a chance to put the feet up Daniel, sounds like you could use a 5 minute break... Or 10 of them.

BTW,
That wasn't a tub of orange sherbet, it was a container of brownie points. :poke:

#513 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hope you get a chance to put the feet up Daniel, sounds like you could use a 5 minute break... Or 10 of them.

BTW,
That wasn't a tub of orange sherbet, it was a container of brownie points. :poke:

Took a bit longer to milk...running slow! Sunday is my day off, so I plan to take it easy as I can. Likely does earn me points, but she's earned MUCH more than I've given. I'm always spoiled by her. It's the little things that count! :thumbs:
  • MH81 said thank you

#514 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 08:37 PM

I have always wondered how many brownie points you needed to redeem for something you wanted. I mean say you have 50 brownie points, can you get her to take out the trash without complaining? What about if you wanted her to wash the truck? How many points do you need? Someone needs to come up with a chart so I can redeem these points I have. I might settle for something when I could have gotten something better.

#515 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 11:44 AM

Time for my bi-annual hoof trimming today.  25 head to do, and only 5 finished this morning due to set up time.  20 more will take all afternoon, and it's gonna kick my butt.  Nice cool weather for doing it though, and no wind.  

#516 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 12:20 PM

Sounds like fun. Make sure you get a pedicure for yourself while you are all set up.

#517 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 03:13 PM

I have always wondered how many brownie points you needed to redeem for something you wanted. I mean say you have 50 brownie points, can you get her to take out the trash without complaining? What about if you wanted her to wash the truck? How many points do you need? Someone needs to come up with a chart so I can redeem these points I have. I might settle for something when I could have gotten something better.

We could come up with a chart, but it varies woman to woman and minute to minute. Hitting that target would be like trying to lick a postage stamp on the deck of a ship, in high seas, with your hands tied behind your back and you're not allowed to touch the floor with your face.

In other words, settle for what you get. :rolling:

#518 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 04:47 PM

Hitting that target would be like trying to lick a postage stamp on the deck of a ship, in high seas, with your hands tied behind your back and you're not allowed to touch the floor with your face.

Wow. Things are easy at your house. Your wife just throws those points around. :worship:

• MH81 said thank you

#519 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:11 PM

Sounds like fun. Make sure you get a pedicure for yourself while you are all set up.

One slip with my carbide rotary cutter, and I'll get a pedicure for life!  Just finished 10 minutes ago.....long long day, and my shoulders & most all my other body parts are telling me about it!  25 cows, so 100 nasty feet trimmed, and at least a dozen feet packed/wrapped with meds to get rid of sores/heel warts, then taped all up.  Getting older makes these jobs lots harder on a guy, but it's my own fault for putting it off so long.  Usually I'll do about 1/2 this many at a time, but I drug my feet, so more feet to trim! 

I might just need to take a shower now.   :smilewink:

#520 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:14 PM

Did you paint the nails too?

#521 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:17 PM

Did you paint the nails too?

There were a few nice & RED, but not fingernail polish.  Very little bloodletting this time, but always some.  The sores must be opened to drain.  Sure it hurts them some, but as soon as I let them go, they walk so much better, that you know they are in less pain afterward.

• KennyP said thank you

#522 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:57 PM

But, Daniel! You know the ladies like their nails painted!

#523 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:29 PM

We and your family would appreciate it!!!! :smilewink:  :poke:

#524 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 12:05 PM

We and your family would appreciate it!!!! :smilewink:  :poke:

Oh crap!  Just checking in on this thread & realized I forgot to shower!   :bigrofl:

Today I have the Massey 1855 w/FEL cleaning some calf stalls.  Had to let it run a while to circulate & warm the hydraulic oil.  Once warmed a bit, the action was much faster.  Got half the stalls cleaned, and will finish in just a bit. Herd vet check tomorrow, then pouring half a load of concrete at the top end of one of the silage pits.

#525 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 11:57 AM

Got a call a while ago from a neighbor who borders the back of our farm at the main highway.  When he calls, it's always bad.....cows out at the highway!   Shot out the drive in my truck & got there pronto.  I saw one of our bull that runs with the heifers going back toward the creek, so that's good.  Went down the road to the next place to turn around, and when I got back I saw a bull running across the field, so thought...."good, he's back in already"....   WRONG, the biggest bull, and he's a biggun, was standing in the swollen creek (did I say it's also raining cats & dogs?).  So when I walk down in there, he starts walking towards me.  But, I think he was looking for me to get him back in rather than coming to get me.  I got him turned, and he jumped over a low place in the fence, so all are back in now.  I checked the next hollows & fences between and found no tracks, and wet as it is, they would leave a definite trail.  No signs anywhere else, but tomorrow, raining or not, fences have to be looked at CLOSE!  I'm gonna go feed them extra silage in a few minutes to keep them up at the barn area till we can get things patched up back there.  Never does this happen in good weather!