• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,743 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 06:54 PM

Glad to hear the Jeep is doing well so far! I hope you get the cooling fan issue figured out.

#4142 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 07:33 PM

Glad to hear the Jeep is doing well so far! I hope you get the cooling fan issue figured out.

My son had my multimeter, so didn't get to test the capacitor.  It's either the cap or the motor, so not an issue.  Just gotta make time to get either or both replaced.  

From our meeting, Teresa went just a few hundred yards to the Sam's store, and she said the Jeep died, but restarted no problem.  That's the first issue in a few hundred miles of driving.  Likely order a new ECM soon.

• Bill56, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 2 others have said thanks

#4143 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 09:54 PM

Daniel, on that fan.  If it is cool ie, the thermal protection hasn't kicked in, then you can energize the equipment and use something to start the motor rotating.  If it takes off from there and spins up to speed, it is definitely the capacitor.  If not, it's the motor.  Also, a visual inspection of the capacitor can show if it is "blown".  I usually see a small 'crown' on top of the capacitor when it is blown.

• Bill56, Alc and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#4144 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 02:18 PM

The motor was HOT, too hot to do more than a split second touch.  Gonna check it out more in a few minutes.  Just returned from overnight dairy meeting.

• Craig., KennyP and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#4145 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 08:36 PM

Been having trouble with this pinched nerve a few weeks now.  After a couple of less strenuous days, it has let up some.  Still both arms tingle at times, depending on my position it can get intense, but not real painful, just rather very uncomfortable.  My neck crunches, so I figure I have inflammation in it.  Got a lot of work to do around here, but if it doesn't improve more soon, or gets worse, I'll be forced to see a doc about it.  Even before the shoulder pain & arms tingling, on both hands, the little finger to middle fingers are numb at their tips or further down sometimes.  Makes for less than restful sleep.

Today was a day off, but wrenched on a friend's Chinese go-kart for his daughter.  It's the most I've done on a day off in weeks now, and felt good messing with it.  Got it running, but it needs more TLC.

• Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#4146 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 12:24 AM

Those Chinese go karts and 4 wheelers need a lot of TLC.  I get quite a few of them to work on during the course of the year.  If there not to old it isn't to hard to get most parts but if a transmission or gearbox goes and it has a few years on it then... 

A friend of our had a Chinese Buggy / go kart and that thing what a blast to drive and play with until his daughter sheared the gearbox output shaft for the left wheel.  Never did find a replacement and couldn't find a machine shop that could make one.

• Craig. said thank you

#4147 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 03:36 AM

Hope you are feeling better soon, Daniel. I'm dealing with numb fingers too. Like you said... It's uncomfortable.
  • Craig. said thank you

#4148 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,743 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 05:26 AM

I hope you can find some relief soon, Daniel!

#4149 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 12:53 PM

Mowed the home yard with the JD 430, then the barnyard & roadside with the JD F935.  Neck & arms sore & stiff, but just feeling like doing it in the first place was a plus!  :thumbs:

• Bill56, GTTinkerer, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4150 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 03:21 PM

If the China cart has a gy6 motor and drive then parts are easy to find. Along with a bunch of performance parts.

We took dad's 800 dollar gy6 powered scooter and threw a high comp piston cam and different driver and driven unit. Darn thing will almost wheelie now without a tug on the handle bars
  • Craig. said thank you

#4151 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 04:01 PM

Yep, it's a GY6.  Had tons of company this afternoon, at least 4 separate visitors.  Getting started milking a bit late, but that's ok.  Had a decent day!

• Bill56, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4152 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 10:12 AM

Been busy as heck this morning.  Milked first, then weaned/moved a half dozen calves, then separated the weaned into 2 group pens.  Closed up the 20 or so windows in the calf barn, tagged 5 calves, drug out the down cow that I put out of misery yesterday, as the dead wagon will pick her up today.  Tied down the loose ends of the tarp covering the rolled hay stack, fed out 3 rolls of hay, then put out some lick tubs.  I think that's the day so far.

Taking Dad to the doc today after lunch, as he's not been feeling so good the last few days.  Mom thinks he has another urinary tract infection, so we'll see.

• Craig. said thank you

#4153 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 10:39 AM

Sorry to hear you lost the cow.

Hope pops can get to feeling better!

• olcowhand said thank you

#4154 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 11:09 AM

Finished mowing around the parlor & pits just now.  That will mostly finish my day (except for afternoon silage feeding) what with taking Dad to the doc & all.  But taking my truck, as I need some calf sweet feed, mineral, and sodi-bicarb, so the trip will take Dad to Southern States as well.  He's not been there in months.

Hoping to get some shop roof on tomorrow after the morning vet check.  That roof must get finished this week!  

• Bill56, Texas Deere and Horse and Craig. have said thanks

#4155 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 03:10 PM

Took Dad to his family Dr, and he does have a bad infection, but antibiotics already in him now, and for the next week. About a week or so after the meds run out, I told him we'll go back to be sure they did the job. He enjoyed going into Southern States, but he got to talking, so didn't know if I'd get to leave! LOL Went into Save-a-lot to get them 2 sweet onions and a gallon of milk, and when I went out, Dad was 1/2 way to the store's door. He forgot Mom wanted some bleach and a dozen eggs, so......back in again I went. Hadn't been in that store for likely 2 years or more, now twice in 10 minutes. I think he'll be ok in a few days. If he doesn't start feeling better soon, Dr Iqbal, his urologist will be next to see.

• Bill56, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks