• Please log in to reply
8682 replies to this topic

#4006 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 24, 2014 - 08:36 PM

there are so many jobs on the farm that qualify for that !!!!!!!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#4007 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,393 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted September 25, 2014 - 04:53 PM

Just wanted to let you, Teresa, and all out there know we made some of that 'Plow Day' chili. That stuff is awesome! On my second BIG bowl! We stayed real close to the original recipe, just added several shakes of crushed red pepper. Great stuff folks!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#4008 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,588 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 25, 2014 - 05:17 PM

Just wanted to let you, Teresa, and all out there know we made some of that 'Plow Day' chili. That stuff is awesome! On my second BIG bowl! We stayed real close to the original recipe, just added several shakes of crushed red pepper. Great stuff folks!

Wow, you didn't waste any time!  Did ya close yer eyes & pretend you eating at Plow Day?  :rolling:   Glad you like it so much.  It's awfully good...especially when it's bitter cold out!

Went to bed last night feeling rough, congested from allergies & a bad headache.  Not my best today, but got the 140 small bales in the barn, went to town to have new hose made for the loader on the MF362 that got pinched.  First thing after this morning milking I helped the owner of the WWII trailer load it on his trailer. Scott delivered here for the owner to pick up.  He & his wife are great people.  When he was ready to leave, he handed me money for storing & helping him.  I wouldn't take it, but then he said he insisted & wouldn't have it any other way.  I didn't know what amount it was rolled up.  He gave me $100!!!!!!!!!  A lot to an old farm boy, and I was glad to do it for nothing to help Scott.  Helped that he was an eye Doc.  He restores WWII memorabilia,  some he keeps, some he ends up selling, and he donates some to WWII museums.  It would be great to have enough money to be able to give things to a good cause.  Mostly I can only give of myself.

• Texas Deere and Horse, GTTinkerer, Craig. and 6 others have said thanks

#4009 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,393 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted September 25, 2014 - 05:25 PM

I have liked that chili from the first bite at your place! Yeah, we'll add some here and there to suit our taste buds, but the basic recipe is the best.

Glad you got a little 'Daniel & Teresa' money (or GT money, your choice). Maybe you can take Teresa out for her choice of meals! Would do you some good for sure!

• olcowhand said thank you

#4010 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,588 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 25, 2014 - 05:28 PM

I have liked that chili from the first bite at your place! Yeah, we'll add some here and there to suit our taste buds, but the basic recipe is the best.

Glad you got a little 'Daniel & Teresa' money (or GT money, your choice). Maybe you can take Teresa out for her choice of meals! Would do you some good for sure!

I told him I would take Teresa out for a couple or 3 meals!  We tend to eat at less expensive places.  I once got lobster & was disappointed with paying $25 each for what wasn't as good as I figured it would be.  More expensive means just that!  Good ole chili is hard to beat anyway!  :thumbs:   Heck, a $50 pot of chili would last darn near a whole winter!

• Bill56, Texas Deere and Horse, GTTinkerer and 4 others have said thanks

#4011 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,393 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted September 25, 2014 - 05:34 PM

My thinking is being able to get 'out' without all the hassel/issues you have been having! Don't matter the cost, just get out!

• olcowhand, Bill56 and sacsr have said thanks

#4012 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 07:30 AM

... I once got lobster & was disappointed with paying $25 each for what wasn't as good as I figured it would be.  ...

That was my opinion on lobster as well...until I had one that was fresh out of the ocean.

We were in Nova Scotia, and right on the coast.  REALLY fresh lobster is a whole world apart from what you get inland.

• olcowhand, Craig., oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#4013 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 08:15 AM

That was my opinion on lobster as well...until I had one that was fresh out of the ocean.

We were in Nova Scotia, and right on the coast.  REALLY fresh lobster is a whole world apart from what you get inland.

That is when it is good.  Otherwise its just chewy and lacks taste.

I love lobster, but live 8 hours away from the ocean, so I don't get there often enough.  When I was on the cruise in April I had lobster twice, and it was frozen or cooked once and reheated because it was awful.

• Craig. said thank you

#4014 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,588 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 02:18 PM

After morning milking, I've been bush hogging about 20 acres of steep hillsides that needed it over a month ago, but no time to get it done.  Finally it looks decent back there.  I did the rough steep areas, while Dad did the smoother, but still steep areas.  He used the 2745 with cab & 15' batwing, while I used the open MF1100 with a 10' hog.  No sliding at all, but I did have to drop a gear this morning while it was wet with dew.  Get a little break before milking tonight.

• Bill56, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4015 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 06:24 PM

That is when it is good.  Otherwise its just chewy and lacks taste.

I love lobster, but live 8 hours away from the ocean, so I don't get there often enough.  When I was on the cruise in April I had lobster twice, and it was frozen or cooked once and reheated because it was awful.

I agree! Live lobster fresh from the sea, nothing better! I'm fortunate cuz my neighbor has a place in Maine, and brings me back 30 to 40 live ones every time he goes there. Good eating, When cooked correctly. Mmmmmm
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you

#4016 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,588 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 07:02 PM

I agree! Live lobster fresh from the sea, nothing better! I'm fortunate cuz my neighbor has a place in Maine, and brings me back 30 to 40 live ones every time he goes there. Good eating, When cooked correctly. Mmmmmm

Uh huh, so they can survive the trip from the ocean to your place, so surely they could survive another few hours to my place!  Next time get the delivery timed with a trip of yours down my way!   :smilewink:   I hear so much about fresh seafood, but may never get to taste any.  :(

• Texas Deere and Horse and Craig. have said thanks

#4017 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,588 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 07:03 PM

I guess I'll just have to buy a live one from Kroger.  Might still not be as good as fresh caught off the coast of Maine, but has to beat what I've had up to this point.

• Craig. said thank you

#4018 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 07:55 PM

Uh huh, so they can survive the trip from the ocean to your place, so surely they could survive another few hours to my place!  Next time get the delivery timed with a trip of yours down my way!   :smilewink:   I hear so much about fresh seafood, but may never get to taste any.  :(

When I was maintenance chief of the COD crew, the flight crew would need flight hours and fly up to Maine and bring back Chest's full of lobster for everyone on the flight and maintenance crews. Ice them down and they will last for a long time.

#4019 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 26, 2014 - 10:23 PM

Daniel, glad to hear you got the hill side mowed off. Sounds like the 1100 was earning her keep today.

#4020 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted September 27, 2014 - 01:17 AM

Uh huh, so they can survive the trip from the ocean to your place, so surely they could survive another few hours to my place! Next time get the delivery timed with a trip of yours down my way! :smilewink: I hear so much about fresh seafood, but may never get to taste any. :(

I will see what I can do! Your sister (Mom) has the same request of me. 2 birds with 1 stone sorta speak. Beings Dad & Sue don't like lobster it would be just the 3 of us :-)