• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,642 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 09:38 AM

I am at a loss what to do.  The new sample with all my worst SCC offender cows gone was over the limit.  This would have suspended our permit, but my fieldman thinks he got the results of this sample deleted.  But I am still in deep trouble.  The count should have dropped, so I'm thinking some of these new heifers are kicking out bad SCC numbers too, but the results of individual samples from them haven't gotten back to me yet.  Stressed doesn't even come close to how I feel right now.  I was expecting better news.....not this.

• Craig. and sacsr have said thanks

#3512 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,642 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 09:51 AM

Fieldman DID get the results changed from official health dept test to a standard milk coop sample.  Not kicked off yet, but seriously in trouble.  I am almost to tears battling this.  Milk prices fell this month 8% from last month.  Even if I get the SCC down & controlled, my cow numbers are so low I'm gonna be lucky to pay my bills once milk prices drop further as predicted this Fall/Winter.  Not much joy in Ball Hollow.

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#3513 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,708 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 10:21 AM

Sorry to hear the latest bad news.  Isn't there someone you can call in that can test all the area's that maybe causing this to help get the numbers where they belong?  Or at least give you some direction.

• olcowhand said thank you

#3514 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,642 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 10:31 AM

I have Richie on his way after lunch to test the pulsator box.  I KNOW there is something wrong with it.   He was tied up yesterday, but can make it today.  He is good!  Milk parlors are his business.  I went to the parlor just now & put my volt meter back on the metal plate the pulsator controls are mounted to.  At first, no AC voltage, then the longer I left it on, the AC voltage increased.  When I left it was up to 25VAC.  No way this should be happening.

• Craig., KennyP and sacsr have said thanks

#3515 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 01:38 PM

I know where all your humidity went. Geez. It is like walking in a sauna outside.

Sorry to heat things are going badly. Hope they get better quickly.

Edited by UncleWillie, July 25, 2014 - 01:39 PM.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#3516 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,642 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 04:44 PM

All afternoon & my expert can't figure out the problem.  Back to square one.  Right now the voltage is contained, but the source isn't known.  I should be close to finished milking tonight, but not even started.  Heading back out now.  15hr day of nothing but stress before I'm done.

• Craig. and trowel have said thanks

#3517 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,079 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 05:39 PM

I'm sorry for all your stress and troubles. I hope everything straightens up soon for you guys.

#3518 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,708 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 05:48 PM

I was helping a friend put some Aux lights on his bike today.  We decided to ground them to the mounting bolt,  When we got the wiring done the left side worked and it was still loose but the right side nothing.  Checked of voltage and yep had plenty but ground would not read out.  Finally I cleaned the threads out on the bolt and on the fork and it worked.  I felt for sure cleaning the bracket and the fork it's self would have been good enough.   Your problem is probably something similar, maybe a line frayed or touching where it isn't supposed to.  Water intrusion some where?

#3519 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 05:52 PM

Daniel, I had to troubleshoot a pool area that had stray voltage running around.   It turned out that years ago someone had removed a spa and just buried and concreted over the electrical wiring.  Years went by, and the breakers for that stuff was turned back on.  The people on site chased the pool lighting for three years thinking that was where the problem was.  I was able to find the correct breakers, turn them off, and removed the wires.  So, I guess I'm saying look beyond the pulsator, cut power off in other places and see if it will go away.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3520 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,642 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 08:40 PM

Just ended my work day that started 5:30 am.  Concrete tomorrow morning 8am.  I am whipped both physically & mentally, but the show must go on I guess.  Called the guy I bought the cattle from & by all signs, he's gonna honor his warranty, and apologized for his cows causing me more grief than I already had.  I told him my weekend was chock full, so I'd just dump the milk from 5 cows of the 12 that I bought from him, then next week we'd get together.  Not made up my mind if I want the money back or take replacements.  He said either way I wanted and that the 2 that were having uterus infections, if I felt they needed it to call the vet out & he'd pay the bill.  Can't ask for more than that.

No day off this weekend, so that'll be 2 weeks between days off.  It's not the work getting to me....it's the stress.  Hoping now that these cow's milk will be out of the tank that Monday's pickup will give me a passing SCC count.  Now for some rest if I can manage that.  Seems I'm not managing anything all that well these days.  Somehow I'll get through this.

• Texas Deere and Horse, GTTinkerer, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3521 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 09:29 PM

I know where your at Daniel, sometimes you really wonder if it's all worth it. Hang in there my Friend.

#3522 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 10:07 PM

Daniel, I just got caught up on the latest.
Sorry to hear your luck went south. Hopefully a short term problem and things will right themselves soon.

#3523 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,459 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted July 26, 2014 - 05:21 AM

Daniel, I,too, am hoping things turn around real soon for you. Good luck with the pour this morning.

#3524 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 26, 2014 - 05:32 AM

Hoping the pore goes well for you, stress takes a lot out of you, go easy.

#3525 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,642 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 26, 2014 - 04:41 PM

First chance to get online today.  The pour went FANTASTIC!  Great finish & great bunch of guys doing the work.  Had Teresa run to town to get a bunch of Lee's chicken & biscuits, and we had a cooler of soft drinks.  Finished around 2pm, but just now getting to the house from talking with the guys and family who stopped by to see the goings on.  Now Stewart, the guy who handled the concrete job for me called & wants to take Teresa & I out to a steak dinner.  I'm tired as can be, and I did little actual work, but I'm game for steak!  I don't even have to drive!  

Here's a few pics.

Fred on the left (finisher) and Stewart on the right.

DSC00236.JPG

DSC00234.JPG DSC00237.JPG DSC00238.JPG

Mom & Dad came down to see the job being finished.

DSC00239.JPG DSC00240.JPG

• Texas Deere and Horse, GTTinkerer, Craig. and 5 others have said thanks